News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Hunting models outside of GW's line  (Read 772 times)

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Hunting models outside of GW's line
« on: May 5, 2020, 01:35:12 AM »
Been searching for a while, but I still haven't found the right ones. So I'm looking for elvish models that I might use for terrain bits, so not really looking for alternative gaming models.

Looking for floaters like:

Issyria, Sibyl of Dawn - from warmachine
https://warmachineuniversity.com/mw/index.php/Issyria,_Sibyl_of_Dawn

They did a limited edition sculpt of her as well, but fooork the subscription cost youch!
https://warmachineuniversity.com/mw/index.php/Issyria,_Sibyl_of_Dawn

Or more elegant sorceress in a casting pose (for some reason I can find alot of evil/angry looking ones, or just straight up bikini's lol). Kind of like the old Alarielle model from WHF or Avatars of war light elf mage kit

Raging Heroes are a bit too dark.

I've looked at kings of war but.. the faces are bad.. D&D bones range, but super big range there.

Happy for it not to fit the GW scale as well..

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Re: Hunting models outside of GW's line
« Reply #1 on: May 5, 2020, 08:31:33 AM »
Been searching for a while, but I still haven't found the right ones. So I'm looking for elvish models that I might use for terrain bits, so not really looking for alternative gaming models.

Looking for floaters like:

Issyria, Sibyl of Dawn - from warmachine

Here's a floating sorceress from Noble Knight Games. I think the bit that the model is sitting on would probably work as a terrain bit.

Or more elegant sorceress in a casting pose

This model from Wayland Games looks quite elegant and if the base that she is on is included it looks like a perfect terrain feature.

This one from Wayland Games also looks quite elegant and I think it would make a good statue.

I've looked at kings of war but.. the faces are bad..

If you like the models, but not their faces I suppose you could always do a head swap.
Quote from: Starrakatt
"Russ, get your work done or you won't see your damn console for the next month!"
Quote from: Cavalier
Honestly Alienscar, we get it... you dont like painting!