News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 'Ard boyz lists  (Read 3344 times)

Offline the_humble_terminator

• Tankbusta Boy
  • Judgement Day is inevitable...See you soon!
'Ard boyz lists
« on: July 1, 2011, 01:57:57 PM »
Just wanting to get a synopsis on my possible 'Ard boyz list.
I also wanted to get a few others to post theirs here for comparisons of strategies, and to aid each other in their endeavors to fight in the said tournament.

Mine:
HQ
*105-Warboss-Power Klaw, Twin Linked Shoota, 'Eavy armour, Cybork (*no squigg)

*105-Warboss-Power Klaw, Twin Linked Shoota, 'Eavy armour, Cybork (*zog)

Troops
*515-Nobz-Cybork, 'Eavy Armour
Painboy
Nob-*Power Klaw, Shoota-Rokkit
Nob-Big Choppa, Shoota-Rokkit
Nob-Big Choppa, Shoota-Skorcha
Nob-Big Choppa, Twin Linked Shoota
Nob-*Power Klaw, Bosspole
Nob-*Power Klaw, Waaagh! Banner
Nob-Shoota-Rokkit
Nob-Shoota-Skorcha
Nob-Twin Linked Shoota
Trukk-*Boarding Plank

*515-Nobz-Cybork, 'Eavy Armour
Painboy
Nob-*Power Klaw, Shoota-Rokkit
Nob-*Power Klaw, Bosspole
Nob-*Power Klaw, Waaagh! Banner
Nob-Shoota-Rokkit
Nob-Shoota-Skorcha
Nob-Twin Linked Shoota
Trukk-*Boarding Plank

*152-Boyz (*12 total)
Big Shoota
Nob- Power Klaw, Bosspole, 'Eavy Armour
Trukk-*Boarding Plank

*152-Boyz (*12 total)
Big Shoota
Trukk-*Boarding Plank

*175-Boyz (20 total)
2x *Rokkit Launcha
Nob-Power Klaw, 'Eavy Armour, Bosspole

Fast Attack

*225-5x Deffcoptas-Twin Linked Rokkit Launcha

*70-1x Deffcopta-Twin Linked Rokkit Launcha, Buzzsaw

*225-5x Deffcoptas-Twin Linked Rokkit Launcha

Heavy Support

*120-Deff Dread-2x DCCW**, Armour Plates, Grot rigger

*120-Deff Dread-2x DCCW**, Armour Plates, Grot rigger

*125-Battlewagon-*1x Big Shoota, Deffrolla, *Boarding Plank (no Kannon, Grot Riggers)

(Battlewagon is transport for the mob of 20)
(Warbosses go with Troop Nob Squads)

*Changes made
**2nd Changes Made
« Last Edit: July 3, 2011, 01:49:47 PM by the_humble_terminator »
IfThe Terminator Series' Skynet would realize something.....

If they send Terminators back in time every time they are about to lose....but instead...they send them to the point at which judgement day occurred...and each time after, send to about 3 months after the time they last received a terminator...The resistance would lose a lot quicker. As the technology would actually be improving too fast for the resistance to react.....The Terminator series would end...and Skynet would have won.

Offline WisdomLS

• Ork Yoof
  • BLOOD FOR THE ..... emperor?
  • Armies: SM (BA, BT, DA), Orks, Daemons, CSM, GK, IG
Re: 'Ard boyz lists
« Reply #1 on: July 1, 2011, 03:48:09 PM »
How crucial is old zogwort to your overall stratergy? because I feel a list with this many vehicles could really do with a KFF mek and you don't have a spare HQ slot for one.

On to the other stuff.

For the warboss you might consider mega armour. Better save, similar points but you do move slower. The thing to remember is that being an independent character he gets move through cover so rolls 3D6 for moving - not so bad, depends how much you value the extra protection.

I'd like to see at least one power Klaw in the nobs units, especially the one without the warboss.

The truck boyz would benifit for filling up their numbers to maxium that can fit in the trukks, I like to always take as many as can fit as boyz are the best thing in the codex.

To get the extra points needed for the above I think the deffkoptas could do with a bit of rejigging. Units of 3 with buzzsaws are expensive. Green barons are great on their own but in bigger units become much more of a fire magnet as killing one generally sends the rest of the unit running off due to rubbish leadership meaning 3 aren't much more survivable 1.
If you took two single green barons and a unit of 3-4 with just rokkits you'd save some points and have better units IMO.

I don't know what the missions are for this years 'ard Boyz so please take with a pinch of salt as the above is just my general thoughts for a standard ork list.
« Last Edit: July 1, 2011, 03:49:38 PM by WisdomLS »

Offline adamscurr

• Mega Armored Biker Boss
  • Armies: Evil Sunz, Crimson Fists
« Reply #2 on: July 1, 2011, 09:06:46 PM »
I agree about the power klaw in the nobz squad...  I would actually recommend three power klaws for a unit that size...  it will let you take on anything, and at ard boyz, you are going to see some wild lists...  I would drop 4 buzz saws from the kopters and use the points to add power klaws ot the nobz...  In fact, I would dropp 4 kopters and run them as two green barons...  With the extra points, bring your trukks to a full 12 boyz and add rams and boarding planks...

I agree about the KFF mek, he will do better then zog...  THe only purpose I see with him is to squig an ic...  which is fun, but not probably worth it in ard boyz...

I don't know how the kanz fit in your list...  Seems everything else is fast and they are slow...  I'd drop them and use the points for another battle wagon and some boyz...  Else, you could add some rokkit buggies and another unit of trukk boyz...  I think you need some AT...  6 kannons might not be a bad idea either...

You said you were interested in other list...  I'm planning on taking this list to a 2500 point tourney on the 16th...  it is 2500 points...

http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=215161.0

Adam
« Last Edit: July 1, 2011, 09:08:27 PM by adamscurr »

Cause We's Da Orks, and You's Not!!!

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
« Reply #3 on: July 2, 2011, 09:09:55 AM »
The list is looking pretty fair right now. It looks to me like you are built to beat the IG, however at the tourneys there will be more than just IG armies to face. You must be prepared to face lots of the new marine choices but the dark eldar are also rising in popularity. The changes everyone has mentioned so far are definite must do's.

Drop Zog for a KFF big mek, it will keep your vehicles alive much longer. With all the psyco powers that most of the new armies have, a lot of them will negate Zog, and he will either not get any attacks off, or he will boost the combat ability of your opponents. Wolves have a 5+ anti psy power save with the wolf tail, so anything you may try might get negated, regular marines and blood angels have the hoods, nids have the power to make you take the psy test on 3 dice taking the highest, grey knights have just about every model can either negate your power or it lets them power up their swords for free, assassins get extra attacks when near a psycer, black templars get a free move when there is an enemy psycer nearby, and even the dark eldar can use your power against you. In a tourney setting Zog is a waste of points, go with the KFF, a few less points and better support for your units especially when you go up against dark lance/lascannon spam.

The death copters are not combat troops, giving them the saw makes them hit last, and they will die quickly, I suggest one as a green baron, the others combine into a squad of 5 and drop the saws from that squad. Make sure to use that big squad as a shooty squad only, get them into combat and they will give your opponent a kill point. The reason to have 5 is the first time they get shot at loosing only 1 will not cause you to take a LD test, and they have to kill 3 to get you where you can't rally, they will flee as they do not have a boss pole, so keep them at range. The green baron does what the green baron does, a great unit, so keep that unit as a unit of 1.

Truck boys need to be a full 12, when (not if) the truck gets destroyed with the boys still in it you are going to lose 2 or 3 on the kaboom, so when you get out you will still be at LD 9 or 10 for the pinning check. Not to mention that on the attack having the two extra wounds will keep your nob in combat that much longer. Also at tourney you are going to run into a LOT of dreadnoughts, I highly recommend you take planks for those trucks.

Now your battle wagon is going to be moving around to get the boys into combat and to get close enough to death roller a land raider, the kannon will never fire all game, so drop the kannon.

As for the nob squads, you do indeed need a PK or two in each squad. Get stuck in one combat with a nid or daemon MC, soul grinder, dread knight, dreadnought, pain engine, (insert other tough things here) etc. etc. etc. and your nobs will quickly evaporate, as if you don't kill it on the charge your nobs will die a long slow death. With a PK, if you don't kill the thing on the charge, you at least have a chance to kill it on the second round, without it, your nobs will be tied up for the rest of the game, or will get eaten.

To sum up, your list is close to being competitive, just a few tweaks and you will have the edge you need to take on and beat all comers.
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline zero88

« Reply #4 on: July 2, 2011, 03:52:09 PM »
----
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 04:32:47 PM by zero88 »

• Tankbusta Boy
« Reply #5 on: July 2, 2011, 05:06:12 PM »
Updated By Request

Deff Dreads?

If they send Terminators back in time every time they are about to lose....but instead...they send them to the point at which judgement day occurred...and each time after, send to about 3 months after the time they last received a terminator...The resistance would lose a lot quicker. As the technology would actually be improving too fast for the resistance to react.....The Terminator series would end...and Skynet would have won.

Offline adamscurr

« Reply #6 on: July 2, 2011, 06:53:28 PM »
Ok...  I like the second list...  I think making both nobz squads troops will really help...  As long as you can get your trukks hidden forthe first round, youshould be golden, running amock amongst their lines...

I do have an idea though...  You are running dreads with KMB's...  I was thinking that this would be good atfirst, for terminators and such, but I think you would actually be betteroff with 4 DCCW.  It scares the hell out of opponents and might take some heat off your nobz...  Round 1, yourun both dreads right at the enemy,hopefully roilling well...  You hide the trukks...  So they have the option, target the two 6 str 10 attack dreads, or fire on the scarey nobz' trukk in cover...  It will make them choose...  Round two, the nobz hit or hopefully the dreads do...

I like your kopter configs now...  They opponent is also going to have a hard time dealing with you kopters as well... I would scout them turn 1 so they threaten side armor... You opponent either has to shoot them down, or face 10 TL rokkits tothe side or even rear armor...  This is not a good thing for them!

Adam

• Tankbusta Boy
« Reply #7 on: July 3, 2011, 01:54:12 PM »
2nd Update by request

Anythnig else you can think of?

I dont have the ability to purchase a KFF Mek, I am going to be digging deep in the money hole for this list anyway. MORE ORKS IZ BETTA'! However, the Warboss is a possibility.

C&C APPRECIATED!

Offline adamscurr

« Reply #8 on: July 3, 2011, 03:14:14 PM »
I think your list is solid...  Remeber the old ork tactic, push hard with a lot of threat and they will have to choose...  Your list has three threats...  The nobz (biggest threat), the kopters, and the dreads...

Just keep up the preasure and your opponent is going to start to panic...

Adam

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #9 on: July 3, 2011, 08:05:02 PM »

I dont have the ability to purchase a KFF Mek, ...

So don't buy one, make one. I am sure you have a few spare bits laying around, and maybe a spare ork or two. Here is mine, definitly NOT the store bought version.

You can see I used the mek from the loota/burna kit, sawed off the KMB end and made it a burna. The KFF is some left over stuff from the Battle for Macraige set, but you can use anything that counts as a KFF. Thats the kool thing about orks, convert, convert, convert, and you really can't do it wrong.

So convert one, you have time before Ard Boys to get it done.
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)

Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

• Tankbusta Boy
« Reply #10 on: July 4, 2011, 09:46:26 PM »
Rather than edit again, I will just repost.

---->

HQ
120-Big Mek, Burna, Kustom Force Field, 'Eavy armour, Cybork

105-Warboss-Power Klaw, Twin Linked Shoota, 'Eavy armour, Cybork

Troops

505-Nobz-Cybork, 'Eavy Armour
Painboy (no 'eavy armour.....grrrr)
Nob-Power Klaw, Shoota-Rokkit
Nob-Power Klaw, Bosspole
Nob-Power Klaw, Waaagh! Banner
Nob-Shoota-Rokkit
Nob-Shoota-Skorcha
Nob-(no TL Shoota)*
Trukk-Boarding Plank

162-Slugga Boyz (12 total)
Big Shoota
Trukk-*Rokkit launcha, Boarding Plank

162-Slugga Boyz (12 total)
Big Shoota
Trukk-*Rokkit launcha, Boarding Plank

240-Slugga Boyz (30 total)
3x Big shoota

240-Slugga Boyz (30 total)
3x Big shoota

Fast Attack

225-5x Deffcoptas-Twin Linked Rokkit Launcha

*70-1x Deffcopta-Twin Linked Rokkit Launcha, Buzzsaw

225-5x Deffcoptas-Twin Linked Rokkit Launcha

Heavy Support

165-3x Killa Kans-3x Kustom Mega Blasta

165-3x Killa Kans-3x Kustom Mega Blasta

115-Boomwagon-Boomgun, 'Ard Case

(Warboss go with Nob Squad)

Basically, as a Kan wall/Speed Freaks Hybrid, the trukk'd units try to get stuck in as quick as possible. Meanwhile, the KFF Mek, walking behind the Boomwagon, gives cover to the Kans and the 30 strong mobs, and the Boomwagon, of course. ;) I think this would supply a good medium for the Hybrid. C&C?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 11:40:56 PM by the_humble_terminator »

Offline adamscurr

« Reply #11 on: July 4, 2011, 10:58:41 PM »
You seem to have 4 HS choices...  Your kanz could stand to loose the riggers...  You can't use them in a vehical squadron...  Other than that...  it looks good...

Adam

• Tankbusta Boy
« Reply #12 on: July 4, 2011, 11:28:53 PM »
Sorry, forgot to delete the part about the BW, edited the above.

nothing else?

Offline adamscurr

« Reply #13 on: July 5, 2011, 08:08:45 AM »
I like the list... I think it has enough green bodies to take a good bit of damage...  I like the KMB's on the kanz...  They should be an unwelcome surprise to those GK termies!

I assume to mean to keep the Mek with the walking horde?  You kind of have a kan wall/mechanised list...  I think it will do well...  I used to run a list very close to this, and people always got confused what to shoot at...  Do they target the nobz bearing down on them, or the 60 boyzand kanz coming up behind them! lol

Adam

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #14 on: July 5, 2011, 09:39:19 AM »
Looks like a very good hybrid list, you have the multiple threat thing down to a science. The list is very well rounded out.

Now, go play a game or two to see if it fits your style. I know I think killa kans are a good unit, but they don't fit my play style and on the few times that I proxied them, I used the incorrectly or under used them and they did not perform well at all for me, so that is why I don't use them.

After playing a game or three with the list you may find that certain units fit your style and you may want to change units that don't fit with units that do. Oh, and don't forget to post a batrep or two so we can see how your list performed.

Offline angel of death 007

• Dreadbash Warboss | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #15 on: July 6, 2011, 03:05:05 AM »
I know I think killa kans are a good unit, but they don't fit my play style and on the few times that I proxied them, I used the incorrectly or under used them and they did not perform well at all for me, so that is why I don't use them.

Oh you will soon regret talking smack about killa kans when you face the kan wall....

I like the list.   I have mixed opinions on the deff kopta squads personally plus I am not really sure about the kustom mega blasters on the kans.  I guess if you are going to be playing a lot of grey knights than maybe.   

Overall the list is balanced and dead killy.  Plus it has a lot of troop choices which will be good for objective missions as some of them could potentially have up to 5 objectives. 

The deff koptas are really the only thing that stands out a bit to me.   But they could be pretty effective with all those twin linked rokkits firing.   

• Tankbusta Boy
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2011, 11:41:24 PM »
slight moifications made.....what do you think about this.....?

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2011, 08:48:06 AM »
It is looking like a ded ard krumpy list. You should be able to be in their face top of 2 at the latest. Almost makes me want to play the same list.

One final tweek suggestion, if you have any spare points anywhere, get rams on those trucks. It will allow you to go through terrain instead of around it, and allow you to tank shock with the truck once it has delivered its cargo.

Now, go play a practice game or three and let us know how it plays for you. Oh, and maybe some pictures too.

• Tankbusta Boy
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2011, 10:05:37 AM »
It is looking like a ded ard krumpy list. You should be able to be in their face top of 2 at the latest. Almost makes me want to play the same list.

One final tweek suggestion, if you have any spare points anywhere, get rams on those trucks. It will allow you to go through terrain instead of around it, and allow you to tank shock with the truck once it has delivered its cargo.

Now, go play a practice game or three and let us know how it plays for you. Oh, and maybe some pictures too.

Well, the rams would be a good idea. I just know I have a habit of forgetting certain types of equipment modifications if I haven't usually used that type of layout/vehicle.

For instance, one time when I played Chaos, I had been frequently bringing the Autocannon/lascannon setup. However, this time (happened at a tourney) I decided to use all lascannons, but i ended up forgetting, and acting, and rolling like I hadn't bought the upgrade. I noticed halfway through.....but we decided to play it out with the autocannon since the lascannon costs more, and because it would alter gameplay.

So that's my take on that. It's not really like a gun, or anything so I wouldnt be using it every turn, necessarily....but nevertheless, I will be at a practice tourney this saturday, i will give you the play by playy then.

Offline angel of death 007

• Dreadbash Warboss | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2011, 01:03:20 AM »
the_humble _terminator...  I think the other list was a bit better organized to be honest and would hit a bit harder.

Also double posting is a violation of the rules...     
*red flag*  to the penalty box with you....