News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 'Ard Boyz 2500 pt List, Ork Newb, Please Critique  (Read 1821 times)

Offline Lost~Ripper

'Ard Boyz 2500 pt List, Ork Newb, Please Critique
« on: October 3, 2008, 02:54:59 AM »
Hi,
I decided that I wanted to run orks this time around for 'Ard Boyz. Since I pretty much know that I wont make it to the finals I figured that I would have fun and try out Something New,
I have only played Orks in a previous tourney for 3 rounds a month ago, So after the Army list I will try and list why I got something ect.

HQ- Boss, 135
       Bike, PK, Cybork

HQ- Big Mek 115
       KFF, Cybork, BP, PK,

Elite- Kommandos 170
       x10, 2 Burnas, Nob (PK, BP)

Elite- 15 Lootas 225

Troops
Biker Nobs,  510
        x7+PainBoy
        Waagh Banner, Cyborks, Pain Boy w Grot,
        2 PK, 2 Big Choppa, BP, 4 Kombi Skorchas,

Boyz     162
        x12 w Nob (PK & BP)
        Trukk, Red Paint Job, Ram, Boarding Plank

Boyz     162
        x12 w Nob (PK & BP)
        Trukk, Red Paint Job, Ram, Boarding Plank

Boyz    165
        x20 w Nob (PK & BP)

Boyz    165
        x20 w Nob (PK & BP)

Fast- Stormboyz 277
        x16 + Zagstruk

Heavy- BattleWagon 140
        Red, Grot Riggers, Deffrolla, 2x Big Shoota, Extra armour

Heavy- BattleWagon 140

Heavy- BattleWagon 140

Total 2496

Layout and Tactics,

Boss,
   He is going with the Nobz bikers to keep him quite a bit safer, and to further pummel any target that he is needed to bash,
options were limited to keep points down,

Big Mek,
   He is going with the Lootas in the first Battle Wagon, 
   This battle wagon will stay centrally located to give his KFF the maximum amount of coverage so that I can (Hopefully) weather first turn with relative impunity,

Lootas
  They will be used to saturate any medium grade armour that presents itself, since I can rather count on them to glance anything armour 13 or less,  or they can be used to thin out any horde that presents itself,

Kommandos,
  They will be used for infiltration and targeting any isolated units, Counting on the 2 burnas to be used either as lamers or PW depending on whats needed more,

Biker Nobz,
These are my Heavy Hitters,  I gave them the 4 Kombi Skorchas to thin out any horde squad that they may be forced to tangle with, The big choppas are included since I have played against I3 walkers and also spreading out the squad to hit a wall of  armour, since the str 7 on the assault  makes short work of them ,
Boyz, in Trukk
   They will be used to Charge down any large group and pound the snot out of it
Probably tank Shocking first, then assaulting, With the hope of 2nd turn assaults and a possible str 8 ram attacks on any transports or skimmers,

Boyz, in B Wagon,
They will be used to concentrate on any large squads and to Tank Shock them, then assault

StormBoyz,
These will be used with Zagstruks 1st turn assault ability to help clear out any objectives that may need a bit of cleaning out,
I figured that they could absorb the possible d3 deepstrike casualties

Battlewagon,
These will be used to get the boyz in on a budget, The Big shootas will be used primarily to (Hopefully) absorb otherwise immobilized results, Using Deffrollas to mangle any targets in its way,  and still be a threat if shaken,

Overall tactics,

I plan on using the battlewagons sandwiching the trucks like bigmac layed on its side,
B T B T B  the middle BW being the Loota/ KFF Mek, Allowing the maximum field of fire and granting 100% 4+ cover to every tank present,
The Bikers will be placed behind of the trukks and BWagons to give maximum assault possibilities for turn 2,

Since the whole list is very mobile, and 5 mobile scoring units, this should allow for any shifts needed to take any objectives,

As I said I have only played Orks 3 times in total, all in the same day,
I need help,
Thanks,

Offline Changeyname

• Mek| I gotz da loudz WAAAAAAAAAAGH! | Battlefield Orkespondent | Best Modeller | This years Dizz (I lose by choice!)
  • Ancient
  • Wolverine or double Batman.... you decide
Re: 'Ard Boyz 2500 pt List, Ork Newb, Please Critique
« Reply #1 on: October 3, 2008, 03:17:12 AM »
couple of quick things, (im in a rush)

i'd loose the boarding planks on the boarding planks on the trukks, you wont really ever get a chance to use them properly anyway

also, take the loota's out of a battlewagon, if it moves, they can't shoot and their one of the heaviest shooting support squads we have

i'd loose one of the shoota boyz and have the KFF mek in with one of those squads
The Blackest Night falls from the skies,
The darkness grows as all light dies,
We crave your hearts and your demise,
By my black hand--The dead shall rise!

Offline Lost~Ripper

« Reply #2 on: October 3, 2008, 06:04:56 AM »
So Should I replace the B-wagon that was meant for the KFF Mek + Lootas with a 12 strong trukk, with PK BP Nob, Remove boarding planks, and kick a boy out of a wagon to insert the Mek?

Well that would keep the points on track,

So I would just poot the lootas in a building or terrain then to give them the cover they need?

Thanks for the Help ,

Offline Boboose

• Days are only as long as the people who live them
« Reply #3 on: October 3, 2008, 06:04:21 PM »
A few quick things Ripper

-keep in mind your opponent will also have 2500 points of firepower too.  You need more things so absorb some losses.  A couple of well rolled las cannon hits and you are in serious trouble.

- your boyz are going to do much, much better in groups of 30 then 20, try and move some points around to bump those squads up.  You can put even smaller, nobless squads in the BWs for cheap if you want to objective grab.

-The lootas especially will draw lots of fire.  The thought of putting the mek with them is a good idea- but you could put a dirt cheap unit of grots in front of them instead and get a 4+ cover save- instead of a wasted HQ choice that has to sit on the backlines.  More to the point, the lootas don't really fit into the army you are going for- mobile and powerful.

-Zags isn't worth it.  I know its tempting to deepstrike turn 1 and assault but he only gets to attack with his feet-pc once and then you are locked into combat and it could be for a while.  that is 10% of your army there on a one trick wonder.

- In my experience, any mek with a PC is going to get whacked well before he has a chance to use it. Your opponent is going to go to great lengths to target and destroy him.  you could save 5 pints and give him a burna instead- a power weapon at I4 on the charge, and a great anti-horde weapon in the shooting phase.

-The big trick at large point army lists is to still be brutal about what works and what is just too expensive.  don't blow 100 points on something shiny when theres a 60 point unit that does it just as well
All sweeping generalizations are wrong

Offline Lost~Ripper

« Reply #4 on: October 4, 2008, 08:46:37 AM »
Well since I dont have any grotz to form a cover wall I guess I will leave out the Lootaz
Ditch Zag and Replace with PK BP Nob,
Stick the burna equipped BigMek with a squad of 20 in bwagon,
and insert maybe 8 missle deff koptas?

Offline Lost~Ripper

« Reply #5 on: October 6, 2008, 02:19:28 PM »
Can anyone else give me a hand,
I am trying to go mech ork since the last time i played a hordy list we made it partially into rd 3 and i dont want to risk that again
andsince I have 3 of the Old Armorcast B-wagons that I picked up off a friend of mine for a bunch of eldar, I want to use at least 2 of them,
And as I have heard from a few people,
Even though I am using Rhinos as trukks, The Bwagons are getting massivly shielded by them since they are soooo small,
This is a example shot
http://bp3.blogger.com/_kX3htCfXgVU/SDEBWRtz1nI/AAAAAAAAAeM/XeO5wG6wlqo/s320/Battlewagon.jpg

So please help,
I am separating the mek and placing him in a Boyz squad,
Should I Ditch the third B-wagon and go with Another Boyz in trukk squad,

And Should I keep the Lootas, or go with a bunch of deffkoptas  and use the points I saved from the lone boy reduction, and the zagstruk downgrade to tack a few more storm boyz on.

i am a bit stuck here as to what is better options,
And
Can Anyone show me how people do Painboyz in Nob Bike squads?

- Boss, 135
       Bike, PK, Cybork

HQ- Big Mek 115
       KFF, Cybork, BP, Burna,

Elite- Kommandos 170
       x10, 2 Burnas, Nob (PK, BP)

Elite- 15 Lootas 225 - Possibly Replacing with 2 x 2 Deffkoptas w missiles and padding out        the rest of the stormboyz to a squad of 20, 

Troops
Biker Nobs,  510
        x7+PainBoy
        Waagh Banner, Cyborks, Pain Boy w Grot,
        2 PK, 2 Big Choppa, BP, 4 Kombi Skorchas,

Boyz     162
        x12 w Nob (PK & BP)
        Trukk, Red Paint Job, Ram,

Boyz     162
        x12 w Nob (PK & BP)
        Trukk, Red Paint Job, Ram,

Boyz    165
        x19 w Nob (PK & BP) Big Mek goes here

Boyz    165
        x20 w Nob (PK & BP)

Fast- Stormboyz 277
        x16 + PK BP Nob

Heavy- BattleWagon 140

Heavy- BattleWagon 140

Heavy- BattleWagon 140
        Red, Grot Riggers, Deffrolla, 2x Big Shoota, Extra armour   Possible ditch to get 1 more trukk squad, or Ditch truck, Boost squad from 12 to 20 and put in b-wagon

Total 2496
« Last Edit: October 6, 2008, 02:20:53 PM by Lost~Ripper »

Offline Boboose

• Days are only as long as the people who live them
« Reply #6 on: October 6, 2008, 02:44:16 PM »
Ditch the Lootas-  You have a fully mobile squad except for them and after you march across the board with everything else they will be sitting ducks.  And I'd split your stormboyz into 2 units, with the new LOS rules I fin it hard to hide a group that large in the cover I've got.  good luck
All sweeping generalizations are wrong