News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Harlequin WL - project  (Read 2504 times)

Offline Torg_OR

Harlequin WL - project
« on: March 11, 2008, 03:17:32 PM »
Pulled out an old blister Eldar dred... I need another Harlequin themed WraithLord for my existing Harlequin themed force.  I plan to build the new WL... base coat it with paint and then reassemble for final detailing.  At some point I want to also want to come up with a decent base decoration.

Here is my current/existing dred

Here is my starting mess... adding in a Harlequin jetbike hood from my personal stash
and a big old gun for a "pistol" (old eldar RT era plasma will count as either star cannon or BrightLance).

After flash and line clean up... I dry fit the initial figure...

Next I will begin work on cutting the legs to re-pin them into a more suitable stance... as well as adjust things to fit on the round base.

now... the completed legs in new positioning and ready to be pinned down to the new round base.

thats it for now... next time I will look at getting the torso glued in, cut and reposition the arms and hands and find a grip solution for the gun.  I am spot super gluing all the connection points and will pop it apart later for primer and base paint.

-d
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 03:23:50 PM by Torg_OR »

Offline Torg_OR

Re: Harlequin WL - project
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 11:02:13 AM »
Ok update! -

Here is the new stance with the adjusted legs -
Torso and back polls attached.

OK... I had trouble coming up with a grip for the pistol (brightlance/starcannon) - but cut up an old weapon platform shield which fit nicely. I drilled out the weapon mount area, and then cut into the rest.  Creating a trigger guard - then added a small wire for the trigger.
The hand was more difficult as I broke 2 fingers trying to bend them into place (one to be the trigger finger and one to grip it.  I found my small bit and drilled and pinned them back into place.  With doing the pinning I slightly extended the fingers length to better grip the gun.

Thats it for now... next time I want to work on what to do the other arm and hand.  I was thinking about it helping hold the gun (under the stock) but the Harlequin face is to large to allow this.  So now I am thinking about an iconic "han solo" type stance ( gun pointed forward - other hand sort of out and open to balance things).

-d

Offline Torg_OR

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 09:48:15 AM »
-update- ... spot-glueing to get the stance right... will pop things apart before final glue/puddy/primer/paint stage.

Anyhow... face attached along with gun arm.  Positioning so he appears to be aiming.... or just quick drawing.

...tonight I will work on the other arm (already cut it apart)....pin and glue.  After that I need to think about basing before primer time.

-d

Offline Torg_OR

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2008, 09:41:35 PM »
OK... final major modeling is complete... will pick up some green-stuff (not sure if local store has it).... I have the white stuff (GW) but it isn't as good.

Anyhow... here is the final pose and assembly... will fill the gaps with putty and work on base ideas.  Not sure on paint... thinking on that.

HERE YA GO with the shots-

-ok.. time to think about basing and such!

-d

Offline Arkion

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2008, 01:52:33 PM »
This is a very cool project.  I can't believe you haven't gotten more responses!

How long have you been doing this sort of thing?  Cutting into pewter still makes me nervous.

Offline Torg_OR

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2008, 02:07:55 PM »
Yeah its been pretty quiet on this log... oh well.  Anyhow I have not been converting much for long.  But I have been playing and collecting since 1988 or so.  Cutting and pinning sometimes can get scary.  On this project alone I was bending the fingers...and 3 have broke which I had to drill and pin.  it was scary drilling that small.. but with patience it worked out.

This weekend I will work on getting some primer on him.... and find some green-stuff to do some extras with.

Thanks for the reply!!

-d

Offline Deathpepper

• Big Mek
  • If all else fails, roll more dice!
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2008, 08:16:26 AM »
Nice work posing him, very clownish.  Keep us updated on the painting.  ;D

Batreps        Ork Models      Painting Blog

Offline moc065

• Infinity Circuit / Necrontyr Lord / KoN Warlord
  • Ancient
  • King of the Preemptive Strike
    • klucas.piczo.com
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2008, 03:09:11 PM »
Wow, I thought that I was one of the few to get some of these old buggers, so well done to you inthat regard...The original one looks cool, but how about doing the face up with a 50/50 theme or some checks to make it feel more Harlequin as well.

Nice conversions so far too, so keep us posted.

CaHG
Join POC: Saim-Hann
or Read the Guide to Eldar
or read the Guide to Necrons

And Click here if you like Magic The Gathering