News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Show your SoB/Inq/GK  (Read 101304 times)

Offline objectionator

• High five!
Re: Show your SoB/Inq/GK
« Reply #20 on: March 8, 2009, 05:17:50 PM »
I play mechanized with a few squads on foot to hold objectives. My canonesses always have retinues (I can't be bothered to model a jumppack canoness anyway). I love immolators.

The order is called "The Order of the Evening Star".  The evening star is Venus, which is the first "star" that you see at night on Earth. They aren't based near Earth though. The standard battle sisters are colored with red/yellow which matches sunset colors.  The elite battle sisters (celestians and seraphim) are colored darker (black/blue/purple with gold/white trim) to match twilight colors. As a whole, they try to encourage and strengthen the church wherever it appears to be on the decline, so they travel a lot.  This sort of goes with the order name, as wherever the sun sets on the faithful (figuratively) they will be quick to carry/administer the torch of the Emperor's glory.

Additionally, I have a squad of meltagun dominions with an immolator, two squads of retributors (mm and hb), celestine, and a few extra ladies who are in the process of being painted and rededicated to squads, perhaps when I pick up another sister superior and rhino. These models are not all painted/based though. It took a while to figure out what combinations of armament worked best for my playstyle, so I accumulated lots of extra models for different weapon options in units.

The cool thing about the sisters is that you can start collecting them as allies to your main force so you can start playing with them right away. Then, once you've caved in and decided you have to field an exorcist, you throw in all the chips and play pure sisters.

Offline AfrikProphet

• My Music Blog and (soon to be) Podcast home
« Reply #21 on: March 8, 2009, 10:16:32 PM »
cool objectionator, are those 2 stormbolters mounted on the rhino? I've thought of adding the second one myself.

Offline Scyrex Deledras

« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2009, 12:50:06 PM »
Here's some of my own stuff. Please pardon the crappy photography:

My Sisters of Battle (Retributors not shown):

From another angle:

Two Canonesses, plus Imagifer (who is still a little WIP):

Inquisitor and some of her retinue:

Sister Superiors (bad photo quality, sorry):

And various shots of my Zealots, many of whom still need work:

BTW, I'd like to comment that I really like a lot of the minis that have been posted thus far, especially those of AfrikProphet, Killersquid, Gornon and Objectionator and CheesyRob. Great stuff, guys.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 02:38:53 PM by Scyrex Deledras »

Offline The Chive

« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2009, 09:03:05 AM »
Squid dude I love your half blue half red scheme. I would hav never that of that.
-----28 days, 6 hours, 42 minutes and 12 seconds, the world will end-----

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2009, 06:07:52 PM »
@Scyrex Deledras, I've seen those models! They look great.

Squid dude I love your half blue half red scheme. I would hav never that of that.

Thank you, glad I could expand your mind.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline PIN_H34D

• we kill, because we can
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2009, 06:09:05 PM »
ok here are more of my army its coming along slowly, but surly... here they are:

you all already seen my cannoness and immolator

my exorsist so far

Rhino

a few of my serphan

a few more sisters, they are gonna be politically correct

everything i have painted

my celestians im gonna paint there armor all silver with white robes and put a wash on them, to make them look different

when im completely done with them ill post the finished product here... we got some nice looking WH in here...
« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 06:14:26 PM by PIN_H34D »
Murder, death, that is my entertainment

Offline Scyrex Deledras

« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2009, 07:54:00 PM »
Well done on the politically correct Sisters, PIN_H34D. How did you manage the skin tones? I find that I can never paint dark skin well (as you can see in my pics).

Offline PIN_H34D

« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2009, 06:55:39 AM »
u just use varying tones of citadel paints: scorched brown, dark flesh,tallarm flesh, and elf flesh... seeing as that i suck at dry brushing i just under coat in white primer then put a thin layer of the skin color of choice, then a nice spray sealant...

the main problem i have in the eyes... i wish i could do eyes, hell i have a hard time just doing black dots...lol let alone real looking eyes... tho i wish i knew how
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 07:02:02 AM by PIN_H34D »

Offline Gornon

• Emperor's Quill | I... I just don't want to talk about it
  • Ancient
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2009, 11:36:33 AM »
the main problem i have in the eyes... i wish i could do eyes, hell i have a hard time just doing black dots...lol let alone real looking eyes... tho i wish i knew how

I feel you.  It's just not worth it, IMO.  Due to a human's ability to pick out eyes so easily, any mistake of the eyes is instantly noticeable, making the unit look less well done and somewhat creepy or inhuman.  I just go with the Roman statue blank eye look.
"Lift not my head from bloody ground,
Bear not my body home,
For all the earth is Roman earth
And I shall die in Rome."
-G.K. Chesterton, The Ballad Of The White Horse

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-Carl von Clausewitz, Prussian Military Theorist

Background Board Poster of the Year, '09

Offline PIN_H34D

« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2009, 12:11:46 PM »
i know this is where we r supposed to show SOB, GK,INQ but this kindof follows the theme... its my SoB objective marker. hows it look? im really proud of it (took me like 3 hrs b/c had to whate til glue dried to aply more rubble on top of it and paint to dry to add more stuff...)

what im gonna do is make 12 of them, and every time i win a game fighting a race i never won fighting before im gonna a head of that race and paint it there colors and do the same as this one... i still need to do a Tau, i whoop Tau every time i play, and i have wone 2 out of 4 games with Chaos (seen in pic)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 12:14:13 PM by PIN_H34D »

Offline Gornon

• Ancient
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2009, 01:09:31 PM »
Looks solid to me, I like it, and I like your trophy rack idea, too.  Rubs some salt into the wound.   :) 
Bear not my body home,

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-Carl von Clausewitz, Prussian Military Theorist

Offline Cpl_Hicks

« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2009, 04:10:09 PM »
Scyrex Deledras:

I love your zealots!

It's great you kept with the female theme.

Lots of great looking arimies everybody!
It's ALL about the power klaws.

Offline AfrikProphet

• My Music Blog and (soon to be) Podcast home
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2009, 03:14:13 AM »
Here are two WIP squads that I finally think are decent enough to put up on the intertubes.

first up is my seraphim squad. i need to put them on lower bases and do some more detailing and skin highlights on them. I'm holding off on putting the jump packs on untill I figure out how I am going ot mount them on there new bases. They are just too tall at the moment and tall T3 figures don't last very long in these true line of sight days.

I am debating doing the teeth of the chainsword a metalic blue or red.

here is the rest of the squad minus one of the flamers that broke off her base

up next is the first of my rasta themed IG. It seemed a natural fit for elements of a prophetic, icon loaded religious tradition to morph in to the cult of the emperor. now I just need to find some stencils of Haile Selasi and Lions of Zion for the vehicles.

Pictured is the command squad for my first inducted guard platoon. I only have the base colors and a bit of drybrushing done but they are shaping up nicely.

the ill fated test mini (why did I do that green inkwash!)

I green stuffed hats and dreads to make the Tanith models fit the theme. I think I might toss in some of the new Catachans for variety. They don't look as grossly steroidal as the older plastics.

Here is a view of JO Tosh. I used the Dorden Tanith fig for him. I think of all of the Tanith minis it's the most expressive and realistic. The dreads were greenstuffed and I am going to redo the paint. I wanted to give them a sun bleached red look but I think I was too exhausted by the time I got to it so it just looks like a smear now. but still not bad for the first time Green stuffing hair.

enjoy!

Offline Scyrex Deledras

« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2009, 07:41:41 AM »
So far your squads are looking pretty good, AfrikProphet. I rather like the idea of a Rasta-Guard army (I think it's a theme that's been touched on before in the "Show you IG army" thread). I look forward to seeing further progress on your army.

Offline Gornon

• Ancient
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2009, 11:36:46 AM »
I like the green and silver.  It looks well together, and makes me think of Spring.  Snow laced with new green and all that.
Bear not my body home,

Offline Mal

« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2009, 11:48:45 AM »
Hello,

Here are a few pics from my SOB army.  I stopped at 1850 points and have since started a DH and Eldar army.....

Offline Scyrex Deledras

« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2009, 12:23:29 PM »
(jaw drops)

Those Sisters are beautiful! I wish I could paint to that quality...

Offline PIN_H34D

« Reply #37 on: April 5, 2009, 11:25:42 AM »
i finally finished my Celestians... here they are (there on my spray bpard, im about to seal them)

Offline Gornon

• Ancient
« Reply #38 on: April 5, 2009, 11:37:30 AM »
Very nice.  Is that a copper color you used for their armor?
Bear not my body home,

Offline PIN_H34D

« Reply #39 on: April 5, 2009, 01:38:38 PM »
Very nice.  Is that a copper color you used for their armor?

no i actually painted boltgun silver then washed it in red..

my army colors are red armor and white robes, so i whanted them to have the same thing but look different, so i think that works