News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Necron Questions, Be happy To answer!  (Read 3308 times)

Offline SledgeHammer

• Listen to Papa bear's message.
Necron Questions, Be happy To answer!
« on: August 10, 2002, 06:17:13 PM »
Hello all Necron Lovers :). This is a Topic where you can post any question at all, necron only. Anyone that feels like it, can answer a question. Ill do my best.

/ Sledge
« Last Edit: August 12, 2002, 01:37:52 PM by Sledge Hammer »
"Give me a hundred Space Marines.
Or failing that, give me a thousand other troops."

Offline Bezerker

• Blood for the Blood God!
Re:Necron Questions, Be happy To answer!
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2002, 08:01:52 PM »
Alright here's a couple for you!

#1 I can't find a color scheme I really like. I want something different but not wild. I'm not a great painter but not bad ( if you went through 1-10 10 being like you are on the Eavy Metal team and 1 being like your trying to paint with the wrong end of the brush ) I'd be like a 7.

#2 I don't know exactly what to take, i'm planning a 1250 list. What i've decided on so far is 36 Necron warriors in 12 man squads, 5 Wratihs, 7 Immortals, and then a Necron Lord with Ressurectoin Ord, Phase Shifter, Plycharry ( whatever you spell it ) it's 1198 i beleive. So give me some ideas! I'm gonna be playing Tau, Nids, Khorne.

#3 Last but not least can I get some good tactics?
The Throne was a mile high. Constructed of ancient brass and bare, bone white skulls. A river of blood twisted around it and followed down a long brass road to meet the throne. The place was lite only from the white hot fire which erupted from time to time, a evil forge. As I approached the top I lo

Night_Of_Necrons

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2002, 08:29:26 PM »
DESTROYERS!! you need some destroyers! they are awesome. i think you will be satisfied with them. they will be good and killing tau and better at killing nids and ok at taking out khorne. your also gonna need some scarabs to tie up some of those pesky units they come at ya to fast or are a big threat.also some flayed ones or pariahs would be good against tau and ok against nids (nids have to many units though so just shoot em up. and khrone are excellent assaulters so ur best bet is to shoot them and avoid HtH.) paraiahs i htink, would be better then flayed ones when facing khorne. and flayed ones will do just fine against tau.

-NoN :o

Offline SledgeHammer

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2002, 08:37:24 PM »

Alright here's a couple for you!

#1 I can't find a color scheme I really like. I want something different but not wild. I'm not a great painter but not bad ( if you went through 1-10 10 being like you are on the Eavy Metal team and 1 being like your trying to paint with the wrong end of the brush ) I'd be like a 7.

#2 I don't know exactly what to take, i'm planning a 1250 list. What i've decided on so far is 36 Necron warriors in 12 man squads, 5 Wratihs, 7 Immortals, and then a Necron Lord with Ressurectoin Ord, Phase Shifter, Plycharry ( whatever you spell it ) it's 1198 i beleive. So give me some ideas! I'm gonna be playing Tau, Nids, Khorne.

#3 Last but not least can I get some good tactics?

1. Ok. I paint my Necrons this way. Boltgun metal, (drybrush) the whole model. Take brown Ink. Ink every part of it. Tada! A rosty old Necron, 60 milion years old :).
Or else, you can do it this way, Get tentacle Pink. Drybrush the model with it. Then, take skullwhite, and drybrush it with that to, but a smaller amout of color. Now, take brown ink and ink ink ink. Now, you got the most ugly, sick and discusting necrons i'v ever emagine. And that is cool. And different. :)  

On you'r wraiths, try this one. Just drybrush with boltgun. And then, take shining gold, and highlight every edge. There, really nice.

2. Try this one out instead. 60 Warriors. 20 man squad.
Two of them in from the begining. The other 20 i tell you soon.

Two Necron Lords. One with Veil of Darkness, and one with Resurrection Orb. Kick ass!

3 Wraiths.

A couple of Tomb Spyders. They Produce scarabs, and you can use them as a shield. Put them infront of any unit. And they make it impossible to charge the covered unit.

3 Destroyers.

If this is to much p . Just tell me and i make you one the right size, 1000, 1500, 2000?

I think there is a Forum called tactics on EO.

There you go. Tell me if there is anything wrong, or if there is something you don't understand.

Offline SledgeHammer

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2002, 08:38:59 PM »

DESTROYERS!! you need some destroyers! they are awesome. i think you will be satisfied with them. they will be good and killing tau and better at killing nids and ok at taking out khorne. your also gonna need some scarabs to tie up some of those pesky units they come at ya to fast or are a big threat.also some flayed ones or pariahs would be good against tau and ok against nids (nids have to many units though so just shoot em up. and khrone are excellent assaulters so ur best bet is to shoot them and avoid HtH.) paraiahs i htink, would be better then flayed ones when facing khorne. and flayed ones will do just fine against tau.

-NoN :o

1. I do NOT want any Irretating Spamming Mon-keighs on MY Topic.

2. I will answer the questions, not YOU.

3. Please respect this, or i have to talk to a moderator.

Offline Bezerker

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2002, 06:47:01 PM »
Well what about the Immortals though I heard they were good? Also I mean not to be rude but the list you gave me sounded sorta like power gaming i'm not into that. So could you give me a more colorative list?
The Throne was a mile high. Constructed of ancient brass and bare, bone white skulls. A river of blood twisted around it and followed down a long brass road to meet the throne. The place was lite only from the white hot fire which erupted from time to time, a evil forge. As I approached the top I lo

Offline Fuegan

• Death to those who oppose us!
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2002, 07:22:43 PM »
all you need to get a good army is lots of warriors, monolith, destroyers(not heavy), wraiths, nightbringer  8)
over the white cliffs of Dover there is a lovely beach 300 meters below which can be reached in 3.2 seconds.

Ulthwe Strike force   wins:7    draws:0    loss:1

Wood Elves             wins:7    draws:1     loss:4

Chaos                     win:1     draws:0     loss:3

Please visit my site at www.craftworld.s5.c om

Offline Trunkhead

• Drunken Master
  • Ancient
  • Cause this is too funny
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2002, 10:00:00 PM »
1) color scheme - I dry brushed Tin Bitz, followed by a coat of drybrushed Scab Red, then a red ink over that.  Bleached Bone for the face, and chainmail highlights for the gauss rifle (painted the tubing, green tube, and bayonet completly chainmail)

2) well we can talk all day about army lists and strategy's but i think what you've picked is a fine list for the armies you'll be facing.  You'll fall in love w/ those immortals, esp. vs. Tyranids (my personal 1700pt tourney list contains 20 Immortals).  With only 1200pts i wouldn't worry too much about having destroyers, you have plenty of warriors for any tanks that come to close, just try to stay in one place so you get all of your 24" range.  Also keep your two squads of Wraiths together so they can benefit from more guys around for the WBB rule. and try to stay close so all yoru warriors can benefit from the rez orb.

Sledge Hammer, you need to relax, this is an open forum.  You can't keep people off of a thread, you can talk to a mod if you like, but he'll just tell you the same thing i did.  Besides, you didn't even spell 'certain' correctly, why should we go to you for advice?
You know what I'll say when I see God?
I'm going to tell him I was framed
 - The Way of the Gun

Offline Bezerker

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2002, 11:06:17 PM »
I have a question first off do my Wraiths get 4 attacks cause they have clawas and blades? And another question is my friend says that his Khorne Bezerkers have a attack 2 on their stat line but with those bolt pistols and chain axes do they get 3 every turn ( not counting the one for charging )

Offline Tobab816

• Chaos Warmaster, Promoter of Deathball!
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2002, 10:11:18 AM »
It's generally accepted that things who has "claws&teeth" or "claws&blades" or "claws" only get the attacks on their statline as Claws(etc etc) is a natural weapon and not a CCW.

Things with CCW&pistols DO get one extra attack for having two close combat weapons as pistols counts as ccws(hence Seraphim also gets an extra attack from having two pistols).
Deathball, the new game of bloody basketball, 40k style!

+++Excerpt from Last Chaos/Space marine game, commentator: Inquisitor Khalheed "The Purgator" Qhor, Ex-Deathball player+++

Chaos vs Space Marine grudgematch today ended 23-19 when Brother Grazieel decimated the chaos team with a heavy bolter.

Afterwards the Chaos Coach Zhuriel the Damned stated "If we weren't ideologically in favor of cheating we'd complain about this""
+++End of transmission+++

Offline Trunkhead

• Drunken Master
  • Ancient
  • Cause this is too funny
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2002, 02:11:47 PM »
as tobab said.  I actually called GW about 5 times on this one tho, they never did give me the answer i wanted.  So no, you dont' get an extra attack for an extra weapon.  You get 3 (+1 for charging).  Khorne Beserkers get 3, 2 base, plus one for an extra weapon (so do Orks)
You know what I'll say when I see God?
I'm going to tell him I was framed
 - The Way of the Gun