News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Help needed for my KOS against Tau  (Read 434 times)

Offline Ugfug

• "If its too good to be true, it probably is" lol
Help needed for my KOS against Tau
« on: October 6, 2007, 11:29:49 PM »
I played in a tournament the other day and got my backside handed to me by a tau army.  Could anyone give me some advice on how to beat them.  I play Kult of Speed.

His army list was something like this
8 fire warriors in devilfish with burst cannon and smart missile system
1 broadside
command squad (3 crisis suits with commander all with missile pods and something else)
2 hammerheads with railguns (of course)
6 stealth suits

The anoying thing is that he gave every person/tank/battlesuit he could target array (+1 ballistic skill)  Thats the last thing you want a tau army hitting on 3's or 2's

Any help is greatly appreciated

by the way it was fusion blasters with his command squads

Thanks for the tip
My army list was

KOS warboss on bike with power claw, eavy armour and bionik bonce
7 tankbustas with 3 rokkies, mega armoured nob in wartrukk with rokkie, GR (grot rigger) and AP (armour plates)
9 trukk boyz in wartrukk with rokkie AP and GR
7 trukk boyz in wartrukk with rokkie AP and GR
10 burna boyz with mek, kustom force field in wartrukk with rokkie, AP and GR
9 trukkboyz with mega armoured nob in wartrukk with rokkie, AP and GR
6 warbikes
Fighta Bommer
Battle wagon with lobba, GR, AP and 5 bolt on big shootas
17 skarboyz

I rolled a 1 for my fighta bommer and stunned 1 deveilfish but stunned my battlewagon and burna boyz (I wasnt pleased)

He got first turn and blew up my battle wagon and tankbustas and stunned one trukkboyz unit leaving me with only 2 trukks (the other was disabled) I tried to concentrate on one side and used the width of the table.  My bikes managed not even to glance.  Waste of my first turn.
From there he shot me to bits.  I only got my warboss in to combat who killed the stealthsuits but was gunned down by 50 million burst cannons. The game was all over by turn 4.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2007, 03:07:39 AM by Ugfug »

Offline Mr.Peanut (Turtleproof)

• Ride Like Lightning, Crash Like Thunder | Infinity Circuit | Pork Sword of Mod-Justice | Took the basket, nuts and lol | Good grief, ye hennie pennies
  • Ancient
  • Turtleposting At The Speed Of SHift
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Eldar, Sigmarines, Chaos, Demons
Re: Help needed for my KOS against Tau
« Reply #1 on: October 8, 2007, 11:25:27 PM »
First off, do not double-post, use the button to update it in cases such as these.

Second, it's good that you posted your opponent's list, but what is your list?  We need to know what you used and how you used it- you may have units that simply won't work well or you have a great list but just got creamed.

Also, nothing in the Tau army that isn't assisted by Markerlights will hit on a 2+ other than the HQ units.
You are
What you do
When it counts
     -The Masao
"Getting what you want can be dangerous.

Offline Scout-Commissar Squeaky

• YA RLY!
Re: Help needed for my KOS against Tau
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2007, 05:46:17 PM »
ack the only thing worse than mech tau for a KoS to face is static. First of, give EVERYTHING turbo boost and red paint. It'll make you have less boyz, but with that much boost at your control it'll be worth it. Turbo boost the Buggies/Trukkers into Line of sight blocking terrain and repeat next turn, by that you should be realitvly close. a fighta bomma raid would be good here. Its the cost of a Wartrukk, but if it takes down a battlesuit or 3-4 fire warriors, it'ss well worth it.

Mr. Peanuts right, the targeting array is Special issue(?) anywhos hopes this helps!
We wanted peace, but they would not give us peace. So they shall have war.
-Leon Trotsky.
Armies: Knights of Cydonia (Space Marines) Scout Company, Steel Brethren CSM, 759th Halamorian Regiment.