News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Good/Bad/Funny/randomthing to happen in 40k!  (Read 214488 times)

Offline f.desrochers

• Wraithlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Lazerous Penguin
Re: Good/Bad/Funny/randomthing to happen in 40k!
« Reply #20 on: December 8, 2006, 09:46:05 AM »
Playing mechanized guard against Khorne Chaos; 3 sentinels charged by a Bloodthirster and squad of lesser Khorne daemons. The Bloodthirster had taken a couple of wounds prior, charges and rolls a slew of attacks that penetrate all three (no surprise). For each penetration roll he rolls sixes.

First Sentinel forces a wound on the 'Thister and kills two 'Letters; second Sentinel kills three 'Letters, 'Thirster makes the save; third Sentinel kills three 'Letters and kills off the 'Thirster. What should have been a speedbump ended up eradicating the central part of his army.

Return on investment? yeah.....

;francois
;f.desrochers

Offline Mr. Mellow Mortil the Mellifluous

• jippee! = peril
« Reply #21 on: December 8, 2006, 07:05:10 PM »
My warp spider move towards an eathshaker platform, intent on killing it the next round. Yet my packs fail me, and I only end up 2" from my original position. In his turn, my opponent moves his 2 guard squads, equipped with plasma-rifles, around my spiders, to make sure that the intruders are death with. Then, he fires his earthshaker platform at the spiders. He guesses spot on (old rules), all of them fit under the plate.
Then the shot scatters. Right onto his own men.
One guard squad is reduced to just one man. The other loses a few men and turns to run. I lose one spider, and proceed to make a mess of the platform.
I can't even remember how the game ended. But it took nearly 10 minutes before I was capable of continuing with the game. These are the situations in which the BGB calls forsome 'good natured taunting' :P

Mortil
the Power
the Hero
the Ecstacy

Offline De'Raj7

• http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c305/axemaster259/kabalobs2.gif
« Reply #22 on: December 8, 2006, 10:07:36 PM »
I attacked a unit of 20 fire warriors with 20 genestealers, he won with 12 guys left, i had 9 and failed a morale check.

I fought off 1000 points of tau with 10 flayed ones, missing only 2 we'll be back rolls in 5 turns.

Offline EightyEight

• The Santa hat is here to stay.
« Reply #23 on: December 9, 2006, 07:52:20 AM »
Playing a Carnage scenario, my friend deployed a Vindicare Assassin right on the objective. I deployed the Decapitator with the instructions: "Behind the Vindicare". After finishing the Assassin off, he continued to lurk on the objective. A Tau Devilfish sidles up, ready to unload a squad of Fire Warriors, and the Decapitator strikes, knocking the Devilfish's rear in with a single S6 blow. Then some form of IG tank arrives, and guess what happens to its lovely AV 10 rear..

In a game of DE vs SM, I took a silly risk by placing my Ravager out in the open, 18" away from a Devastator squad with Missiles and Plasma. I shoot the Dissies, and take all but the PC Marines out. Needless to say, after his shooting phase, there wasn't anything left... of the Devastators! *evil laugh...*
« Last Edit: December 9, 2006, 07:54:07 AM by Bakerman »
Are we as offensive as we might be?

Offline Purgatory

• Neophyte
  • Auxilium et Concilium
    • The Ailarian
« Reply #24 on: December 9, 2006, 12:06:42 PM »
A weird dice glitch happened to me last weekend.

I'm Sisters of Battle and my opponent is Tau. He fires a Submission round from his Railhead on one of my squads of Battle Sisters (10 members). The situation is resolved in this way:

Opponent: Fire submission. Hit. 6 wounds.

Me: Fine, *roll* 5 failed saves.

So I rolled 5 1s and 2s on six dice which was stunning to watch. My opponent and another friend of mine laughed their assess off as I picked five battle sisters from the table.

Offline IronToe

« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2006, 03:31:35 AM »
oh forgot theses

Imperial guard vs Blood angels...his death company reached the dead center of my lines intact and started to chop up my poor guardsmen..i conter charged whit...my WHOLE army. In the same game my 3 sentinels was able to keep his hq and 10 men strong honored guards that included 3 powerfists and 7 a few meltabombs in close combat for 5 turns....his death company died shortly after that   

Offline Calus Drakin

• Armies: Night Lords, Eldar
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2006, 03:54:31 AM »
In one Fantasy game. ( Lizardmen Vs. Empire ) My Carnosaur broke his spearmen and pursued within 6 inches of his unit of 10 knights + Battle Standard Bearer + General. Next turn they failed their terror test and ran 16 inches away. His next turn they failed to rally and the entire unit cleared the board.

Losing 20 CSM in one round to nothing but Bolters and Heavy Bolters, due to my inability to make armor saves.

Had a unit of 8 CSM take half the firepower of an Eldar army and got reduced down to the aspiring champion. He managed to survive on his own for four turns until my opponent slipped up and I managed to assault his wave serpent, bringing it down and killing all the Dire Avengers inside, leaving only the Warlock, who he was still in combat with at the end of the game.
Considering my chosen armies are Vampire Counts and Night Lords, yes, I think "Back from the dead" is probably the most accurate description of my return.

Vampire Counts
     1 / 1 / 1

Offline nurgle5

« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2006, 07:39:03 AM »
i've got a list ;):
1: tank shocking a 10 man squad of CSM with lord and kai gun off the board turn1 with a 42pt trukk.
2:killing 5 terminators with 10 lasgun shots.
3:using a combo of a culuxs assasin and a leman russ to keep a super SM command squad pinned for an entire game.
4:watching huggernot's priest kill a super khorne dread in CC.
5: watching 10 terminators walk in to a booby trapped ruin.
6:in WHFB watching my 3 tomb king chariots run down 50 goblins on turn1.
7: watching my borgut facebeater whomp kroq gar in CC.
8: 10 slugga shots killing a full wounds 210pts Daemon prince.

oh ,the good times ;D.

Offline You are all Nerdzzz

• Including me
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2006, 08:24:58 AM »
Hmmmmmm
 a heavy bolter support squad reducing a great unclean to one wound from shooting and cc
 My priest killing a khorne dear in cc
 Sanctioned phsyker killing a carnifex in cc
 10 guardsmen killing a lictor in cc (they were in cover)
 20 conscripts reducing a chaos lords renitue to one plague marine and himself from shooting and cc
 My 25 common goblins destroying nurgle5's tomb kings chariot unit after he ran down my 50 night gobbo's
 Last but definitely the finniest all my plasma gunners all died on the same turn due to over heating i was guard at the time in case you don't realise ::)
oh yeah we irish got all the luck ....its a pitty its not always good luck :D

BUT NOT REALLY INCLUDING ME
College | Reviews | Teams | Wiki | Babes | Shop

Offline nurgle5

« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2006, 10:28:44 AM »
Quote from: Huggernot
a heavy bolter support squad reducing a great unclean to one wound from shooting and cc
it was alot more than that, now, no need to exaggerate.
20 conscripts reducing a chaos lords renitue to one plague marine and himself from shooting and cc
it was alot more than that, now huggernot.
Last but definitely the finniest all my plasma gunners all died on the same turn due to over heating i was guard at the time in case you don't realise
all one of them.

edit: Huggernot broke into my file and messed with my post.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2006, 05:00:39 AM by nurgle5 »

Offline Toad_Raider

• Warrior | Honk If You Like Zombies | Bow Ties Are Never Cool
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Zombies are people too!
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2006, 07:08:36 PM »
My Dark Eldar Lord rolling three dice for combat drugs, and rolling all the same number and killing himself.  Next turn his opponent (Sanguinary High Priest) fries himself with his plasma pistol immediately after.  Both our army commanders killing themselves in the space of ten minutes.
...a spiffified whizz-bang unit of Much Destruction that'll get whored like crazy in WD and kill a million Monoliths in the release batrep
Lomendil's pick for the new DE dex. Not quite, but we have a 'dex now!

Well played, TW.  By well played, I of course mean god damn your traitorous ways.

Do love Diplomacy!

Offline mightymurr

« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2006, 04:33:51 AM »
Hmm... I think I have a few things.

1. My 6 Deathwing Terminators charging a squad of Fire Warriors, only to be beaten to death with plastic guns before they could even use their powerfists. XD

2. Melting a Shas'o's mind with Farseer, and forcing his unit off the table due to 25% shooting casualties. (Opponent was using Commander Bodyguard)

3. Exposing my Falcon's rear armour so Harlequins could hop out and make make the charge. 3 Broadsides and 3 Fire Knife Crisis Suits couldn't even glance it.

Man... good times.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2006, 04:35:03 AM by 99% »

Offline Azaruss

« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2006, 02:25:21 AM »
Hey

Facing 40 ork choppas with 7 terminators...and surviving. That was just awesome  ;D

I've alsoed tried to lose an entire squad from one Leman Russ Battlecannon...damn those Imperial Scum!

Azaruss
Ave Dorminus Nox!

Offline The Cheese Weasel

« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2006, 07:34:36 AM »
In WHFB my 316pt Black Guard unit being sent running by the opening spell of the game, they didn't rally and went off the table at the start of turn 2.

Playing a tutorial game against nids, we were supposed to be playing 500pts, I was, the two newbies playing together on the opposite side had 500pts each (I was winning).

Tieing up an entire Tyranid flank with a single unit of Nurglings.

The look on my opponents face the first time I took DE and my Wych succubus single handedly downed his full health flying hive tyrant.

The only heavy weapon trooper in my SM army that actually hits anything is the Scout with a missile launcher. My Tac Las guys and my Devastators invariably miss all their shots.

Offline Chris Swas

« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2006, 07:06:38 AM »
Charging 7 Eldar Pathfiners into close combat to save four others, and actually succeding.

Proxying D-cannons in a (friendly) game, and when my opponent joked they're not exactly eldary, Painting Alatioc symbols on the front of my Surloin Soup D cannon.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2006, 07:09:36 AM by Chris Swas »

Offline Pandamonium

• It's definitely not a trap
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2006, 09:21:54 PM »
Small 500 point warbands game of fantasy...

Neared the end of the game, the Empire players and I (Ogres) came down to a Steamtank (Player 1), a Wizard and Great Cannon (Player 2) and 2 Bulls and a Hunter (Mine)

Charged my Bulls into the Wizard and failed to kill him (I don't know how).  Next turn, the Steamtank guy fires his cannon, destroys the great cannon, the roll then kills the 2 bulls right in front of the wizard and then kills the Hunter behind them.  The wizard didn't die, but 2 rounds later it was crushed by the tank

I almost cried

Offline Sapphon

• Infinity Circuit
  • No quantity of firepower matches my arrogance
« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2006, 12:48:23 PM »
In a Kill-team vs. Kill-team game, my opponent's 3 Stealthsuits and 2 gun drones were trying (unbeknownst to me) to lose vs. my 5 Warp Spiders and powerblade Exarch, and he couldn't do it.  He didn't want to make it obvious that he was throwing the game, but his objective was to lose, and he kept passing every save he made, and I kept failing every one of mine...
"I personally don't use Guardians at all...there's something about 500 year old artists dying en masse I find distressing."

-Lascidel

Instead of tallying my wins and losses and posting them here, I instead took the total W/L/D's from all of the 40KO signatures in existence and put them here.  Enjoy!

W: 6296540262043640254 592655492524
D: 100
L: 4

Offline Purgatory

• Neophyte
  • Auxilium et Concilium
    • The Ailarian
« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2006, 03:10:09 PM »
I remembered another dice glitch which pretty much gave me a brain tumour:

Me (SM) vs. Black Legion.

He has a Defiler well in LOS of a couple of my tank-hunting units - namely a Predator Annihilator and a Tactical Marine with a Missile Launcher. He fires with the Defiler on turn 1 and a deployment error from my side made it possible for him to see a single Tactical Marine when the squad was otherwise covered. Ouch.

I decided that the Defiler is going down. So I launch a Krak Missile. Hits, and rolls a 1 for armour penetration against the Defilers front armour. Fire with the Pred. Hits and rolls a 1 for armour penetration.

The following turn I managed to roll good enough to get my Dreadnought in a Drop Pod to arrive. It lands beside the Defiler. I shoot the Krak Missile again, and roll a 1 to hit. I shoot with the predator and roll another 1 for armour penetration. I then unload the Dreads assault cannon into the Defiler's side armour, hoping to roll at least a single 6 on the to hit dice. I roll 2, 2, 2, 1.

Which pretty much caused me the game - that I quickly turned it so personal with the defiler. God I hate defilers :)

Offline skalnok

• i like harlequins they make me laugh
« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2006, 03:04:38 PM »
me and my friend were getting bored of a huge stale mateso i decided to end the game with some .. pizzazz  i am about to quote myself

this is getting kinda boring so on a 6 my librarian trips over a beer bottle and his sword splits an atom and kills us all .. all independant characters will get a 6+ invulnrable save so they have a chance of surviving.

i ended up rolling 16 6's on the same die ( i swear its not loaded he tried and only got 1's and 3's so he made me roll for him too)

all the special characters and independant ones Lived.

edited i put died instead of lived by accident
« Last Edit: December 22, 2006, 07:51:52 AM by skalnok »
98% of the weed smokers on this site bug the 2% non-smokers on this site about why they should.  Maybe the 98% should lighten up, go smoke one and leave us to our choices.

"OMG, did you see that, the big melty thingy melted bob, OMG it's walking this way.  OH DEAR GREATER GOOD, RUN!"

If I eat your brain, do I gain your talen

Offline Galderon

• Infinity Circuit
« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2006, 05:10:29 PM »
My IG morotr squad bouncing a squad of Charging Bezerkers.     ;D
I love the sound of squealing marines in the morning. I justifies my Wraith Lord.