News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: LOST season finale discussion SPIOLER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 403 times)

Offline azore24

• Infinity Circuit
  • Lazerous Penguin
So, I was just looking for theories and ideas that anyone has about LOST (up to the season finale played on May 24 2006 in the US.

I really just want to discuss a few things:

1 the four-toed foot on the shore

2 Desmond and more specifically, his westward voyage to and from the island

3 the supermagnet and that keyhole

Any ideas ???
Unsophisticated players might think that the Letter of the rules is more important than the Spirit - but the Letter isn't liable to sneak up behind you with an axe if you abuse it.
"Esprit de Core," 2005

Offline Interrogator_Chaplain

• Just say you won't repent, I dare you.
Holy crap that was a freaking good season finale! I thought fo sho they were gonna kill michael right there and then when they found out!

A couple of ideas have been buzzing around the ABC forums,
1. The Four Toed Foot is the Colossus of Rhodes.
2. Desmond left the island right after they broke into the hatch, then he spent his time sitting in his ship until the ship gravitated back to the island. Must be the magnet.
3. In case you didn't get it the first time, the keyhole was a failsafe that would preform an emergency shut down of the supermagnet. Although I believe that it totally reversed the polarity of the magnet and thats why the hatch door was shot into the air and almost kill someone.

Offline azore24

• Infinity Circuit
  • Lazerous Penguin
So, forgive my ignorance, but does this mean that the next time 108 minutes have passed they will have to crawl down there and get the key because the computer broke or is it that the magnet is off for good.

Also, Des said that he was making 9 knots heading due west.

another point I just remembered is Des' girlfriend who had the guys gall her when the magnet went off, whigh supports that the world has, infact not ended.
Unsophisticated players might think that the Letter of the rules is more important than the Spirit - but the Letter isn't liable to sneak up behind you with an axe if you abuse it.
"Esprit de Core," 2005

Offline Dux Aurelius Elysius

• Lord Inquisitor Tempestus; Captain Buzzkill.
  • Ancient
  • A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time.
    • The Duke's Painting Table (my painting blog)
I would like to remind people that over hear in sunny old England, we're at about episode 6.  Please curb your enthusiasm or put "SPOILER" in big shiny letters at the top of the thread.
I carry with me an Inquisitorial Seal. It is a small, unassuming object contained in a neat box of Pluvian obsidian. It is a modest thing. Relatively plain, adorned with a single motif and a simple motto. Yet with this little object I can sign the death warrant of an entire world and consign a billion souls to Oblivion.

Offline azore24

• Infinity Circuit
  • Lazerous Penguin
If you had read the topic it said "SPIOLER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I had done this to detur anyone who wasn;t up to this point from reading the topic.  Also, don't add meaningless posts.

to avoid such a heinus act, I will pose a query about the rock with a hole in it.  Does anyone know what it is, I have heard that it resembles a Mayan astronomical devise.  Any thoughts?
"Esprit de Core," 2005