News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: "Orkzilla" list?  (Read 3065 times)

Offline EngeKomkommer

Re: "Orkzilla" list?
« Reply #20 on: March 9, 2008, 07:08:49 PM »
2 regular shots with cruddy AP)

Although I agree I'd rather have 3 twin linked, but the AP does help, half the time it'll be marine killing or better.

Offline Kiefatar

• ...and Margarita Shooters!
« Reply #21 on: March 9, 2008, 08:00:07 PM »
Flash Gitz aren't bad, properly supped up, they are very resilient as far as orks go, and only moderately shooty, and barely average in assault (as far as orks go anyways).

But they don't really excel in anything save resilience, and they aren't cheap enough for purely that, nor is pure resilience an overly useful trait in 40k. Especially with the number of point weaknesses the Flash Gitz resilience has.

In a raw breakdown, out of 5 stars

Assault : **(***)     
- 2 in relation to the rest of the army as a whole, 3 in relation to a raw empirical base
Shooty : ***
- 3 Decent range, decent profile, and assault qualities would make them 4 or 5 star, but being Orks, their BS is horrible and that brings them down. The random nature isn't bad, but it doesn't lend too much to the unit as it's by no means reliable to any standard.
Resilience : ***
- Only a 3 actually, against small arms fire, they are naturally moderately resilient. Against heavy weapons fire, they drop just as quickly. When fully upgraded, they become effectively a 4 star against small-medium weaponry, but still die just as quickly to heavier guns. In all cases, their poor leadership qualities subtract from their resilience, and the proclivity of cover boosts cheaper units
Cost : **
- For what you get, it isn't bad, but to get it all, it becomes quite expensive and still doesn't provide that much. They really aren't anywhere near as cost efficient as Boyz, even with minimal if any upgrades, the synergistic effect of Boyz outweigh the unique abilities provided by Gitz.
The Flan of Victory! Delicious!

For all your Ork Needs! -
http://www.40konline.com/mos/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=861&topic=155110.0

40K Online Campaign - Despoiler Organizer
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=162397.0

Offline Cpt. Banjo

• Lieutenant
  • I shot this one in the spine for questioning.
« Reply #22 on: March 9, 2008, 08:42:52 PM »
Go For KANS!!!

Seriously, Kans and Dreads are dead killy when combined with a mech with KFF.

I've had so much trouble defeating them with my "standard" list that I've had to completely go back to the drawing board to rewrite my army. Now, having said that, we have been using the leaked rules that have made walkers faster, tougher, allowed them to benefit to benefit from cover saves and made blast weapons, such as the grotzooka, infinitely better.

If these rules don't make it into 5th edition, the walkers will be less powerful. The fact that a number of the new rules have been apparently "confirmed" makes me consider this to be unlikely though.

My opponent has recently been using a 1000pts that looks like this:

2 Mechs with Kustom Force Fields
2 Deff Dreads with Klaws and rokkits
4 Killa Kans with Grotzookas and klaws
19 grots
15 Lootas (who are DEAD killy!!!)
1 Lobba.
...These dregs comprise the most vicious, ill-tempered and unstable group of psychopaths and killers in the Imperial Guard.

If you go HR Giger style let the gun come out of a Vagina like slit and tubes that look like alien penises, HR Giger put always lots of those drawings

Have you no form of decency Jehan?

Offline Banned Solorg

• WAAAAAAAaaaaaban...
  • Orks is never beaten. only banned
    • Tellyport to the Ork Board Now
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2008, 09:51:24 AM »
My 2 cents.

Play Apoc and then take an entire army of Mega-Armoured Warbosses.  This would be AWESOME.  That's about the most zilla you could get I think.

Or model some GIANT Orks and use the rules for the Gargantuan Squiggoth.  Imagine it - a 1-foot tall Ork on the table.

Space Marines: "I didn't know they got THAT big, sir..."  SPLOT

He'd be like a living Stompa.
BANNED - because spamming catches up with you in the end.  Especially someone who uses a school server to host Orks and loli.

Orks iz BEST cause we were made to FIGHT and WIN

Offline Locarno

• Ork Boy
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Could I interest you in a small bribe?
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2008, 11:13:50 AM »
can orks make a list in say, 1000 points which would be the equivalent of nidzilla lists for example?

...well, Mechagodzilla, if you like.

Big Mek with Shokk Attack Gun
Big Mek with Kustom Force Field and 'Eavy Armour

Dread with 3 Power Klawz, Rokkit Launcha, Armour Plates and Grot Riggas
Dread with 3 Power Klawz, Rokkit Launcha, Armour Plates and Grot Riggas

3 Killa Kanz with Power Klawz and Kustom Mega-Blastas, Armour Plates and Grot Riggas
3 Killa Kanz with Power Klawz and Kustom Mega-Blastas, Armour Plates and Grot Riggas

1000 points.

Klanky enough for you?

Stories to read....
Songs of Earth
The Will to Survive Series

Tervigon Army List:
Games Played: 35
Termagants expended for the Hive Mind: ~2685

Offline Kiefatar

• ...and Margarita Shooters!
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2008, 04:28:26 PM »
KMBs on the Kans is excessive. Rokkits and Grotzookas are good enough.

Could pull off most of the armor plates too and exchange all of those saved points for a small squad of Mega-Nobs probably... or a few Koptas with Buzzsaws.
The Flan of Victory! Delicious!

For all your Ork Needs! -
http://www.40konline.com/mos/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=861&topic=155110.0

40K Online Campaign - Despoiler Organizer
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=162397.0

Offline EngeKomkommer

« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2008, 02:48:59 PM »
KMB's don't seem worth the points unless you KNOW you'll be facing 2+ saves. For an all round army, I'd stick with rokkits or grotzookas.

I'd also think about having big shootas on the dreads.

Offline Scyrex Deledras

« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2008, 04:45:48 PM »
SJJ,

As far as I know, there are three ways to do "elite" Ork armies:

1. LOTSA NOBS! As has been mentioned previously, taking two Warbosses allows you two units of Nobs/Meganobz as troops (combined with three more units from the Elites slot, or alternative Elite units like Tankbustas, Lootas and Kommandos). Add in a few tooled-up vehicles like Battlewagons and Dreads, and your done.

EXAMPLE: On the site Da Waaaagh, I once read a batrep where a Nobby army with two 10-ork units of Meganobz ate an entire Black Templars army for breakfast. I think Ork players are officially calling that build "the Deathwaaaagh."

2. Wazdakka army! Instead of lotsa Boyz, you take lotsa Bikes instead. Fun times.

3. Mechagodzilla (as has already been mentioned above).

4. Armoured Krumpany. I don't know if you're a treadhead or not, but bear in mind that Orks have the potential to take 8 Battlewagons (3 as heavy support, 5 as transports for troop/elite Nobs)

As an aside to the Ork players here....do you consider the "lotsa Trukk Boyz" Speed Freek built to be "elite" type of army, or is it just as "hordey" as standard Orks?