News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1500 pts Orbless  (Read 1014 times)

Offline Plague Tower of Nurgle

• Ork Boy
  • My troops are protected by "Nurgley Goodness"
    • Northeast Gamers Hub
1500 pts Orbless
« on: July 26, 2007, 01:04:25 PM »
necrons are known for their static gunline. While i wanted to keep the gunline the core of the army i also wanted some fluid elements to deal with fast squads and moving firing lanes. I also wanted the lord to be with a squad that could possibly be a fire magnet but most of all a devistating squad killer.

Version 1.0

HQ
Lord (165 pts)
- destroyer body
- phylactery
- lightning field
- warscythe

Troops (648 pts)
Squad 1 - 12x Warriors (216 pts)
Squad 2 - 12x Warriors (216 pts)
Squad 3 - 12x Warriors (216 pts)

Fast Attack (396 pts)
Scarab Swarm - 8x Scarabs (96 pts)
Destroyer Squad 1 - 3x Destroyers (150 pts)
Destroyer Squad 2 - 3x Destroyers (150 pts)

Heavy Support (290 pts)
Tomb Spider (55 pts)
Monolith (235 pts)

TOTAL 1499 PTS

the lord will go with the scarabs to take on any fast squads or CC squads with 40+ attacks on the charge stuff is going to die, not to mention another attack per model wounded in CC. because the lord will be behind cover and ahead of much of the army the orb was not taken or needed because scarabs are not necrons.

the 2 destroyer squads are here to provide mobile cover for the lord & scarabs; while closing off firing lanes to the enemy and giving the lord and scarabs better movement options.

the warriors are the fire base and will move up to assist the lord and to shut down more fire lanes, cross fire is welcomed here.

the tomb spider allows for the warriors to spread out more to avoid templates, cover more area and block more lanes.

the lith is to be the fire magnet for most high str items. i might move it down the middle and hide a squad of warriors behind it, who knows.

any comments or suggestions are welcome.
legion of sickness
lord of misery
after my death I rise in immortality
unleashing the horror my words are infected
feast on my rot
I am resurrected

resurrection of the rotten
resurrection of the dead