News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 30k board?  (Read 2730 times)

Offline Dangerousdave0042

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
  • Armies: Imperial Guard, Blood Angels and Tyranids
30k board?
« on: November 4, 2015, 01:01:05 PM »
Maybe with the introduction of Betrayal at Calth from GW there should be a 30k posting board?
Just because you can, doesn't mean that you should.

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
Re: 30k board?
« Reply #1 on: November 4, 2015, 01:04:08 PM »
There would need to a lot more 30K related traffic to justify the creation of a new board.
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
« Reply #2 on: November 4, 2015, 07:28:24 PM »
For now, 30k posts can go into the Non-40k Gaming board.  But as Irisado said, if the amount of traffic justifies a new board, then the game will receive it.
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #3 on: November 5, 2015, 03:07:03 AM »
Showing my ignorance here but isn't 30K just 40K without the alien races? So shouldn't questions about Space Marines (even if they are older versions) just go in the Space Marine board.
Quote from: Starrakatt
"Russ, get your work done or you won't see your damn console for the next month!"
Quote from: Cavalier
Honestly Alienscar, we get it... you dont like painting!

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 5, 2015, 08:48:35 AM »
No.  My understanding is that the armies will have different rules, so it could wind up be very confusing for people asking for 30k advice and getting 40k answers.
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
  • From the Fourth Necromantic House
« Reply #5 on: November 5, 2015, 06:09:47 PM »
That is correct. 30K has a whole lot more whizzbang weapons, vehicles, and generally dangerous things going on that would be confusing for people unfamiliar with it.
Quote from: @TracyAuGoGO
Tact is for people who are too slow witted to be sarcastic.
Drink
Knights Tippler
Quote from: Surviving the World
If you can't make fun of something, it's probably not worth taking seriously.

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: November 5, 2015, 11:41:21 PM »
My LGS showed me some information of Betrayal at Calth, and it looks like it is going to be a board game similar to Space Hulk,  so if that is the case then a new board will most definitely not be needed.
I knew I had fans!!!

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #7 on: November 6, 2015, 05:16:31 AM »
That is correct. 30K has a whole lot more whizzbang weapons, vehicles, and generally dangerous things going on that would be confusing for people unfamiliar with it.

Oh right, cheers for that I thought I had read that you need the 40K rule book to play 30K.
"Russ, get your work done or you won't see your damn console for the next month!"

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: November 6, 2015, 02:10:51 PM »
You very may well need it. Yet from what I've read about 30K it includes weapons, units, and technology no longer available so while the basic rules are the same there's new old stuff, as it were, to include.
Drink
Knights Tippler

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: November 6, 2015, 04:02:42 PM »
You very may well need it. Yet from what I've read about 30K it includes weapons, units, and technology no longer available so while the basic rules are the same there's new old stuff, as it were, to include.

Wait, are we talking about Betrayal at Calth or all of the Heresy stuff that is coming out of Forgeworld?
I knew I had fans!!!

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #10 on: November 6, 2015, 04:16:21 PM »
To be honest I thought we were talking about 30K because as you rightly pointed out a board game wouldn't need it's own board

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: November 6, 2015, 04:25:18 PM »
30K is more than just the Betrayal at Calth release. FW have lists and battlezone descriptions for a lot more of the Horus Heresy.
Drink
Knights Tippler

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: November 6, 2015, 06:01:25 PM »
I thought we were talking about Betrayal at Calth, specifically, because the 30k stuff from Forgeworld has been out for quite some time and we haven't had anything close to enough traffic for it to get a board.
I knew I had fans!!!

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: November 6, 2015, 08:28:15 PM »
The result is still the same.
Drink
Knights Tippler