News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Our leaders shall arise....  (Read 2207 times)

Offline Lecron

• I will consume all in my path
Our leaders shall arise....
« on: July 13, 2002, 10:59:34 PM »
......Or at least I hope more awake. I know we have two C'tan so far to use, but whats going on with the Adeptus Mechanicus's machine god, the codex hints that that is a C'tan. Also why havnt more Necrons been awaken? We couldnt all be that far flung. I also think there are more types of Necrons then what the codex has released so far, come on after being beaten once, you cant tell me that the C'tan are going to be dumb and not revamp, and creat newer creations to do battle.

I would like to hear some details on what some new creatures might be for em.

Offline Halberd-Blue

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Long Live C'Nesha
    • Lord of the Universe's Website
Re:Our leaders shall arise....
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2002, 09:59:28 AM »
Maybe The Outsider and the Dragon for special characters, and a CA every once in awhile on the Nightbringer to show he is getting more and more powerful because the codex states that he is just a shadow of his former self.
"The rewards of tolerance are treachery and betrayal."

Offline Lecron

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2002, 10:08:26 AM »
The Ca on the Nithbringer would be cool, He ate other C'Tan, The man had to be massive. But forgive me on this, but who are The Outsider, and the Dragon?

Offline SparqMan

• Pimpmaster General
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Read the Codex.
    • The Daily Jolt
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2002, 04:39:12 PM »
The Outsider and the Dragon are the other two remaining C'tan that are known of. The Outsider is commonly refered to as unstable and insane (not that any of the C'tan seem particularly sane), and the Dragon is a bit more of a mystery. GW has lots of vague fluff and stuff that seems to contradict on the topic of the C'tan, and on purpose I believe. Because so many Xenos have come into contact with the C'tan, and have so many different names (and because they do have lots in common with each other), things get confusing.

For example, one can of worms is the relationship between the Deceiver and the Laughing God. Also, has the Deceiver been posing as the Machine God to the Adeptus Machnicus, or is it the Dragon who really IS their machine god? Also, while the Nightbringer ate other C'tan, so did some of the other remaining C'tan.

So it all gets confusing and crazy! That's half the fun. =D

I'm finding it hard to design Necron characters or to even name my units for an army. This is my Necron Lord...his name is 1001000101. =)

Offline Lecron

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2002, 09:01:10 PM »
Nice name on your Lord, I think Im going to name mine TK421.

Callidus

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2002, 09:24:13 PM »
I personally don't think Necrons should have squad names and such. They are lifeless machines, bent on destroying anything that is alive! Why would they care about foolish names?
Anyways, thats my POV.

Offline Lecron

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2002, 10:51:07 PM »
No I think each army would have a name, something thier C'Tan masters would name them to keep track of them.

Offline Fuegan

• Death to those who oppose us!
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2002, 06:17:09 PM »
I always thought of the dragon being a huge metal dragon the can shoot powerful blasts of guass from its mouth and stuff but thats just my idea.
over the white cliffs of Dover there is a lovely beach 300 meters below which can be reached in 3.2 seconds.

Ulthwe Strike force   wins:7    draws:0    loss:1

Wood Elves             wins:7    draws:1     loss:4

Chaos                     win:1     draws:0     loss:3

Please visit my site at www.craftworld.s5.c om