News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: How to get bucket loads of counts-as Nurglings?  (Read 2003 times)

Offline Mr.Peanut (Turtleproof)

• Ride Like Lightning, Crash Like Thunder | Infinity Circuit | Pork Sword of Mod-Justice | Took the basket, nuts and lol | Good grief, ye hennie pennies
  • Ancient
  • Turtleposting At The Speed Of SHift
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Eldar, Sigmarines, Chaos, Demons
How to get bucket loads of counts-as Nurglings?
« on: July 22, 2017, 01:51:22 PM »
I had a complete Chaos Demons army a few editions ago, but now that stuff like Plaguebearers costs half as much as they used to I need to expand.  Pox Walkers look nice but are too big to fit into my army, I'm thinking of spamming lots of Nurglings.

It would be about $500 to get the number of Nurglings I want from GW, that ain't happening unless I decide to sell some of my organs.  I could cut apart the sprues but many of the models are inter-woven and it would be time consuming.

I have loads of 2" round bases, I could fill them up with toy bugs if such a thing exists in the right scale and material.

Hell, I made these from stuff I got for free:

You are
What you do
When it counts
     -The Masao
"Getting what you want can be dangerous.

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
Re: How to get bucket loads of counts-as Nurglings?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2017, 01:57:22 AM »
DOOOPPPP! totally understand that. It's hard to think of as is nurglings. I used to keep up with miniature companies but haven't looked much lately. Maybe make a puss puddle on a base showing a nurgling face like it's coming up out of it then make a mold and pour as many as you want. Different paint colors, maybe add some twigs and rocks to them to add varity. Mold putty runs around $20 and resin $30 at hobby lobby . The resin will make lots of diplicates. Hope this helps
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline Partninja

• Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2017, 03:56:10 PM »
I'm not super familiar with the kits. Looking at the sprues in Google, it looks like you could simply buy one kit, and make 1-2 part molds for the bits. Then use resin or putty to make your copies.

Offline Mr.Peanut (Turtleproof)

• Ride Like Lightning, Crash Like Thunder | Infinity Circuit | Pork Sword of Mod-Justice | Took the basket, nuts and lol | Good grief, ye hennie pennies
  • Ancient
  • Turtleposting At The Speed Of SHift
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Eldar, Sigmarines, Chaos, Demons
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2017, 11:13:21 AM »
I did a smart and searched, "miniature swarms" and found some promising results.  Rot Grub Swarms and Ravenloft Rats would work fine if I could find a supplier.

You are
What you do
When it counts
     -The Masao
"Getting what you want can be dangerous.