News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Knuckles on Necrodermis - Ork Campaign Command Central  (Read 14062 times)

Offline OD from TV

• Ork Warlord | Title of Doom status: pending | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • OD's Project Blog
Re: Knuckles on Necrodermis - Ork Campaign Command Central
« Reply #40 on: October 5, 2010, 12:41:35 PM »
Well Azonalanthious, you gotta do what you think is right.  After all I'm just some lame college student in LA, you shouldn't exactly put so much faith in me to tell you what to do.  That being said, if the Nid player is crazy about winning every match, and going to rule lawyering, loop hole usage, and absurd rule abuse then don't play him for the competition, in fact don't play him at all.  The game (and the competition) is really about having fun more than anything else, and players who obsess over winning in my opinion aren't any fun to play with or against.

And yes (sadly) Round 2's bonus mission is a civil waaagh, which I didn't see coming quite yet.  For me as there are no fellow Orks in my area I'm whipping together a quick IA 8 list to lend to someone or to use against my standard 1500.

Oh and remember you don't have to play bonus missions.  In fact when we were setting the event up in the planning stages I fought really hard for the bonus missions as I think they add an incredible amount of variety and fun into the game as a whole.

Peace
~OD
Truly beautiful work. That's the kind of stuff that makes a true mekanik cry tears of joy.
OD, you once again prove that your are still the freakin Da Vinci of plasticard

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
« Reply #41 on: October 9, 2010, 09:56:09 AM »
I am modifying the bonus game to giving my opponent lettheharvestbegin an ork character and taking one of his. Using a WHFB scenario where the traitor is serving the other army and acts normally and can even confer bonuses (like LD etc.) to his "new" friends.

The goal of course is to kill the traitor and keep your new friend alive.

Of course since there might not be any leway on the modification of modifications of bonus games it may or may not count as a bonus point. (I am willing to offer gifts, gratuaties, campaign contributions, or outright bribes)

Either way a new Batrep in the continuing saga of the ork take over of Necrodermus will be forthcoming.

Also since I was browsing around I accidently found next weeks bonus game, so I am leaking the information here so all you fellow ork generals can start preparing for the next fight.

This also means I will have to find a non necron army to pick on.... Hmmmm that narrows it down to Imperials, marines or guard. Maybe I can get Commisar Fuklaw to finally play against my orks. (insert evil laughing green smiley here)

Secure the Tablet! (Bonus Mission for Round 3)
Archeologists have been unearthing Necron ruins in the area and stumbled upon an ancient Tablet about the [device].  The Orks think they've finally found it after interrogating a Rogue Trader, whose fate is best left unsaid. The Necrons believe they've found it because the trader had set off a beacon, drawing the attention of the Necron Lords.

For this mission place a single objective marker in the center of the board at the beginning of the battle, representing the ancient tablet.  Unlike usual objective games, any unit of infantry can claim it by moving into base contact with it.  Once they do the counter travels with that unit until the unit is killed.  Any unit holding the Tablet cannot be transported by any vehicle, and independent characters may not voluntarily join or leave the unit. The player who controls the objective at the end of the game wins; if neither controls the objective, the game is a draw. This mission cannot be played against Necrons or Orks.
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #42 on: October 9, 2010, 09:47:02 PM »
The latest Batrep between me and lettheharvestbegin for round 2
http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=206252.msg2523415#msg2523415

I have also scheduled a game with Commisar Fuklaw next week, good thing as lettheharvestbegin is starting to get good at fighting the orks.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 07:09:18 PM by SKEETERGOD »
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)

Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline incredibleskulk

• Ork Boy | KoN Veteran
  • I think, therefore I win
« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2010, 01:27:06 AM »
Battle Report for round 2!

http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=206259.0

Video of the battle to be posted in the next couple of days!
The key to victory is the ratio of quantity divided by the ratio of quality multiplied by the points of an army, then times zero, minus how bad you roll dice on average.

Offline OD from TV

• Lazerous Penguin
    • OD's Project Blog
« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2010, 01:24:22 PM »
Sorry for my absence the last few days, real life can be such a...

Anyway, we're in the middle of round 2, I have a game scheduled for Thurs, but so far I've only got info from incredibleskulk and Skeetergod.  Where are my Orks?

Oi!  Youze all hidin like runts?  Why so scared, we all know that there's no such thing as Morgargdurlurkgulsh ardregsnikslag.

Seriously though, we have a couple great missions out right now.  Round 2 will be closing at the end of the week, and I for one would appreciate it if we got a couple more games in before that happens.

And for those of you not interested in the Civil Waaagh/Double cross mission, we have what is in my opinion the most important mission recently opened to us, Mission 3's Secure the Tablet (which anyone who really follows this thread would have already known thanks to Skeetergod's spoiler).  This is the brass ring guys, secure that tablet and we can Waaagh all over the stars in the living metal bodies of the gods.

Peace
~OD
Truly beautiful work. That's the kind of stuff that makes a true mekanik cry tears of joy.

Offline Jack_Merridew

• Kommando Nob
  • Shhh....be warry warry quiet, I'm huntn' umies...
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2010, 03:05:11 PM »
sorry workn' on it.  I've been sick and blah blah...insert generic believe if you wish excuse....blah.

I've tried for two weeks to get my orks into action and the game keeps breaking before we can even meet.  It's damn frustrating.

Offline angel of death 007

• Dreadbash Warboss | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2010, 05:02:31 PM »
I had no other ork opponents to play so I went up against Janner's Tau army.  Orks won but I sure pulled some of the most bone brained stuff I have done in awhile.

http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=206353.msg2524654#msg2524654

I will try to get Round 3 in but am leaving for Vegas on Thur and won't be back til Tue.   hopefully i can get a game in on Wed or Thur.  We will see.

Offline Azonalanthious

• Biker Nob | KoN Veteran
  • When in doubt, use more explosives.
« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2010, 05:23:52 PM »
Anyway, we're in the middle of round 2, I have a game scheduled for Thurs, but so far I've only got info from incredibleskulk and Skeetergod.  Where are my Orks?

Well, as far as I go, I decided that the best way to handle the two game problem was to split the difference and report neither officially - I'm not going to win in noteriaty anyways I'm sure and this way I don't give my side the negative of a loss OR the positive of a win.

My regular monday game night was canceled (the guy who usually hosts had a funeral to go to) so no game from there, but I've a tournie coming up on Saturday and will have something to report from that.

Offline incredibleskulk

• Ork Boy | KoN Veteran
  • I think, therefore I win
« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2010, 08:09:15 PM »
Here is the video of the 2nd round battle!

Tyranids v.s Orks
The key to victory is the ratio of quantity divided by the ratio of quality multiplied by the points of an army, then times zero, minus how bad you roll dice on average.

Offline Hekkastor

• Ork Boy | KoN Veteran
  • It's 40k. Everyone dies.
« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2010, 09:04:34 PM »
I had a 500 points game against a Necron player the other day, and I managed to get a pretty clean win. I don't have any pictures or vids, but the basic summary is that I got first turn, rammed in to CC with his two squads with my DeathKoptas (1 against a 10 man squad, 2 Koptas against a 10 man sqaud plus Warscythed lord), and through good luck and miracle, his Lord didn't murder my Koptas in time. I got my 20 Slugga Boyz, and my 5 Nob + Warboss squads into close enough to use WAAAGH and then tear apart what was left of the Necrons, without the Necrons having the ability to shoot once during the game. Kinda proud of myself, though it probably was mostly luck and a smaller board.

Offline OD from TV

• Lazerous Penguin
    • OD's Project Blog
« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2010, 01:30:37 PM »
Lot to respond to, so if I'm short, its due to size (and time) constraints.

sorry workn' on it.  I've been sick and blah blah...insert generic believe if you wish excuse....blah.

I've tried for two weeks to get my orks into action and the game keeps breaking before we can even meet.  It's damn frustrating.
Well don't worry too much about it Jack, but know that its already a real close game, the Necrons are beating us currently by a single point!  I know how it is for games to get planned and break, and how much it [expletive deleted] but there is nothing that says you can't just walk into your LGS or LGW for a quick pick up game.

I had no other ork opponents to play so I went up against Janner's Tau army.  Orks won but I sure pulled some of the most bone brained stuff I have done in awhile.
I will try to get Round 3 in but am leaving for Vegas on Thur and won't be back til Tue.   hopefully i can get a game in on Wed or Thur.  We will see.
Nothing says you gotta play the bonus missions, although they do help your NP level rise.  Have fun in Vegas, and good luck.  If you get a chance play a round of Black Jack at the cheap 5 dollar tables (I've found that to be the only place in Vegas I actually win).

Well, as far as I go, I decided that the best way to handle the two game problem was to split the difference and report neither officially - I'm not going to win in noteriaty anyways I'm sure and this way I don't give my side the negative of a loss OR the positive of a win.

My regular monday game night was canceled (the guy who usually hosts had a funeral to go to) so no game from there, but I've a tournie coming up on Saturday and will have something to report from that.
Well Azonalanthious I certainly didn't mean to bum you out man.  And as for Notority, sure Skeetergod got a great lead, but it is possible to overtake him through Combat Fiction, Campaign Portraits, and making a Tablet marker (which you'll kinda need for Week 3's bonus mission).  Please don't get discouraged Az.

@ incredibleskulk= WOW another vid batrep, these things are so [expletive deleted] cool.  Makes me want a video camera to record my games.  I think it can really show the moment of the battle where things start to swing from one side to the other.

@Hekkastor = ALLRIGHT!  We have a success in Round 1 this week (take that Necrons) and your game actually wins us an extra CP and steals one of the Necrons CP!  We're on the road to ruining those silver boyz!

phew...
So my opponent tomorrow canceled and the only bud I know that can fill in for a game happens to be my worst Skumgrod, and while he does have a Necron army, I already get the feeling that he's not bringing them to the table and I'll have to face some Plague Marines instead.

Peace and lets keep gaming guys!
~OD

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2010, 01:51:55 PM »
I have posted my fiction piece
http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=205299.msg2525040#msg2525040

It will be finished when the campaing is finished as it is a running story of the adventures of AWTY Dakkatoof on the planet of Morgargdurlurkgulsh Ardregsnikslag... ;D

Offline Azonalanthious

• Biker Nob | KoN Veteran
  • When in doubt, use more explosives.
« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2010, 02:41:15 PM »
Well Azonalanthious I certainly didn't mean to bum you out man.  And as for Notority, sure Skeetergod got a great lead, but it is possible to overtake him through Combat Fiction, Campaign Portraits, and making a Tablet marker (which you'll kinda need for Week 3's bonus mission).  Please don't get discouraged Az.

No, no, not at all.  I never expected to win notoriety wise because I have no intention of doing a picture, fiction, or making a tablet.  So like I said, really not worried about the loss of notoriety by not reporting and that struck me as the fairest way to handle the situation.  :D  And really don't need the prize of a piece of terrain anyways - one of our local guys has been playing literally since 40k was released and has built up more terrain then god over the years.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 02:43:02 PM by Azonalanthious »

Offline OD from TV

• Lazerous Penguin
    • OD's Project Blog
« Reply #53 on: October 15, 2010, 12:08:58 PM »
Well if that's your opinion Az I won't dissuade you.

So guys any other games to report or anything that I missed.  Check here.

Peace
~OD

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #54 on: October 16, 2010, 11:51:38 AM »
Round 3 batrep and bonus mission here
http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=206479.msg2526261#msg2526261

The orks now have the tablet, and will soon have the generator, then we will have living metal stompas (insert evil green laughing smiley here)

Offline angel of death 007

• Dreadbash Warboss | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #55 on: October 21, 2010, 11:12:12 PM »
Sector 3...  orks vs marines...  bonus mission secure the tablet battle report

http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=206665.0

orks win.   I remembered my camera, finished magnatizing my other deff dread and all 6 kans so now they all have arms, finished converting my ard boyz.

Getting more and more together as I go even considering I was in Vegas for almost a week :P

Offline OD from TV

• Lazerous Penguin
    • OD's Project Blog
« Reply #56 on: October 22, 2010, 03:17:49 PM »
Faction Leader here, we’ze got da lead and we needz ta keep it!  So far in Round 3 we have 3 games, each a battle for the Ancient Tablet that holds the secrets of the Necrodermis Generator!  This is a crucial moment and we need all da boyz we can get to hold onto it!

Also since at the moment there are only 3 Tablet markers (Skeetergod's, Moc's and my own) if you get a chance plop one up!  It doesn’t have to be as fancy as Skeetergod's or Moc's (both of which I think are amazing by the way), all that’s really necessary is a medium sized base and some creativity.  And not only at the end of that Tablet marker process do you have something to play this week’s Bonus Mission, but something that you could use in all future objective missions!

Tablet makers also earn us CP, as well as earn you NP.

Peace
~OD.

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #57 on: October 23, 2010, 08:30:07 PM »
Sector 3 battle report
http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=206722.msg2528998#msg2528998

The orks now have the generator (insert evil green taking over the world smiley)

Now it is just a matter of time until the living stompa gets built BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA...s nort

Offline OD from TV

• Lazerous Penguin
    • OD's Project Blog
« Reply #58 on: October 25, 2010, 06:28:58 PM »
The campaign has now concluded. It'll be a couple days before I sort all of this out. Make certain you have your final round reported to your captain and finish up all extra activities [like fiction pieces] by Monday night, so it's ready for me Tuesday morning!

Thanks to all who participated and made this event a blast to run! I'll be filling the goody bag soon.

OK Guys, Gutstikk as called an early close to the campaign (can't say I blame him after all he's done 98.9 % of all the work setting this up and running it for the past 2 months), so let me know all your closing stuff ASAP.

Peace
~OD

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #59 on: October 25, 2010, 08:40:16 PM »
Well I can't finish my fiction piece as I still have one more battle. The living stompa has to get off of the planet to wage waagh on the universe.

I have a battle scheduled to play the stompa vs victims, erm, ugh, I mean the necrons later this week. Ending the campaign a little early has caught me by surprise. I promise I will finish the work after the game and the final batrep, even though the batrep won't count.

Can you give me an extension on the fiction until this Saturday? If not I will create an epic ending that will only be shadowed by great literary works like Catcher in the Rye, and Slaughterhouse 5.  ;)