News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: starting a new necron army( dont have to much money) need help!  (Read 579 times)

Offline creative

• power of the shroom's
I am starting a new army and i don't no what to get.

so far all i have are two box's of warriors and a lord with warscythe,veil,res orb.

any ideas would be appreciated. :)
Capture the dream

Honer the hedgehog

Offline Tyranid_Wannabe

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Es ist ein schönes Schiff
Re: starting a new necron army( dont have to much money) need help!
« Reply #1 on: March 9, 2007, 09:35:45 PM »
Getting a battle force is a good way to start, with your lord it gives you the potential to make up to 750pts. Its always a good start. Then you can expand from there  :)
Heed my wisdom, ignore my ignorance

Offline creative

• power of the shroom's
« Reply #2 on: March 9, 2007, 10:24:35 PM »
  i don't have that much money thoe.  i was thinking about some wraiths, destroyers, flayed ones, or maybe Even a c'tan. but i don't really know how good each one is
Capture the dream

Honer the hedgehog

Offline Tyranid_Wannabe

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Es ist ein schönes Schiff
« Reply #3 on: March 9, 2007, 11:39:42 PM »
Well if you don't have much money then why are you going to buy wraiths, destroyers, flayed ones and a c'tan. A battleforce is the best thing out their- value for money wise. Sure its a bit more but you get three destoyers rather than buying single destroyer each time and warriors. Also with the added warriors you can easily convert some warriors into flayed ones- saving you a hell of a lot of money if you otherwise just bought flayed one blister packs. You could also convert one of the warriors into a wraith with a bit of time, effort and some sort of wiring. Note I wouldn't know how to make wraiths from warriors however if your really tight on money but you want some wraiths then you should probably scout the internet for some tutorials on how to make cheap wraiths :). Sadly 40k requires money and time and if you want to save on one then it requires a hell of a lot more of the other :(.
Heed my wisdom, ignore my ignorance