News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Weaver Works: Banners, Avatars And More (Pic Heavy)  (Read 3994 times)

Offline SyNide

• Dracon
  • Back in business
Re: Weaver Works: Banners, Avatars And More (Pic Heavy)
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2007, 05:11:34 PM »
Wow, that was fast   :o

Good job  :)

I would like the borders on the Banner, the way you did it for your other banners are nice. Also, perhaps a slightly darker shade of blue(think navy/regal blue) for the whole thing keep the lightening of the mask and that cool shine effect you did, thats just perfect.  :)

As for the avatar, i think the lines obscure the picture too much. How about removing the lines and using the thin lines like the ones in my current avatar? Also, could you perhaps do that shiny outline effect that you did with the banner to the avatar?

Ok, one last thing, when we get it just right, i'd like you to add a pixel as a frame around the avatar.  :)

Once again sorry if i'm being very particular.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 05:17:55 PM by SyNide Shikaze »

Offline -Makenshi-

• I See Stupid People
  • Ancient
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2007, 05:30:36 PM »
SyNide: (You will probably need to refresh the screen to get the updatetd versions)

Added the borders and used the darker blue as you asked (if you prefer that to the light blue it shouldn't be a problem changing all the light blue bits to the darker kind, as I make sure everything is on different layers so it's easy to change simple things like colours). I used the glow in the avatar, however since that has a light background, rather than dark like the banner, it is not quite the same as the banner (I could switch the background to a more black colour if you want to make it more similar).

I assume when you said 'As for the avatar, i think the lines obscure the picture too much. How about removing the lines and using the thin lines like the ones in my current avatar?' that the first 'avatar' should actually be 'banner', since the banner doesn't have the thin lines (I've given it the thin ones instead this time).

EDIT - Bah, missed the 'current' when I read it, I'll make the lines in the Av 1 pixel lines (they're 2 pixels at the moment). As for the banner, if you prefer the old version I can return it to that, or if you want me to alter it further then just say, must say I personally quite like the similarities at the moment, but it's your banner :P.

~MTWC
« Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 05:36:29 PM by - Makenshi - »
Quote from: IainC
Because spamming the hotkey for a Deathknight's weapon in WoW is precisely the same as learning to use a sword in real life. That's why when Kendo grandmasters fight, they just stand there shouting keystroke combos at each other.

Offline SyNide

• Dracon
  • Back in business
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2007, 05:46:50 PM »
Much better  :)

Yeah, actually i prefer the darker blue, so maybe you could switch them? use the lighter blue for the border and use the darker blue for the ava/banner content.

When using the darker blue maybe you could make the nin in the banner stick out (colourwise) abit more, contrast it just a slight bit more because you've got it almost perfect.   For the banner, i'm wondering, would you be able to keep the current picture(as in the mask, shine and all), keep it as it is, while darkening all other shades of blue(with the exception of lightening the borders)?

Also, for the avatar, can you get thinner and more numerous lines? Also, the darker background to make it match the banner would be good.

EDIT: Yeah, lets keep working from this version. You're on the right track  :D
« Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 05:55:16 PM by SyNide Shikaze »

Offline -Makenshi-

• I See Stupid People
  • Ancient
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2007, 07:03:56 PM »
SyNide: (again, will probably need to refresh the page)

Is this the kind of thing you wanted?

I'm thinking the banner would look better if I switched the background colours and text (so black becomes the dark blue and vice versa) as it'd be more in line with the style of the Av (which has the dark blue background, rather than predominantly black).

~MTWC
« Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 07:05:46 PM by - Makenshi - »
Because spamming the hotkey for a Deathknight's weapon in WoW is precisely the same as learning to use a sword in real life. That's why when Kendo grandmasters fight, they just stand there shouting keystroke combos at each other.

Offline SyNide

• Dracon
  • Back in business
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2007, 11:32:56 PM »
Yeah, that looks good.

The avatar is just right. Thank you  :D

Yeah, maybe switching the colours for the banner would look pretty good. Other than that, everything is just about right.  :)

Offline -Makenshi-

• I See Stupid People
  • Ancient
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2007, 11:49:13 PM »
SyNide: (you know the drill :P)

The lines (despite being small) obscuered the writing a lot, so they're fainter in this than the av, is that ok?

~MTWC

Offline SyNide

• Dracon
  • Back in business
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2007, 12:05:49 AM »
Yeah, that looks good better

Although, would you be able to make the mask slightly brighter? I think it might show the outline better.

Do you have any ideas to add a bit more colour to the banner? Perhaps white writing for the words "In Secrecy is Strength" with a black or blue outline(whichever looks better to you on the outline).

Sorry for the repeated requests. We're definitely getting there  :D

Offline -Makenshi-

• I See Stupid People
  • Ancient
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2007, 12:19:29 AM »
SyNide:

I also put the light blue glow effect on the 'nin' (I think that's what you called it), since it seemed nice and thematic. If you like I can put it on the Avatar too (or I can drop it from the banner :P).

Sorry for the repeated requests.

Not a problem, I've quite enjoyed making this banner :).

~MTWC

Offline SyNide

• Dracon
  • Back in business
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2007, 12:34:59 AM »
Now THAT is awesome!  ;D

Yes, could you do the glowly effect for the avatar as well?

Hmmm, do you think you could make the avatar slightly smaller?? Perhaps make it between 70x70-50x50? It shouldn't be too small as to make the details hard to see and yet not too big and chunkeh.

Just had a funky idea, although, it is completely optional and only if you're up to it, do you think the avatar could be a gif? Making it either glow brighter before decreasing again, or make it glow from black to the same brightness as the one in the banner before fading to black again? I completely understand if you aren't up to it(as it was not in the original request).

You're really good at this, the best i ever did is my current banner XD
« Last Edit: June 17, 2007, 12:37:13 AM by SyNide Shikaze »

Offline -Makenshi-

• I See Stupid People
  • Ancient
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2007, 12:36:36 AM »
A just had a funky idea, although, it is completely optional, if you're up to it, do you think the avatar could a gif? Making it either glow brighter before decreasing again, or make it glow from black to the same brightness as the one in the banner before fading to black again?

Make what glow brighter? The whole thing? The picture? The nin?

As for the avvy, I'll get to work on editing it now.

~MTWC

Offline SyNide

• Dracon
  • Back in business
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2007, 12:41:40 AM »
Making the nin glow is a good idea  :D Perhaps, you could make it go from not being there, to glowing brighter and brighter until it takes prominence away from the picture, then make it fade to nothing?

EDIT: Shoot, just remembered, try not to make the sequence run to fast, i'm afraid that if the nin starts glowing too fast people might get seizures XD
« Last Edit: June 17, 2007, 12:56:50 AM by SyNide Shikaze »

Offline -Makenshi-

• I See Stupid People
  • Ancient
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2007, 01:16:12 AM »
SyNide:

I made the frames for a .GIF version but unfortunately I'm having problems with my .GIF making programme, so I've been unable to animate it (if you have a way to do it yourself I can post each of the frames [there's 21]).

~MTWC

Offline SyNide

• Dracon
  • Back in business
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2007, 01:22:11 AM »
Yeah, that Avatar looks excellent   ;D

As for the gif, i don't have a program of my own(what is a good program btw?) But you can post the frames and i'll save it so that i can do for myself later? Or if i can't could i pass it to you in the future to make it?

Offline -Makenshi-

• I See Stupid People
  • Ancient
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2007, 01:37:29 AM »
No idea, the one I used was simple and free (hence why it was so tedious to use). I tried another but it was annoying the heck out of me.

Anyway, the individual frames are:

If you want a continual loop then simply set it to go from 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-17-18-19-20-21-20-19-18-17-16-15-14-13-12-11-10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2 and then set it on a continous loop. That way (if the speed is kept constant) it will be a constant and smooth change.

~MTWC

Offline SyNide

• Dracon
  • Back in business
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2007, 01:51:47 AM »
Thanks for the frames   ;D
and
Thank You so much for the great work  ;D

You rock!  :D

Offline BladeWind

• Infinity Circuit, Iconic Wizard
  • ~BW~
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2007, 11:31:05 AM »
Will this help?

Offline SyNide

• Dracon
  • Back in business
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2007, 02:11:05 AM »
Wow!

Thanks Bladewind  :D

btw, what program do you use?

Offline AotarĂ­

• Tecktonik!
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2007, 03:46:13 AM »
Is it too late to ask Bladewind to do a Banner and Avatar for me? Please? :P

Offline BladeWind

• Infinity Circuit, Iconic Wizard
  • ~BW~
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2007, 12:15:35 PM »
Is it too late to ask Bladewind to do a Banner and Avatar for me? Please? :P
I don't make them. You should ask Makenshi, he's better than me by alot. All I did was stick a few frames together and that was only becuase I had spare time. ¬¬

I used Photoshop to combine those frames into one.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 12:18:21 PM by BladeWind »

Offline -Makenshi-

• I See Stupid People
  • Ancient
« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2007, 10:36:29 PM »
I used Photoshop to combine those frames into one.

You learn something new everyday it seems. Didn't know Photoshop could do that ¬¬.

Anyway, I'll be heading back to Uni tomorrow (probably in the evening) so I doubt I'll be able to do much unless I am mindnumbingly bored and decide to use the uni computers to get the pictures then go back to my room and pray my damn computer doesn't try to commit suicide if I use it.

Basically, feel free to still make requests, however barring the slim possibility of doing any tomorrow, it'll probably be a bit over a week before I do any more, need to go job hunting ¬¬...

~MTWC
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 10:48:40 PM by - Makenshi - »