News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: The Glittering Host - A newb's entry into Fantasy! (HE) Updated w/ 2nd BatRep  (Read 4461 times)

Offline Adasi

Hi Guys, having been out of the loop for a few years, i've recently acquired the new Island of Blood box set.

I've created a blog the follow my re-entry into Wargaming but i'm brand spankin' new to Fantasy, so it'll be following my painting, modelling and eventual gaming (failures!)

Whilst i've posted several step by step shots on the blog for those interested, i thought i'd just post the end shots in here.

I'm quite pleased all things considered - i've managed to "save" some paint pots and had to acquire some new ones, and i hadn't touched a paintbrish in several years.

With that said, I painted the Sword Masters of Hoeth first and this is the Champion, Musician and Standard bearer

Constructive critisism more than welcomed (but play nice! - i'm tender!)

« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 04:28:30 AM by Adasi »

Offline csjarrat

• lock and load...
Re: The Glittering Host - A newb's entry into Fantasy! (HE)
« Reply #1 on: March 9, 2011, 11:51:22 AM »
very nice! hard to tell whether the fist on the banner needs some red highlights, or whether its the camera making it look really dark?
very clean look though, i like it

Offline Adasi

« Reply #2 on: March 9, 2011, 04:07:50 PM »
yeah, for some reason - in my eagerness to upload pictures i completely forgot to highlight the fist on the banner - thanks for the reminder

As an update - i've started on the IoB mage - pics are on the blog in the sig. I'll post completed pictures in here when presentable - as time's a premium, i've only applied a base coat and the washes.

Offline Adasi

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2011, 03:02:06 PM »
Hi Guys,

Got a bit of time on my hands tonight and managed ot "finish" my mage from IoB. I say finish as in my eagerness, i've rished it and there's now plenty to touch up - but its ok for gaming!

Here's one picture as i dont want to go pic heavy here, there a few more on the blog in my sig!

Adasi.

Offline Adasi

« Reply #4 on: April 3, 2011, 05:59:10 PM »
Hi Guys,

I've just finished my Lothern Sea Guard for the IoB!...gotta say - i'm kinda hating the models now - never thought i'd moan that there's too much deatil on a model...

I've not based them yet, but here's the "finished" product...There's more pictures as normal on the blog in my sig.

My High Elves Blog
« Last Edit: April 3, 2011, 06:03:36 PM by Adasi »

Offline Adasi

Re: The Glittering Host - IoB Reavers Done
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2011, 05:03:30 AM »
Hi Guys,

Finished the reavers from IoB over the weekend. Pics and thoughts are on the blog (sig) but here's a pic for this thread. I'm hoping to get a unit of 20 spears done next as i think it's important to have a nice big block of painted core! (plus it gets them out the way!)

Offline csjarrat

• lock and load...
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2011, 10:19:43 AM »
very nice colour scheme!
little bit of gold overlapping on to the horses flesh on the nearest model in the shot, but very crisp looking unit.

Offline Adasi

« Reply #7 on: June 3, 2011, 03:13:38 PM »
Hi Guys,

After freakin' ages, i've managed to get some more painting done and finally finished a unit of 20 spears. These have taken me so long for quite a few reasons:

1) School stuff came up several times
2) Painting 20 of the same model can get very demoralising and i swear i wanted to top myself after painting the mail on the 20th!!

Either way, here's one finished picture, there's more on my blog (in the sig):

Offline Adasi

« Reply #8 on: July 8, 2011, 07:06:25 AM »
Hi Guys,

Due to lack of weather at the right time to undercoat what i wanted to do, i've painted the only undercoated thing i had - The Island of Blood; Prince on a Griffon.

Here a final picture of it, but as always there's loads more in the blog (in my sig) and this time i seem to have gone a little pic heavy including a crazy glowing lance shot!

Offline csjarrat

• lock and load...
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2011, 03:04:04 AM »
blimey, looks like a huge lightsaber :-)
hard to tell from the photo but looks like you've drybrushed the wings?
it looks nice, but a wash of gryphon sepia or badab (watered) would reduce the "dusting" effect on the feather bodies and still leave a highlight on the raised areas

Offline Adasi

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2011, 02:48:39 PM »
Thanks. was considering giving it another watered down wash.

Well, i had my first game yesterday  and was against my mate who's just got back into the hobby too. He brought Skaven instead of the anticipated Chaos so i used an older list i'd made.

I've tried to do it in the style of the great "OnceBitten" Bretonian reports, but i apologise for the crap sound!

The video is embedded in the blog post and the link to my blog is in the sig.

Blog linky

Offline csjarrat

• lock and load...
like it. btw where you from? sound like your from my neck o' the woods (east yorkshire!)

Offline Adasi

\thanks - Sheffield born 'n' bred!

Offline csjarrat

• lock and load...
Good lad, yorkshire ftw.
Will be wkrking over in sheffield soon. Fancy a game?

Offline Adasi

aye can do! i try and make down to GW on thursdays - as you can tell - trying to iron out a lot of rules creases at the moment but defo! always gonna be fun to play a new army!

Offline Adasi

alright guys,

Second BatRep is up - this week is against the same mate but he's brought a Warriors of Chaos army to the table. It ends up rather crushing, but considering the bodge ups on my part i'm not gonna dwell...

Click me to see the battle report!

Offline Adasi

Hi guys,

game 003 Vs Khorne Warriors has been uploaded to the blog and youtube! This was an incredibly fun game and is a great example of what this edition would be WITHOUT all the so-called OP magic!

If anyone is in Sheffield area next thursday and wants a game ~1500pts, let me know on the blog please!

csjarrat - are you in Sheffield yet?

Offline csjarrat

• lock and load...
I was but i left by about three pm as the demo finished early. If they buy a system (looks like they will!) then ill be down there a lot more often and will bring my dudes for a scrap.

Offline Adasi

Hi guys,

It's been a while since i've posted an update on the painting side of thing so figured it was about time i got the buzz back - and what better motivation to paint my Dragon Princes than watching five of them tear through 40 Great Weapon wielding Chaos Mauraders!!!

As usual, here's one picture, but there's loads on the blog post (in the sig) along with other mumblings and future gaming plans!

Offline Adasi

Re: The Glittering Host - A newb's entry into Fantasy! (HE) Updated w/ 2nd BatRep
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2011, 05:05:07 AM »
With teaching now eating most of my free time, i've finally managed to finish my Dragon princes and get a 2500pt game in ...pics and a summary are on the blog...here's one for the road!

Regards

Adam