News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Nova Marines and Jump packs (was: Nova Marine Background)  (Read 1725 times)

Offline Gouldsey

• Newest
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Nova Marines and Jump packs (was: Nova Marine Background)
« on: September 4, 2015, 12:37:51 PM »
Hi I just recently read this post and would like to ask for all of your opinions on the nova marines using jump packs ( to help in zero gravity flight ) and if they would use scouts if they were fighting on normal ground.
Any answer would be much appreciated .

Edit:  Added link to the original topic in this post, and split the posts for it to be a separate thread.  Please do not raise threads from the dead when they have not had activity for over 6 years. --- GML
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 02:31:43 PM by Grand Master Lomandalis »

Offline Ludo

• Why, you ask. Why not?
  • Armies: Marines, Flesh Tearers, Dark Eldar, Guard, Tau
Re: Nova Marines and Jump packs (was: Nova Marine Background)
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2015, 01:10:45 PM »
They are a Codex chapter and an Ultramarines successor.  They would use jump packs when appropriate (they aren't really for zero G though). There is also a reserve company of assault marines if you really want to go jump pack heavy.  Just paint them in the appropriate company markings and you're still fluffy.
Smurf Hero Extrodinaire

Offline Lorizael

• GW Shill: Infinity Circuit: Synergistic Spotter of Numpties
  • Ancient
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2015, 05:20:11 AM »
If you want some more info on Novamarines, read "the Death of Integrity" Black Library novel by Guy Haley.

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2015, 07:37:55 AM »
Hi I just recently read this post and would like to ask for all of your opinions on the nova marines using jump packs ( to help in zero gravity flight ) and if they would use scouts if they were fighting on normal ground.
Any answer would be much appreciated .

As Ludo said and in accordance with their Wiki the Nova Marines are strict adherents to the Codex Astartes. So they would definitely use jump packs and Scouts when they needed to.
Quote from: Starrakatt
"Russ, get your work done or you won't see your damn console for the next month!"
Quote from: Cavalier
Honestly Alienscar, we get it... you dont like painting!