News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Inquisitorial Psyker's Henchmen and Warp charges.  (Read 1711 times)

Offline Jeron

• Newest
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Inquisitorial Psyker's Henchmen and Warp charges.
« on: February 18, 2016, 08:51:14 AM »
Hi All,

I am new the the forums so hihi, I have a burning conundrum which drew me here so if anyone can help that be great :-)

I am unsure about multiple Inquisitorial Psyker's Henchmen in a unit and how many Warp charges they would generate. Now as it would only be ML1 one would state that they would only generate 1 WC point. (as with how GK's work)

However, after reviewing 4chan as a resource, a site I hold in high esteem for its sound explanations and the fact that the text gets verified by many online readers I am unsire if they have made a mistake or is there is actually a valid exception for Inquisitorial Psyker's Henchmen.

4chan implies that you get an extra WC point per Psyker (even clearly writing it as essentially paying 10 points for a warp charge point), however you only roll the amount of Psyker powers = to the ML. So 4 Psyker's in henchmen squad would only give you one power to roll on as but 4 WC points added to you pool.

http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics/Inquisition(7E)

Can anyone verify this please? Its unlike 4chan to make a mistake like that.

Thank you

Jeron.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 08:55:44 AM by Jeron »

Offline Mr.Peanut (Turtleproof)

• Ride Like Lightning, Crash Like Thunder | Infinity Circuit | Pork Sword of Mod-Justice | Took the basket, nuts and lol | Good grief, ye hennie pennies
  • Ancient
  • Turtleposting At The Speed Of SHift
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Eldar, Sigmarines, Chaos, Demons
Re: Inquisitorial Psyker's Henchmen and Warp charges.
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2016, 08:25:13 PM »
The article doesn't say that, it's saying that one Henchman is a cheap way to get that extra Warp Charge.
You are
What you do
When it counts
     -The Masao
"Getting what you want can be dangerous.

Offline Spectral Arbor

• Major
  • Thanks for the help.
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2016, 10:00:27 AM »
While I haven't read the article, a typical Brotherhood of Psykers unit only generates one WC die, unless they're special, like Eldar Warlock Conclave with their "Communion of Minds" rule. 'Cause Eldar needed some more buffs.

That said... if you're already taking an Inquisitor, you can add a unit of 2x Acolytes + 1x Psyker for 18 points. If you go bare bones, and make the Inquisitor a Psyker, you can generate 4 WC at 27.25 points per WC. If you DON'T make the Inquisitor a Psyker, you can generate 3 WC at 26.33 points per WC.

In a vacuum, that's pretty cheap to power up other psychic powers. Like the IG's new Psykanna Division, which is the most awesome Daemon Factory in the game.

So you don't get one WC per "Psyker", but you can buy tons of cheap 3-man units to act as WC batteries.

Offline Jeron

• Newest
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2016, 11:12:18 AM »
Ahh thanks for the clariffication everyone.

Mr Turtlehead's clarification is what I needed to know.

Spectral Arbor - thanks for the tips :-)