News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Raptors Army Commission WIP blog  (Read 13071 times)

Offline evilmonkey

• Guard 4 teh win
Re: Raptors Army Commission WIP blog
« Reply #20 on: January 1, 2008, 08:56:17 AM »
Cheers.

I was thinking of creating a mechanied Raptors list some time in the future. I may just have to steal your colours/technique.

Offline nurgle5

« Reply #21 on: January 1, 2008, 09:07:25 AM »

Offline insane0018

• Jack's Painting
« Reply #22 on: January 1, 2008, 04:42:35 PM »
Really great job, I always look foward to your next work.
How did you do the parchment?

Offline Gothmog

« Reply #23 on: January 2, 2008, 09:50:04 PM »
Very well done...your scheme looked very similar to mine

Offline Wallance

« Reply #24 on: January 5, 2008, 08:28:36 PM »
Chaplains are about my fave model in the game.  Great stuff there, might need to pick up that particular one for my assaulty troops.

What green did you use?  I am doing a catachan green base with camo green highlights for my guys...

Offline cdtpullem

« Reply #25 on: January 5, 2008, 08:56:14 PM »
I'm so happy with how the chaplain came out, and the dynamic posing on Shrike is great too. The cool thing with the Shrike model is that there are so many little details, bones and honors, etc. Even the power cabling to the claws has vertebrae going up the length of it.   

Offline SentientBee

« Reply #26 on: January 5, 2008, 09:28:57 PM »
Looking good as always nurgleboy - what are your prices out of intrest ? *is considering getting a word bearer patrol done by someone*

Offline Skeeve

• Brushmaster 5000
    • My painting Blog
« Reply #27 on: January 8, 2008, 07:04:38 PM »
Dude with lightning claws on a palm tree is amazing. So far my favorite model, I don't know way the whole composition is so dynamic...

Offline DJBtod

« Reply #28 on: January 8, 2008, 07:05:36 PM »
Looks great, but you should put him on a bigger base (the medium sized one or the large flying). The paint job looks great, but the armor looks a little plain. Maybe some battle damage, scratches or something?

~dan

Offline cdtpullem

« Reply #29 on: January 8, 2008, 07:15:03 PM »
I agree with Brierton on that one, some weathering would look great, but I'm sure Nurgle has something like that in mind once he gets down to the freehand stuff. I'm not sure I like the tip of his helm being black though the cabling turned out great. I like how clean the model is.

Offline cdtpullem

« Reply #30 on: January 8, 2008, 07:47:11 PM »
I think that if you continued the bone color down a bit more of the "beak" and darkened it a little as you went and then left the black as trim that would look great. As for weathering, chips and mud, but more mud then chips

Offline DJBtod

« Reply #31 on: January 8, 2008, 08:46:05 PM »
consider shrike's role in a battle,

He would spend days, or weeks moving into the best position so when the battle began, he had the best spot (so lots of mud).

I would also expect him being a commander, and being fast (gogo jump pack) to see LOTS of action on the battle field. (so lots of chips)

But I am very biased towards that stuff, so get more opinions. Seeing all the picture perfect eldar china dolls is not how war is fought, it's dirty, it's in the mud, it's using everything you got to kill the other guy, and maybe survive.
~dan

Offline taphos

« Reply #32 on: January 9, 2008, 10:42:33 PM »
I'd like to see some Ork teeth hanging from his belt (Shrike model)... but too late, looks very snazzy and I am a fan of the beaky beak.

Can't wait to see how my GK's are going to look seeing how much justice you do to marines.
"This is because complex concepts (a blood god that doesn't advocate mindless slaughter?) don't sell all that well to emo kids and wannabe punks, the people who seem most prone to playing Chaos." - Drongol (warseer)

Offline DJ-of-E

• Slow Painter is Slow
    • DJ-of-E's 40k Album
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2008, 01:11:07 AM »
While you have such a nice painting job, I really can't say whether they are "chaosy."  They look really too imperial to me.

Offline Squirrelloid

• Honor Guard
  • Only in darkness, light
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2008, 06:54:12 PM »
consider shrike's role in a battle,

He would spend days, or weeks moving into the best position so when the battle began, he had the best spot (so lots of mud).

I would also expect him being a commander, and being fast (gogo jump pack) to see LOTS of action on the battle field. (so lots of chips)

But I am very biased towards that stuff, so get more opinions. Seeing all the picture perfect eldar china dolls is not how war is fought, it's dirty, it's in the mud, it's using everything you got to kill the other guy, and maybe survive.
~dan

Nah, those eldar china dolls just run across the top of the mud.  They're too pretty for mud to stick to them.

ok, no, i can't say that with a straight face.  But i have great mental images now.
The ignorant shall fall to the squirrels - Chip 4:2

Unusual SM armies

Angband Code:
S WI(x) !Xok ht->ho !C P88 DL:5000' A++ R+++ Sp+ w: mjolnir or wrestling
S(ToME) W H- D+ !c f- PV+ !s d !P M+
C-- S+ I- So- B- ac !GHB SQ RQ++ V- F: multipage inventory

Offline cdtpullem

« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2008, 09:15:51 PM »
Update? Someone? Anyone!!

Offline Deathklok

• Bad Trader, scam artist, not to be trusted. BANNED
  • Finally, I got BANNED
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2008, 09:24:54 PM »
Ok, UPDATE!

A few finished shots of Alric (Shrike "counts as") and some WIP stuff here.
 Got started on the Tactical squad and the two termies. I also am "fixing up" some painted guys from the client, mostly faces and broken pieces. I also resculpted some hair on a few guys.

Alric:

And here are the shots of the finished green areas on the Tacs and the face shots of the Tacs and Termies.

A repaired Termie

Ugh, keep in mind that the faces are extremely blown up in size. They look kinda screwy here, but great in person.

OK that's them so far. Hope to finish these tomorrow.

Hope you like 'em!
And so, after much wait, BANNED

Offline DJBtod

« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2008, 09:32:49 PM »
I'm gonna agree with the screwy faces :P
The shrike looks great, I have 1 concern though. The tassel like things on the backside don't seem right to me. Look unfinished (call me crazy). I LOVE the highlighting of the armor, looks excellent, even on the basic troops! The effort really shows! Keep up zeh good work,
~dan

Offline cdtpullem

« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2008, 11:05:11 PM »
Shrike looks awesome, and I agree with breirton again, hes got a knack for being right on. The one thing that looks rough on shrike is his leather armor, but I think thats how the light hit it on that one shot. The faces on the tacticals look good, and if they can stand up to scrutiny THAT close then they will be fine. I think I see where nurgles going with the termies and I like what he's dong, I see quite a few bits on the models and the faces look great. I hope the Lysander conversion banner turns out well. You can hardly tell where that one termies arm got ripped off and then reglued w/a stormbolter, i can still see some of the crack but im sure that will get filled in. I had accidentally broken that one. Painting looks great once again.

I know, I know, one of these days there will be an update...

Double-post merged:
8 ) Do not serial post/double post.  If you have added a reply to a discussion and wish to add more to it, but not one else has replied yet, use the (Image removed from quote.) button to update your existing reply.
-Mr.Peanut
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 05:17:50 PM by Mr.Peanut »

Offline Catachan Devil Sniper

• Bad Trader Nuff said - BANNED
  • SEIG ZEON!
    • Auzzie'z HQ (Gundam, 40K, tanks and airplane model builders talk and read about models)
« Reply #39 on: February 9, 2008, 11:20:03 AM »
REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY good!

I like how on the Dreadnought that it has battle damage. The wires and the faces I like the best. How much are you doing for this guy?

Alric looks like he is in the air from the 1t pic you posted. Nice trick of the eye ;)
You can take over ANY goverment with the right amount of TNT!
Vin Diesel made a go cart that ran on the hopes and dreams of orphans, it goes fast

Armies: Zeonic Guard 'Zeon's Devils', 72nd Trench Rats, D-99, Night Lords 'Razors in the Night', Imperial Fists, Emperor's Dragons (SM), Tau

Owner of a 1990 Buick Riviera, 08 Kawaski Ninja 650R Motorcycle
GS for the Xbox 360 now is 10,135 pts