News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Advise in beating space marines!  (Read 577 times)

Offline waffen_1085

Advise in beating space marines!
« on: August 21, 2005, 01:33:01 AM »
Hi,

I have this regular opponent who usaually field space marines (although he also has a eldar army). Anyways he fields 2 command sections: first a normal command squad ( inclues a librarian and chaplin) and a terminator squad (which includes a Master). When using necons I only have a limited of choices avalible. I have thought of using pariahs but it would be far too risky becasue the power fists are so powerful and I find heavy destroyers too expensive. I am making such a big fuss bout these terminators is because there are 10 of em. Do you guys have any advise in killing these "things" ? Their 2+ amour save even makes particle wip useless to them.

Thnks  ;D

Offline Foxfire

• Necron Lord of 40KO | KoN Veteran
  • Ancient
  • The picture is a werewolf
  • Armies: Necrons and Orks
Re: Advise in beating space marines!
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2005, 04:38:57 AM »
Tons of fire man.  Use the Monolith for teleporting your Warriors away any time he gets too close to them or charges them, and just keep pounding away on him.  Just make him take so many saves that he has to fail some of them.  Take this for example.  You've got twelve Warriors, right?  Well, wait for those Marines to get within rapid fire range, and then bam, that's about twenty four shots, about sixteen hits, and about eight wounds.  And that's just from one squad.  Keep up the pressure, and each turn he ought to be losing two or three Terminators(from Warriors and Destroyers and any other fire power in your army), and eventually you'll wear him down.  Just have a means of getting your men out of combat once they get engaged, and make sure to keep up the pressure.

Offline Lieutenant Mack

• Lieutenant
  • For the Emperor!
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2005, 08:38:12 AM »
Lots and lots of Guass weapons. Load up on warriors, destroyers and Immortals. Remeber with Guass weapons, against troops a roll of a 6 to hit is an auto wound regardless of weapon str or target toughness. If you concentrate your firing from each of your units on specific units as they are approaching, and dont stop til they are eliminated or broken, you can prevent him from hitting your lines in mass. Also as he approaches, when he gets 18" away, move your warriors up 6" and rapid fire him before he gets the chance to charge. Even if he does charge, it will be with less men in the squad. When  you set up your army, form a fire line around a Monolith keeping all your warriors within range of its teleport and Lord with Orb. Dont spread your army out accross the table, as this allows him to pick out specif targets. This way if he charges you, and all of your units are close together, you can support each unit. As a unit gets charged, port the survivors back out and shoot some more. Against Marines your best bet is to stay out of CC and have lots of shots going at him. Use the numbers game in your favor, and you should fare pretty well. Good Luck

Listen up you slack jawed maggots. Until you are lucky enough to die by the Emperors grace, you will do what I say without question, without concern for your own safety, and without hesitation. Do I make myself clear?

Offline Blaze_Inferno

• My Necrons are incompetent. *sniff*
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2005, 09:11:51 AM »
My advise is to take the Paraihs, but keep them close to the warriors, and use them for countercharge.  Since they're powerfists, they strike last (If I'm wrong about this, and Termies w/ Powerfists strike in initiative order, ignore me completely), so the Pariahs have time to get those warscythes swinging and those Termies dropping.  The Termies are toughness 4, so all the better for your to wound rolls, since you're strength 5.  Don't forget, you also have the extra attacks for charging him, AND the Gauss Weaponry might have already taken a couple Termies out.  And since the Pariahs will be staying close to the warriors, you can stick a Necron Lord with a Warscythe and an orb with the Pariahs for even more CC protection.
Necron Lord: *kills Chaos Load*
*poof*
Necron Lord: *Looks up at new Bloodthirster* ...  *flips off Bloodthirster*
*sounds of combat ensue*