News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Prior Edition Stats  (Read 2229 times)

Offline samzor

• Refuse Bot Malfunction! Quick cheese it!
  • Armies: Eldar
Prior Edition Stats
« on: August 27, 2013, 03:33:24 PM »
Slightly off topic and does not concern me at all anymore as i have resources for this now: but im interested to know whats the forum policy on quoting 2nd edition/RT rules and stats?

I got a warning last year November 19, 2012 about essentially quoting 2nd edition stats. Which if you email GW they don't have a problem with it as long as you're not posting an entire codex/rulebook worth of info for profit essentially.

Whats the official response to 2nd edition stats for this forum now? Officially i would have though battle bible being widely available from legitimate sites and GW's stance about that would mean i could post freely about rule mechanics and fill in the blanks about peoples questions.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 03:51:25 PM by Rummy »

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
Re: Prior Edition Stats
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 04:11:40 PM »
As long as the copyright is held by GW (which will be for another 70 years or so) then it is still illegal to reproduce, and yes, still not ok to post on the forums.

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.

Offline Mr.Peanut (Turtleproof)

• Ride Like Lightning, Crash Like Thunder | Infinity Circuit | Pork Sword of Mod-Justice | Took the basket, nuts and lol | Good grief, ye hennie pennies
  • Ancient
  • Turtleposting At The Speed Of SHift
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Eldar, Sigmarines, Chaos, Demons
Re: Prior Edition Stats
« Reply #2 on: December 3, 2013, 09:28:19 AM »
Note that Games Workshop is allowed to do what it wants with its intellectual property, such as posting unit cards online, but we are not allowed to do the same.
You are
What you do
When it counts
     -The Masao
"Getting what you want can be dangerous.