News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 3000 pts apocalypse!! need help please!  (Read 607 times)

Offline shibbyx1

3000 pts apocalypse!! need help please!
« on: October 5, 2007, 06:28:52 AM »
with apocalyps coming out, my local gaming centre is hosting an "armageddon" event from 9AM to 5PM with 4 tables being put together. so about 4+ players will be coming with mostely space marines and one necron player. ok so i dont have any where near enough pts for ork apoc, so im joining up with another player so imperial troopers and orks will be fighting together.

so far im bringing 50 men+50 conscripts for a mass firing line, snipers, storm troopers and an air transport. the event people said because we are joined up, we can use the imperial air transport for the orks (avrus can move way over 30").

so since we versing all T4 enemys, what should my ork friend focus on? he has 1700 pts to fill up.  battler wagons, looted baneblade (he said he got one!!!) heaps of trukks, massed grots?? help is greatly appriciated, im sure my friend will be happy of your help to, if he had the internet as his place.....

basically what im askign  is should he keep balance in his army or just use heaps of vehicals? it is apocalypse so no force organisation chart is needed
« Last Edit: October 6, 2007, 02:48:26 AM by shibbyx1 »

Offline Ugfug

• "If its too good to be true, it probably is" lol
Re: 3000 pts apocalypse!! need help please!
« Reply #1 on: October 7, 2007, 12:54:23 AM »
Massed vehicles will not help you much.  For every vehicle that you have he will have 5 heavy weapons to take you down (after all he is marines)  Your force would be too fragile.  My advice is to, like always mass orks.  You cant get enough of these little buggers.  With squads of 30 and a Nob with Power claw in each they are a tough unit to crack.  But dont forget to get a few trukk boys in their too.

Offline Banned Solorg

• WAAAAAAAaaaaaban...
  • Orks is never beaten. only banned
    • Tellyport to the Ork Board Now
Re: 3000 pts apocalypse!! need help please!
« Reply #2 on: October 8, 2007, 10:40:42 AM »
Skarboyz are strong enough to take on T4 enemies.  BattleWagons are nice because the armour is very good.  A trick I like to use would be to have a Battlewagon and lots of little vehicles in front of it.  Doing this blocks LOS to your Battlewagon.  Then, when it is your turn, zip them all ahead like a little armada until you can dump all your Orks out and charge something.  Read up on rules for disembarking - your Ork Friend should know these by heart already - in particular, read about the advantages of disembarking from an open-topped vehicle.

Power Klaws are a must - he needs lots.  These will handle Vehicles of all kinds.

My two cents.
BANNED - because spamming catches up with you in the end.  Especially someone who uses a school server to host Orks and loli.

Orks iz BEST cause we were made to FIGHT and WIN