News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Are we into 50k?  (Read 1614 times)

Offline Brash

• Titan Games
  • Armies: Chaos Space Marines
Are we into 50k?
« on: May 16, 2017, 12:43:12 PM »
I have heard some speculation lately that with guilliman returned and a new era dawning the timeline is moving to 50k. I was just curious if anyone else had heard this and if we have not moved into the 50k timeline then exactly where are we in the 40k universe?
Ave Dominus Nox

Online Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
Re: Are we into 50k?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2017, 01:19:44 PM »
We are about 9k away from 50k.

The game is called Warhammer 40,000 because it takes place in the 41st millenium.  The events of the Gathering Storm take place during the 13th Black Crusade, which by the Imperial calendar is 999.998.M41

In other words, it is taking place at the end of the 41st millenium.  So if the timeline does advance, then the calendar would change to 000.000.M42.

So are we moving into 50k?  No.  Are we moving into 41k?  Yes.
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline Brash

• Titan Games
  • Armies: Chaos Space Marines
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2017, 03:25:27 PM »
I understand why it is called 40k, I just saw an interesting youtube video about the general progression into 50k. Their is even a theoretical story about 60k but that is far away lol.

Still since gw released age of sigmar it seems every month there is another big release that is completely changing the game which is exciting but it feels like they are moving pretty quickly.
Ave Dominus Nox

Offline Calamity

• Concussor Concussed Dice | Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Cocking up miniatures since 1998
  • Armies: Kharadron Overlords, Bloodbound, Celestial Lions
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2017, 04:15:42 PM »
It's now Warhammer 41k...but that's not a good name so they'll call it Dark Millennium.  ;D