News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Craftworld idea  (Read 1495 times)

Offline Warlock_Athylm

• Welcome to my Nightmare
Craftworld idea
« on: February 10, 2002, 12:12:22 AM »
The Craftworld

Before the time of the fall there were many who saw the destruction and ran, and there are those who spoke out.  Before the fall the people of my craftworld let out a last call to all those wise enough to come with us, many of the paths joined us, but of the most there was the path of seer and the path of exile.  The craftworld was launched far before the fall but a strong presence held them.  For with strong pity of those who are to die comes strong rebellion of those condemned to die.  Even in the beginning of his birth there was resistance to those of great phycic power.  With the warlocks and farseers on the planet the first to be ensnared in slanashes great trap was us.  The leader and great farseer was gorthon.  Gorthon made a last attempt to break free as the fall began and slannashes grip loosened for the time of his birth.  But Gorthon could not do it alone, farseers joined him in his quest before all but 3 farseers endoured to care for the surviving craftworld were left behind.  All the others huddled on the farst outstretch of the craftworld concentrating there power, all concentrating into the mighty spirit stone as there bodies could not hold it, as the infinity circuit grew  strong they grew strong, and all at once a mighty war of the minds lashed at slannash and held him in battle for his eternal life with the farseers of our homeland, in this instant slannashed grip apon the craftworld was free and the warp opened to engulf the world, however  that long catwalk that the great and many farseers were apon was not to be drawn into the safety of the warp, they remained to battle slannash for mear minutes more as the craftworld was set free.  What happened to the high councils mortal shells is not known however there souls were captured in the spirit stones, by what method we do not know.  It is said that for there bravery Asurmen took their souls to the infinity circuit before his battle with the monster god.  In recent times they are referred to as the council of Gorthon.  Asurmens presence has been recorded in many a battle of the craftworld.  Over the years after the fall the three farseers guided there children onto the paths, they lived beyond all expectancies and masked the craftworld with powerful adaptations of conceal that could be taken to engulf the entire craftworld at a time.  More had to be trained however to embrace this skill, and so the order of the high warlock was given upon the craftworld, if the warlock wished it when it came time to become a farseer they could decline in favor of advancing there powers as a warlock and therefore become a high warlock.  As it was it still today is, high warlocks rule the planet, with the farseers as mear guides.  The high council of warlocks are able to adapt and double there powers in combat.   The paths of the craftworld are many and all.  the most recognizible paths however are the ranger and that of the warlock and the seer.  Also the path of exile is honored for had it not been for the courage of an exile the message of slannashs birth would never have reached the empire of the Eldar.  Yes, no council men of any craftworld would dare speak such a thing as the fall, and so it was placed in the hands of Tethorin, the ranger.  It is because of his honesty that this craftworld lives to its brilliance.  In this day the farseers are hard at work do undertand the past and deter it from resembling the future. The craftworld will accept any allie apart from the orks, the necron, and all those created by slannash.  They however have been known to allie with the tyranid from time to time.  The high warloack is able to speak to the hive mind and therefore decern with this other ancient entity and decide if battle is nessicary.    The craftworld follows: the same variable army listings as the altoic with the following eceptions.  

Warlocks are independent characters, and are no longer bound to the farseers like dogs.  

Able to be upgraded to Higher Warlocks.
                      Pts  WS BS S T W   I   A   Ld  Sv
                    +20   4/  4/  4/ 4/  1/  5/ 2/   10/  +4
                         Higher Warlocks are able to use all Phycic Powers offered to Farseers w/ exception to Mind war and Eldrich Storm, these powers must take test as farseers would.  Because warlock phycic powers are not taken tests for they are regared as traits of one person and so the farseer only counts as using one phycic ability per turn if it uses fortune or guide and one of the powers below.  Also if equipped with warlock power they are as follows

conceal- +4 cover saves
 enhance- +2 to WS and I
 embolden=inspiring(see Avatar entry)
 Destructor= 5/4 Assault 2, (may place template twice)

If any of these equipped to High Warlocks they come at double the price.
Higher Warlock still equipped with Rune Armor  
"Only as i walked through the valley of the dead did i realize the awsome power of the Eldar..."

Offline Farseer Marius

• I married Jain Zaire and have 3 howling banshees!
Re:Craftworld idea
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2002, 12:25:30 PM »
Cool...  I've been playing Biel-Tan ever since I read the by line that went along with them.  I was a big Battle Star Galactica Fan and see the Biel-Tan as more in their mold.  Although I've been playing it strictly Biel-Tan, I've been inspired by this page to change it to a more original aspect, while adhering to the Biel-Tan gaming stats and color (I'm not going to repaint!).  My vision of my craftworld's birth (Not named yet) concurs with the pages view of what happened witht he Birht of Slaneesh.  My home world was a military installation hidden planet-side on what one of the Eldar Home worlds similar in form and function as the variuos installions we have today, i.e. the Pentagon, CINCPAC, Cheyenne Mountains, etc.  When the black hole or worm hole formed that was the Eye, this military logistics center performed an emergency evac, as it was designed to do in the event of catastrophe, waiting as long as possible to gather the joint chiefs of staff and their families, etc.
I envision them as being ready to evac as they undoubtedly knew this was coming (Assuming Army Chaplains are more pragmatic than the ones in Rome), or at least acknowledged this as possible immediate future as foreseen by Farseer Marius' probings of the warp (Like when the pentagon runs WW3 simulations on supercomputers ala "Wargames").  I envision these warnings of possible terror being ignored as alarmist by the Saim-Han-type and closet Dark Eldar nobles, who were likely the ones who were helping to cause this calamity and saw these warnings as libellous attacks against them.  I envision these nobles using their influence on members of the Alaitoc-type Authority class under their sway to create "intrigues at court" to censor or silence these hysteric nonsense from the military looking to increase its budget from getting out to the general public.  Needless to say, when the Eye was born, much of Eldar society was unprepared.
My Biel-Tan Craftworld escaped and looked for/communicated with military elements known to be on patrol, known military outpost along the frontier, and lastly visiting mercantile colonies within said outposts' jurisdiction who would've been cut off with the demise of the Warp Gates of their homeworld.  I'm going to polish this up a little and work it like it was CINPAC, which has ultimate answering authority to the Pentagon. (I think.  I'm not military...  I just read a lot of Tom Clancy)  My thinking is if CINCPAC managed to get its HQ off the earth in a craftworld, as would've the Pentagon, then they'd be responsible for the Pacific Forces, as its Atlantic counterpart would the Atlantic fprces, both ultimately organized and accounted for by senior staff at the Pentagon.  They will work together closely at the start to help hold together what remnants exist and establish marital law as a course to establishing some order.  Their goal is to regroup remaining assets, and redeploy them as effeciently as possible to restoring their world order.  
Unfortunately, I think the damage is to great to recover to normalcy, & ey weren't the only ones to have had the resources to build craftworld escape boats:  I'm sure the Eldar "Vaticans" are each hiding one, each home world's sear of power (D.C., Moscow, Beijing, etc.), a few noble families (Envision Warren Buffet, family and friends, joined by the families of favored managers at GIECO, Boston Globe, Coke, etc.).  They may not want to adhere to the Biel-Tan vision of the eldar future.