News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Web-Comics  (Read 918 times)

Offline -Makenshi-

• I See Stupid People
  • Ancient
Web-Comics
« on: April 25, 2005, 02:40:18 PM »
This is the post dedicated to spreading word and discussing web comics (not just Warhammer related ones, in fact, i for one, am not fond of Warhammer Web Comics [except TSOALR of course ;D]) although note this isn't a club, I can't be arsed to update and link to members' names.

Anyway, I'll start things off by providing a link to Errant Story, both my avvy and sig come from it. It's a Fantays comic, is updated very regularily (every 2-3 days) and contaisn a wonderful mix of lewdness, comedy, seriosuness and sarcasm.

There's a lot of links to other web comics there so try not to link to one that's there too, just mention it ;).

Enjoy.

~MTWC
Quote from: IainC
Because spamming the hotkey for a Deathknight's weapon in WoW is precisely the same as learning to use a sword in real life. That's why when Kendo grandmasters fight, they just stand there shouting keystroke combos at each other.

Offline Jonik

• Field Marshal
  • Ancient
Re: Web-Comics
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2005, 02:41:29 PM »
I quite like thepercyproject.com Though it might just be me.....
Tolaren 23rd Grenadiers - Jonik's Imperial Guard 'Tale'
Chariots of the Dead - Jonik's Tomb Kings 'Tale'

My BfSP Dwarfs in exchange for your BfSP Goblins! PM me! I'm still looking!

Offline -Makenshi-

• I See Stupid People
  • Ancient
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2005, 02:46:22 PM »
Any particular reason?

~MTWC
Because spamming the hotkey for a Deathknight's weapon in WoW is precisely the same as learning to use a sword in real life. That's why when Kendo grandmasters fight, they just stand there shouting keystroke combos at each other.

Offline Jonik

• Field Marshal
  • Ancient
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2005, 02:48:08 PM »
Why I like it? Dunno, i just like reading them....
Tolaren 23rd Grenadiers - Jonik's Imperial Guard 'Tale'
Chariots of the Dead - Jonik's Tomb Kings 'Tale'

My BfSP Dwarfs in exchange for your BfSP Goblins! PM me! I'm still looking!

Offline Inquisitor Yoda

• Small, Green & Spammish: Now with Extra Alcololz
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Where's the damn festive cheer?
    • Original Writings
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2005, 02:50:16 PM »
I happen to like The adventures of Bob (A shameless plug) and TSOLAR.

That's right folks, ectoplasm, the force which keeps the sun orbiting around me. Learn it well.

Offline Wurzelmaniac

• MINF: Back on the Market
  • Ancient
  • Masculine In Sex
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2005, 02:56:25 PM »
Filthy lies the story of two, normal young men...

EDIT-Right you are Makenshi...
« Last Edit: April 25, 2005, 03:38:39 PM by Wurzelmaniac »
Quote from: Razyus
Quote from: Salami Tadico
I could do rules, but I really just want to spam Goatse and the like somewhere without restraint or fear of reprisal.
We get it. You've got issues.

Offline -Makenshi-

• I See Stupid People
  • Ancient
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2005, 03:12:35 PM »
Can we please link to the first comic in the series? It's kind of annoying seeing the msot recent one as it can ruin the story.

~MTWC

Offline [dixon]

• I pretend to be other users
  • BANNED
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2005, 03:39:29 PM »
Golden Throne all the Way!  Link on my URL button thingy <--.
I pretended to be other members, and finally got BANNED

Offline Chuckles, The Space Marine Clown

• Can't Touch This; Captain; Swarmlord - Tyranid Sweatshop Operator; 40KO's Official WMD; "No American orphans, please"
  • Ancient
  • I kill, maim and torture because I care
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2005, 05:47:37 PM »
Can we please link to the first comic in the series? It's kind of annoying seeing the msot recent one as it can ruin the story.

True but the standard practice with internet comics is to have their basic web address link to the latest episode- annoying but there you are. Still not a a problem though.

For me, Errant Story (cheers Makenshi, it rules  ;D), RPG World and Schlock Mercenary are the best (all hail a-morphs). Don't need to link Errant Story, here's the other 2:
Schlock Mercenary= http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20000612.html
And RPG World= http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20000612.html

Incidentally, Makenshi, this is kinda off-topic but it's a waste of space to start a thread on it, you wouldn't happen to know what the point of having a seach bar on the main index page of this site is if it's impossible to actually use it to search for anything with it, would ya?
The forum rules are fair and just. *twitch*

Offline -Makenshi-

• I See Stupid People
  • Ancient
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2005, 05:51:35 PM »
Fraid not...

Anyway, this is thread is not only to alert peopel to good webcomics but to discuss them too, hence...

Who's your favourite character out of Errant Story IHaveTheQi? I think you can guess who mine is ::).

~MTWC

• Can't Touch This; Captain; Swarmlord - Tyranid Sweatshop Operator; 40KO's Official WMD; "No American orphans, please"
  • Ancient
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2005, 05:56:28 PM »
Well, gee I don't know, could it be... Sarine? Just a thought ;).
Mine is Jon, no questions. Just the right balance of bad-assness and comci value. My only thing is he isn't the coolest looking character in the world. Sarine has the best dang outfit in the world, although I think her face artwork is slightly weak. You read anything else off Keenspot? Oh, and are you familiar with concept of furries and taurs?

Offline -Makenshi-

• I See Stupid People
  • Ancient
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2005, 06:03:34 PM »
I've read a bit of RPG world, not as good as Errant Story IMHO but good nonetheless. Jon's cool, heavily sarcastic, what could be better?

Furries yes (people who are furry right?), not Taurs though.

~MTWC

• Ancient
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2005, 06:11:37 PM »
Ah, k. Cause there's a web comic that's totally different from RPG World, Errant Story etc, called Suburban Jungle, populated by furries (they aren't just furry people, they have characteristics and appearances of certain animals btw), which I quite like cause it's funny, but I'm a bit of a mettrosexual.
RPG World isn't meant to be taken even slightly seriously, whereas Errant Story is a great piece of plot and artwork combination. RPG World is much more easy reading than ES (thought I 'd start abbreviating or we'd be here for a while)

Offline Wurzelmaniac

• Ancient
  • Masculine In Sex
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2005, 06:24:54 PM »
My fave is probably Ellis. He's a snidey, realistic and much put-upon but immortal flying cat. Wouldn't you love to be that (minus the psycho owner o/c)?
I could do rules, but I really just want to spam Goatse and the like somewhere without restraint or fear of reprisal.

Offline -Makenshi-

• I See Stupid People
  • Ancient
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2005, 06:28:04 PM »
My fave is probably Ellis. He's a snidey, realistic and much put-upon but immortal flying cat. Wouldn't you love to be that (minus the psycho owner o/c)?

True, I love what he says when Meji (sp?) say's she wants to see where she came from...

~MTWC

Offline Wurzelmaniac

• Ancient
  • Masculine In Sex
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2005, 06:33:55 PM »
My fave was with the thugs when she helps the farmboy out...

that and her sneeky way past the guards ;D

• Ancient
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2005, 06:36:53 PM »
Ellis is funny but incredibly unconstructive, and seems to have no grasp of when to keep his fat mouth shut and when to scream out loud the stuff he sees. And those super fast assassin dudes are way cool too though I've forgotten what they're called...

Offline Major BigBadOgryn

• Major
  • Our pride is service, our duty is to die.
    • the best IG site on the net
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2005, 04:24:52 PM »
NuklearPower.com great comic-ish strip.
Jimseats.com a WTF site, but funny in a simple way
landecay.com/lostinappleton another WTF strip, but good.

Member Board 18 Chain of Command

From now until forever they shall utter our names. "Brave men," they'll say, "who fought for home and hearth; who stood proud when no light was left to see, when lands were drowned in blood. Strong men," they'll say, "who gave until their deaths."

Offline -Makenshi-

• I See Stupid People
  • Ancient
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2005, 04:39:17 PM »
Please provide links, rather than just naming them. If you don't know how to do them simply replace the text in the following code with the url of the site:
Code: [Select]
[url]link to site[/url]
Or if you want to do it like a pro:
Code: [Select]
[url=link to site]name of web comic[/url]
~MTWC