News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: A battle report from a nid against orc  (Read 478 times)

Offline loakii

A battle report from a nid against orc
« on: March 6, 2008, 04:40:22 PM »
So this last week my local gaming store we had a touney of 1750 points, well here is what was written by the nid player about the all out horde ork army.....long report

"And now for the third battle.....God I hated this fight. I mean I really really hated it. Espcially now that I look back on it. Argh...hatered....
Anyway, the last mission was a attack/defend misson. The entire point of the battle was to protect a model for the game. Are kill it, depending on who you where. Plus 250 VP's if you protect/kill.
So my oppent was another Ork player. I'm like "great! Orks! Again! d**n...." I had no idea what kind of Ork he was playing until I saw him bring his army in in dollar store tubs. Like the kind your mom buys to put stuff in that never needs to see the light of day again....Yeah.....t hat's what he brought his army in.

His army consisted of 3 kans with big shootas and the rest was boyz. Yes....you herd it right. In a 1,750 point game he spent 1,500 points or so on nothing but Boyz. This sucked ass!
So we rolled for it and he gets to defend while I attack him.
I inflitrate my BL( for the first time that night) and I get within 12 inches of him. Moved everything up, took some shots with the Carni and killed 12 boyz within 5 mins of the game starting. I even WP with one of my Zoanthrops killing 3 boyz.

Tyrant moves up and get ready to murder all. His turn, he moves some guys around and pops a few dozen shots that do nothiong. My turn, I get into assult with him. My BL and Tyrant led the charge, followed by my Hormaguant. I charge two flanks at once in hopes of splitting up his forces so that I can get in there and crash small pockets of fighter, not the entire squad cause he was running them like a green wall.

Well BL getrs in there and kills 6 orks and my stealers get in there and kill a whoping 18. Tyrant murders his 6 orks and I forget about his bioplasma for the entire game( doh!) Well then we do my Hormaguants attacks and they take down a mighty 20 boyz! Yes, I know he was surprised too.

Oh, and I also had my carni fire into the mob/killer can squad. I was aiming for the squad with the venom cannon and placed the barbed Strangler shot in such a was to to nick both the squad and two cans...ahhh...gotta love a close mob of orks....aim....shot ....wonder insues. Ended out killing 8 more Orks blowing one can, killing another 4 Orks, and immoblizing another. Kick assness from the carni! Alllll right!

*ackem* Anyway his turn came up and it was looking kind bad for him my Tyrant was kicking ass and taken names, the gaunts/hormagunats/BL and stealers where carving thier way threw and I still had 25 gauints,10 warriorsand 2 Zoanthropes to get in on the fun. So, the first thing he does is call his Waaagh!, this usally would scare me considering that bad things happen when a player does this but I couldn't see the maret in him doing this...so my and my army where sitting there all thinking "wtf man?" Then I find out.....his Warboss is no regular Warboss, oh no!

See 'cause that would be cool and kinda make of for his complete lack of comp. Nope! It turns out that his Warboss is Gazkool, gazrule, whoever! All I know is he gets a 2+inv. and the turn he bellows his Waagh for the entire d**n turn.....and I'm sitting there thinking " mother @#!& !!!!" yeah...he charges my Tyrant and lands a wound on him while I hit back with all 5 of my attacks on to have them all saved. yeah...then the Orks fight back in my other combat, Oh!,d**n, soory guys in his return attacks from my charging him he killde 10 Hormagaunts and 10 gaunts, with another dead stealer. Sorry for forgetting, get ahead of myself sometimes

So the rest of the turn becomes his assult phase, I manage to kill another 10 Orks with my Hormagaunts (God these suckers where doin good! Would have made the Hive Mind shed a tear... ) and my Stealers BL kill another 15 combined. And my gaunts bring down another 5.So all in all I was seriously whittling down his numbers, but then he strikes back and things begain to suck....badly!

He kills the last 10 Hormagaunts, kills 11 gaunts, and kills 3 stealers and put 2 wounds on my BL!!!! Yeah....ouch
Hive Tyrant and Gaz-whtever exchange hits and I take another wound. The rest of the squad that I was fighting against do a heap of nothin.

So yeah, my turn. I charge my other squad of 25 gaunts into a differnt Ork squad ( don't know if they where jsut boyz, but I'm pretty dure they where cause they had the 6+ save) but before I did that I had my Zoanthrope fire another WP killing another 3 Orks, well my charge ended up in my killing 5 Orks....while he in turn killed 8 of my Gaunts....yeah.
My shooty warriors went into some cover in hopes of helping out my new combat. CC Warriors charged into the large combat but coudn't actually get in.

And my rippers wehre somewhere in there but I don't remember them doing anything. My carnifex gets bored and decided that he whants some and shakes the earth as he moves forward.
I'm going to stop the re-cap here and now because to continue with it would take up so much space no one would read it.
But this is what happend that matterd. He takes down the BL, lone stealer, and the CC warrirors ( I got them into combat the next turn) the ripper, and gaunts in the next couple of turn while

I bring down close to 30 guys. The other combat with the gaunts ends badly and they all die, but they take 12 Orks with them. Shooty warriors get charge by and its them plus 4 stealers that I had left gaurding them to duke it out. Gaz-whtever brings down my Tyrant and rolls four 5+ inv. that my Tyrant deals him.....stupid Ork. And joins the Warrior combat.

He brings down my Carni while the Carni puts two wounds on him. Stealers/Warriors take down 20 Orks before they to die off....and then my zoan. kills 3 Orks before it too goes down. So by the end of turn 6 all I had left was one Zoanthrope.....
but God that was a battle....tooth and choppa threw and threw. We had the guy running the Torny. as well as 6 or 7 other guys ( they finsished thier battles early or something) watch our game and they said that they coudn't tell who was going to take it until the end of turn 5.

I felt really good about the battle because my 'Nids performned great. They all made back thier points and them some. And some great highlights and my oppend wasn't a thingy. He just had a bready list. "

Good to hear, would of posted in another thread but its long

Offline Gutstikk

• Infinity Circuit | Title here to be dreaded 'til further notice. Rummy's Deepstriking Pylon
  • Ancient
  • I am a Wolf.
Re: A battle report from a nid against orc
« Reply #1 on: March 6, 2008, 07:41:18 PM »
Sounds like a heck of a match; I have yet to actually witness an ork vs nid match but I imagine it is much like Eldar vs Dark Eldar - bitter and bloody to the very end. Which of your units do you feel were most effective against his horde, and which of his units do you feel gave you the hardest time? If you had to do it again what would you change?

Also, Ghazkull Thraka leading a whole ton of boyz with a couple of kans thrown in is actually a pretty fluffy army. Ghazkull leads like a Goff; he puts his faith in stompin things flat.

Anyways, a good read at the least. Thanks for posting it up.