News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Focke Wulf Guard  (Read 15807 times)

Offline The Black Dahlia Murder

• NRPH forever...
Re: Focke Wulf Guard
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2010, 11:59:22 PM »
Built and painted this Chimera in two days for the tournament on Saturday. I used sticky tac to mask off the areas I wanted to keep neutral gray. Worked very nice.

« Last Edit: August 5, 2011, 11:58:18 PM by The Black Dahlia Murder »

Offline tryanotherone - smurfernating

• SPAMMER: I swear I am not an ad-bot!
  • Pray hard - life is short!
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2010, 05:54:53 AM »
The camouflage looks very neat.

I suppose you airbrushed your chimera?
Taking a very long break.

The Rumour Mill - bending the fabric of time and space

Remember Brimstone - legends live forever

• NRPH forever...
« Reply #22 on: September 3, 2010, 04:24:26 PM »
That is correct my good sir. Going to start up the airbrush sometime this weekend to get more tanks done. Anyone who paints a large number of tanks needs one of these.

W.I.P earthshaker cannon.

W.I.P Valkyrie cockpit

My Sgt. Harker aka Sgt. Bulldog. He is going to be stripped and re-painted. I built him back in the middle 4th ed IG codex. Looks like GW stole another idea of mine.

Random Sgt. Can't see the camo green and catachan green spots on the brown jacket.

« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 12:58:13 AM by The Black Dahlia Murder »

• NRPH forever...
« Reply #23 on: September 4, 2010, 03:17:58 PM »
Leman Russ Eradicator

« Last Edit: August 5, 2011, 11:57:06 PM by The Black Dahlia Murder »

Offline Juroda

• You don't play ping-pong; Ping-pong plays YOU!!!
« Reply #24 on: February 7, 2011, 05:48:30 PM »
What, no tracks? I just noticed that there were no tank tracks on any tanks. Why? Love the conversions so far :D

• NRPH forever...
« Reply #25 on: February 9, 2011, 09:28:24 PM »

With all of my tank models (even non-40k), I keep the tracks off because I find it much easier to paint and weather the tracks with them off.

• NRPH forever...
« Reply #26 on: March 2, 2011, 08:44:43 PM »
Getting closer and closer to getting all of my Leman Russes done. I have two problems...

1. Looking for some sponsons and a hatch or two for the front mounted heavy weapon on the Russ.

2. Hunter Killer Rockets. I will be arming with all of my Russes (the basic ones) with HKRs because they look nice. I will be using the fat old rockets because well... I have them and I don't have the time nor the money to get the newer ones. In the photos bellow, I have two ideas of where to put the rockets. 1. On the side of the turret on the turret basket. 2. On the targeter box. The nice thing about #2 is that I can add an armored skirt around the turret... hmm... what do you guys think?

At this rate, I will have more than half of my Russes ready to get painted. Another thing is that I will be making a video about something relating to my Fockle Wulf Guard and post it on Youtube. Bet you guys will like it ;) Take a guess of what the video will be about.
« Last Edit: August 4, 2016, 03:05:16 PM by The Black Dahlia Murder »

• NRPH forever...
« Reply #27 on: August 5, 2011, 11:45:57 PM »
My ghillie suit spotter for my snipers.

^Didn't glue the gun on btw^

The plan for this guy was to make a U.S style ghillie suit on this guy with GS but it failed. Real bad. But I had time to save this guy. I smoothed out the GS and I don't know what I should do with this guy. Maybe screw around with some carapace armor or something.

« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 01:07:42 AM by The Black Dahlia Murder »

• NRPH forever...
Re: Focke Wulf Guard with ghillies in the mist :D
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2012, 09:07:08 PM »
No love huh. O well, going to keep on fighting. This time, some ground ponders. These will be part of my conscripts

« Last Edit: August 4, 2016, 03:07:20 PM by The Black Dahlia Murder »

Offline Guildmage Aech

• FLAMER: Ego Bigger than his Common Sense Centre | 40KO's Care Bear of Spite | Dolphin Death Dealer | 40K Oracle
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Personal text
Re: Focke Wulf Guard with ghillies in the mist :D
« Reply #29 on: January 1, 2013, 06:49:44 AM »
The gillie suit is cool, I'm not sure what you can do with the failed model... Unless you want a random guy in a Radiation suit!

Ye olde necromunda models? Pretty cool, the make good veterans too because of the wargear.
How is the army going overal?
Rules Expert 2007 | Kijayle Commemorative Award for Acid Wit 2008 | Most Notoriously Valuable Rules Expert 2009 | Most Notorious 2014

• NRPH forever...
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2013, 02:50:13 PM »

No clue what I am going to use this guy for but at least I got another model done! :D

• NRPH forever...
« Reply #31 on: February 9, 2013, 10:11:42 PM »
One of the schemes for the Guardsmen. There will be a mix of camo clothes just like how the Russian/Soviet military does. I already have two schemes thought of (shown bellow) but I would like two or three more woods/jungle scheme. I have some ideas though.

For the new scheme. I might do a rotten flesh base coat then devlan mud wash then highlight with rotten flesh then do the other colors.

• NRPH forever...
« Reply #32 on: December 2, 2013, 10:41:33 PM »
Finally grew a pair and tried doing a wash on the bolts on my Chimera for my Stormtroopers.

• NRPH forever...
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2016, 07:34:30 PM »
Been a while huh? Lots of stuff has happened on my end... With personal and 40k. But we are here for 40k right? New news about my Imperial Guard:

-Finally figured out how to use an airbrush. Still not a professional but I can get paint out and paint stuff. I'm aiming to get my tanks done.

-Finally figured out what colors I'm using for camouflage for the tanks and troops. Took me a long long time to figure out what patterns I'm using. I started to figure out what schemes I wanted and it has been 9 years to figure out what I wanted. Going for a SS pattern and Soviet KLMK for the troops. Still going after that rag tag, 'been in the field for a long time' look. Might try a German paratrooper scheme on a few guys. For the tanks, I'm going for the ambush pattern for German tanks and maybe some type of multi color scheme from the Soviets/Russians.

-Somehow, I lost some of my models, even my favorite leman Russ, the one with the camo netting on it. Sigh. I still have a bunch of tanks and troops left to do.

-Every guardsman will have at least a grenade, water canteen and knife.

Time for some photos of my last fully done model:

I'm not happy with how the scheme came out. I'm very OCD and anal about how it looks. Did a lot of research on how to do it. It's one of those things I might need to do 100 times before it looks good enough to keep my OCD in check.

Offline dog_of_war

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Orks, Chaos Space Marines, Eldar, Dark Eldar
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2016, 10:33:51 PM »
That is some pretty fantastic camo work you got there. I'd love to see a whole unit done up in that scheme. Totally sucks when you misplace a model, especially one near and dear to you. Keep up the great work, it's looking awesome!

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2016, 07:30:28 AM »
Yeah I dig that camo as well. Like your bits selection too. I really enjoy kitting my guys out in a specific way as well. Anyway welcome back to the forum!
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline vonny

• I *LOVE* 40k OFFline!
  • Armies: Tyranids, Lamenters (BA), Eldar (Iyanden), 1k Sons
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2016, 06:25:43 PM »
I REALLY like the kneeling guy with the lasgun. Those skintones are awesome and everything just looks... perfect. I also like the headless guy with grenade launcher camo. Those two are probably my favorites

Once greenstuff dried off, it's actually quite doable to cut/peel it off. You can try that.
check out my Iyanden painting blog.

• NRPH forever...
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2016, 06:19:17 PM »
Thanks for the input everyone! \(0u0)/

I do need to work on my free stuff skills for sure. The green stuff I have right now is from years ago. I do love the headless grenade launcher guy too. Based off of some scheme from an Opfor guy from MW2. Problem is that the base is GW's rotten flesh which isn't made anymore and there's no replacement from GW. It seems like the forum has died down a lot since I was on here all the time.

Now it's time for more finished models!

Commander:

Command squad's medic:

Offline dog_of_war

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Orks, Chaos Space Marines, Eldar, Dark Eldar
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2016, 09:51:09 PM »
Very nice work. Really like how clean and crisp you got the white. Any thoughts on how you're going to base them? I'm assuming lots of tufts of grass or a jungle theme to fit in with the camouflage.

• NRPH forever...
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2016, 11:41:27 PM »
As of right now, no clue yet. maybe some grass with some urban parts. I should start basing my stuff, I have a ton of fully done with nothing based.