News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Post your chapter ideas here  (Read 103780 times)

Offline Dazzo

• Those who pay the piper get to call the tune
Re: Post your chapter ideas here
« Reply #140 on: June 26, 2007, 03:54:12 AM »
I would like to see a picture of an actual painting Marine...
I remember you saying you wanted to have a crack at it yourself? I dont paint anymore, and even if I did I lack the means of getting pictures onto my computer.
How have you made the planet? You have used a 3d program or something else?
Yeah it was a world creation program, but I cant remember what it was now, most of my worlds were done on photoshop using a world maker plugin from flaming pear(you can also get ones that do suns and background stars, they are solar cell and gliterrato respectively)

And they had a name change from Warcry Marines to Vociferators

(ASP forums)
A high tide raises all boats

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

Offline Alexander's Son

• Mentor - Newbies feel free to ask for any help.
    • Alexander Son's web page
« Reply #141 on: June 26, 2007, 05:05:00 AM »
 Dazzo thanks again... very nice plug-ins! I'm trying them out now!
Thanks to all the people showing faith in me

I sometimes feel that everyone will leave me and they will be on their own...

A suspicious mind is a healthy mind

Offline Dazzo

« Reply #142 on: June 26, 2007, 09:58:10 AM »
Dazzo thanks again... very nice plug-ins! I'm trying them out now!
Ah excellent glad I could help, I need 10 each of the following, water worlds, death worlds, moonless worlds, worlds with moons, desert worlds, cold worlds, dark worlds, dead worlds, in your own time mate ;) :D Just kidding. Have fun with it while it lasts as you only have about 14 days i believe.

(ASP forums)

Offline Beany

• Too much booze can make you a bit nutty
« Reply #143 on: June 27, 2007, 07:46:58 AM »
My chapter idea is called the Sons of odin. they're going to be my nxt army. they are all going to be mounted on bikes so everyones t 5 WOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Gladewalker

• Commissar
  • XO, 38th Infantry Division
« Reply #144 on: June 29, 2007, 07:34:51 PM »
Was Odin known for being a mounted warrior? I know he had a hammer... I guess the guys in Fantasy have hammers on horseback....

I always thought a western Cavalry army would be neat... or just some bad-ss bikers...

We'll be there when the morning comes!
Screw their minds up with our guns!
We're the last thing they will see!
We're the 98th Reserve Cadian Infantry!

Offline Firenze

• Feel the wrath of the Angels of Death!!
« Reply #145 on: July 17, 2007, 02:51:34 PM »
Name: Sky Knights
Gene seed: I cant believe I'm saying this but...Roboute Guilliman
Symbol: Sword Through a Shield
Planet: Grizalmas (Eastern Fringe) A small Barren plane, very mountainous
Fluff: most fortress monestaries on the planet have been adapted to fly over the mountains.

Offline FifthWindDieGermanator

• Marines are Toughness 3! | Termagant
« Reply #146 on: July 17, 2007, 03:08:50 PM »
Hey, how do you post pics from bolter and chainsword, I want to know so I can post pics of the Angels of the Aquila
"special weapons, what special weapons, oh look skulls, BLAAAGABLAGAAAGGGGG BLOOD SKULLS BLOOD SKULLS"
-Sanctjud

I'd rather you hate me, For everything I am, Than have you love me, For something that I can't
- Five Finger Death Punch

Beware, Rules Lawyers, beware!

Offline Dazzo

« Reply #147 on: July 19, 2007, 03:58:58 AM »
I use image shack, just print screen the B&C image once youve done it, save it, then upload it to your chosen host and post it, simple.

(ASP forums)

« Reply #148 on: July 19, 2007, 11:25:34 AM »
does image shack or photobucket cost anything to use?
"special weapons, what special weapons, oh look skulls, BLAAAGABLAGAAAGGGGG BLOOD SKULLS BLOOD SKULLS"
-Sanctjud

I'd rather you hate me, For everything I am, Than have you love me, For something that I can't

Offline Heretek

• General Freyberg | Out, damn'd Grot! | Ork Boy
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #149 on: July 19, 2007, 04:57:56 PM »
No, both are free, and very usefull.

« Reply #150 on: July 19, 2007, 09:16:49 PM »
Thank you all for the help. Here are the Angels of the Aquila. Note that some of them have red robes

« Last Edit: July 20, 2007, 11:22:04 AM by FifthWindLegion »
-Sanctjud

Offline Dazzo

« Reply #151 on: July 20, 2007, 03:20:49 AM »
You need to add a square bracket to the start of the link.

(ASP forums)

« Reply #152 on: July 20, 2007, 11:22:24 AM »
thank you
-Sanctjud

Offline CODE BLACK

• Infinity Circuit
  • Armies: Space Marines, Space Wolves
« Reply #153 on: August 22, 2007, 07:44:40 AM »
Right,
Chapter - The Sons Of St. Francis
Geneseed - Unknown, possibly Imperial Fist
Homeworld - None as such, but there fortress-monastry is situated in the Albion Major system
Colour scheme - Black armour with red shoulder pads with black trim
Symbol - Golden eye with drop of blood on white stripe descending from eye :P
Traits - Suffer not the alien to live (tyranids), Death Before Dishonour.
Background - St. Francis was the first chapter master of "the sons" chapter formerally called "The Knights Obsucuras" after where they were situated but after St. Francis heroic actions early in the chapters history they were renamed. Unlike many chapters they veiw The Emperor as God and they have unblinding devotion in him.  They have a furious hatred of tyranids but strangely get along quite well with eldar from the saim hann craftworld. this has led the inquisition to be quite suspicious of the chapter but because of there unquestionable faith they have been spared from any persecution. Will fight to the death so as not to dishonour The Emperor

Offline Alexander's Son

« Reply #154 on: August 22, 2007, 09:11:16 AM »
St. Francis was the first chapter master of "the sons" chapter formerally called "The Knights Obsucuras" after where they were situated but after St. Francis heroic actions ...

Having a Saint as a first Chapter Master is something not written by anyone... peculiar though having a Saint. Even Celestine became a Saint after her death... I think!

But very original!  :)

Offline CODE BLACK

• Infinity Circuit
« Reply #155 on: August 22, 2007, 03:30:31 PM »
Having a Saint as a first Chapter Master is something not written by anyone... peculiar though having a Saint. Even Celestine became a Saint after her death... I think!

But very original!  :)
Thanks, but it kind of makes sense that if a Sister' could become a saint a Space Marine could. I think I may post the whole fluff for my chapter, because to explain here why I decided Francis is a Saint probally would take to long, but it real boils down to the fact that I came up with the name first and built everything else around it :P And to tell you the truth I think St. Celestine is still alive :S

Offline Magus_42

• Deathwing Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #156 on: August 22, 2007, 03:37:20 PM »
Celestine is dead in the fluff (her death is described in her codex entry). However, she was named a saint while she was still alive. That's why they call them "living saints".

I like the background, with the exception of the Saim Hann thing. Zealous devotion to the Imperial cult and freindliness towards Xenos don't really go together.

Offline CODE BLACK

• Infinity Circuit
« Reply #157 on: August 22, 2007, 04:19:59 PM »
I know, it's "mysterious" :P lol actually now you mention it it is pretty stupid I think it will be erased from any subsequent historys I might make.

Offline Alexander's Son

« Reply #158 on: August 23, 2007, 09:49:00 AM »
However, she was named a saint while she was still alive. That's why they call them "living saints".

I knew I had something mixed up there... and CODE BLACK I never said that only SoB could become Saints... of course SM can become too...  :)

Offline Dazzo

« Reply #159 on: August 24, 2007, 02:35:24 PM »
MACERATORS

Bane of the Dead

Homeworld: Dreggen, Indor sector, Segmentum Tempestus
Geneseed: Blood Angels, Flesh Tearers mentor
Founding: 21st
Colour Scheme: Green, gold trims and eagle, red face plate
Symbol: Three blood drops within a circle

Origins
Born of the genetic experiment that was the 21st founding, the Macerators, yet another addition to sanguinious’ growing brood, were born of Blood Angel and Flesh Tearer stock. The exact reasons behind this combination have long since been lost or forgotten, but reasons are unimportant when the end result is success. And the Macerators were a success. At least that was what everyone assumed.

HOMEWORLD
Dreggan is a green jewel of a world covered in vast dark forests and deep fresh water seas, it teems with life and is a perfect world for human habitation, at least it would have been if the seas werent filled with deadly bacteria and the forests home to beasts seemingly drawn out of nightmares. Humanity clings to the margins of Dreggan, the coasts, the forest edges, the high mountains and islands, constantly on guard against disease and the fanged horrors, which lurk in the deep woods waiting for the foolish and unwary. There are several different civilisations on Dreggan, the most powerful is the Moldran Empire, also known as the the island empire, its mastery of the seas and use of high technology has made it the dominant force on the planet. The centre of the Moldran empire is the isle of Moldra, the largest island on Dreggan, it is a tranquil and ordered land of rolling patchwork fields well tended woodland, straight roads and white marble cities. A stark contrast to the wild beauty of the major continents where the rest of the population struggles to survive, and despite being within the cloak of the Empire it is still a struggle.

The Macerators fortress monastery, or Sul-Abra, is built upon the summit of Tlall Orssa, the white giant,  located in the Asphan mountain range high above the tree line where the air is pure and the wind is sharp. The only other foot print the chapter has on Dreggen is the Bloody stone, the training fort for new scouts. Located deep in the Spider Haunt on a colossal meteoric stone, now stained red with iron oxide from the fortress walls, the Bloody Stone rises from the surrounding greenery like a slumbering titan. To the local population the Bloody Stone is a cursed place to be avoided at all costs, only the dead walk its weeping halls. In comparison Sul-Abra is a revered and mystical place where the warriors of heaven reside, it is said any man who can survive the ascent can ask any boon and it shall be answered. 

GENESEED
The Macerators are believed to be of pure Blood Angel stock, though there is a suspicion it may have been mixed with Flesh Tearer stock in an attempt to correct the problems of that particular geneseed and thereby offer a solution to the continued degradation of the Flesh Tearer chapter. If that was its intended goal, if such a mix had taken place, then it was a failure on several levels. The Macerator geneseed is stable with few detrimental mutations other than the black rage, a bizarre compulsion to eat the flesh of the fallen, be they friend or foe and a general sharpening of teeth.  However if the mixing of the geneseed had been devised as a means of reigning in the black rage in the Flesh Tearers then it worked, as the probability of a Macerator succumbing to the rage is now actually less than even that of the Blood Angels, to the extent they dont require a Death Company. Unfortunately the only solution for the Flesh Tearers would have been to forgo using their own geneseed in favour of that of the Macerators, something they were unwilling to do no matter the cost.

In many respects they were right to do so, as a problem with the Macerator Omophagea almost led to extermination for the chapter by the Inquisition, a problem that had developed over millennia and stemmed ironically from the Flesh Tearers ritualistic cannibalism of the enemy. While the practice of eating live captives did not translate, the consumption of dead tissue from the battle field became common practice. Problems arose as an unforeseen  mutation of the geneseed caused the Omophagea to be come hyper stimulated, and so along with the victims genetic memory their came an intense rush of pleasure. Over time the urge to consume flesh lost its ritualistic meaning and simply became a practice in gratification, and so the Macerators chapter blindly walked into addiction. Once discovered the problem was easily corrected, new recruits were simply not implanted with the organ, or if they had been they were banned from consuming the flesh of the dead.

ORGANISATION
The Organisation of the Macerator chapter follows the strictures laid down within the Codex Astartes exactly, though it seems more an effort to fit in than because they hold the codex in such high regard.

DOCTRINE
The Macerators make full use of long range weapons and tanks, and will even use orbital bombardment to dislodge a stubborn enemy if need be before moving in to deliver the final blow. The bombardments have been know to last up to a week, when it ends the Mecarators are already moving in. Often, if not always they time their attack to coincide with the cessation of the bombardment exactly, so the enemy doesn’t have time to react to the immediate threat as they are still wondering why it is so quiet.

The Macerators did not have the same temperament as their Flesh Tearer mentors and so pure close assault tactics were never going to stick. The early deaths of their mentors due to the Black rage further widened the gap between the chapter they were named for. The sight of their chapter master losing himself to the rage was seared into the minds of those who witnessed it and it was their fervent desire that the Macerators would never sink so low. Sadly the curse of Sanguiniuos caught up with them in the end, and for many, if not all, the predilection the Macerators developed for consuming the dead was far worse than the aegis the Flesh Tearers or Blood Angels laboured under. So far did they fall they even consumed the flesh of their fallen brothers and allies, an act for which they were almost excommunicated.

BATTLE-CRY
‘Your flesh is mine’

(ASP forums)