News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Inquisitor fiction unit build?  (Read 2014 times)

Offline CharlesM

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Inquisitor fiction unit build?
« on: July 28, 2020, 09:15:58 PM »
I love reading the 40K universe fiction and I'm looking to build a small Inquisitor unit to represent the unit and I was wondering what everyone thinks.

I'm starting with Inquisitor Greyfax.  I think having my inquisitor as a female is a novelty in 40K since besides the sisters who just recently started coming back out.  Female 40K figures are far and few between.

Her two bodyguards are both Sisters of Battle.  One is Sister Superior Amalia Novena and the other is Sister Superior Tarina Palos when she finally comes out.  So I have three unique models to start with.

Then I have her a special squad of Grey Knight Terminators to deal with anything else such as guarding a prisoner or helping Greyfax deal with an enemy using their psychic abilities.

What do you think?  Is this a good idea or just a waste of time and money?  Let me know, thanks.

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Re: Inquisitor fiction unit build?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2020, 08:29:05 AM »
All I know about Inquisitors is what I have read in past White Dwarf's, so not a great deal. I understand that at any given moment an Inquisitor can requisition any servant of the Imperium, so from that perspective your proposed unit makes a lot sense.

As a permanent fixture of an Inquisitors retinue and based on my very limited knowledge I am not sure if a squad of Grey Knight Terminators makes sense from a lore point of view. I am more used to seeing retinues made up of Acolytes, Familiars, Mystics and other henchmen rather than power armoured squads. Depending on what you are trying to depict though I can see an Inquisitor temporarily requisitioning a squad of Termies to help out if the situation required.

I love reading the 40K universe fiction and I'm looking to build a small Inquisitor unit to represent the unit and I was wondering what everyone thinks.

What do you think?  Is this a good idea or just a waste of time and money?  Let me know, thanks.

If you love reading 40k fiction so much that it has inspired you to create this unit then I wouldn't consider it a waste of time, or money.
Quote from: Starrakatt
"Russ, get your work done or you won't see your damn console for the next month!"
Quote from: Cavalier
Honestly Alienscar, we get it... you dont like painting!

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2020, 05:25:28 PM »
Whats the goal with the models, are you trying to build an army or just for a bit of fun painting? It will help people provide feedback. Nothing wrong with the rule of cool, if you love the models and want to paint them, have at it and show them off in the projects section :)

If your interested in the Inquisition, get your hands on the Eisenhorn series, I like the audio books so I can paint while listening, but the books go into a good amount of detail around different types of inquisitors and what their squads of henchmen look like. The second book has a bit of details around how they muster up armies.

Offline CharlesM

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2020, 04:53:37 PM »
Good point magenb on what my goal is for this topic.  In multiple 40K books that I've read recently involving Dark Angels, Ultramarines, Cadian IG, and those books with the "best stories of..." from different writers. 

In most of them an Inquisitor has a retinue of a 2-3 apprentices and/or bodyguards and a jocko(?), so I just wanted to just have some fun.  In a couple of the "best of" books.  There is an inquisitor that had a couple of battle sisters as bodyguards and I thought that was a good idea.  Another had a squad of grey knight terminators as his own personal force to take a prisoner from one of the prison planets.  I also know from reading 40K wiki, that Greyfax used to used Tempestus Scions as her personal bodyguards.  I was changing it up to being two females with her, and using the grey knights as her personal attack force when taking down. From doing a little more research. Grey Knights are primarily used by the demonhunter inquisition forces.     

But I will be looking up the Eisenhorn series.  He was another Inquisitor I considered getting, but for  some reason I like Greyfax a little more.

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #4 on: August 1, 2020, 06:41:57 AM »
I like the Greyfax model better as well, looking forward to seeing what models you go with and how you paint them up :)