News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Chain story  (Read 2321 times)

Offline Purple Raine

• The Ultra N00bie
  • Administrator
  • Let's put a smile on that face.
    • About Me
Chain story
« on: January 26, 2002, 04:16:53 AM »
OK, I recall someone mentioning that they'd like to see a chain story ... it sounds like a cool idea, but I'd like to know what is the real definition of a chain story, and what are the limitations and rules (if any)?  What do you do to start, etc?

Just a fan of this awesome site.

Offline Jiaurtel

• As Ynnead rises Death shall reign supreme!
Re:Chain story
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2002, 04:23:33 PM »
Well basically one person drops the idea like
Lets write something about a Scorpion Exarch
Then there are length rules
Single paragrahp under 200 words
Then something to limit it from becoming a cheerleader orgy when some sex-starved teenager decides to write about a Wych rape during the battle
Exarch is in a battle versus a Space Wolf chapter. They are an overwhelming force of the 2nd company and have all Squad types represented. Exarch is fully decked out and starts the Battle infiltrating.
So that limits weird and strange sidelines. Then we outline continuation effects
The last writer has to offer the next writer at least 3 option to continue. Must be very general and flow with his own story
Say they Scorps squad Charge a Whirlwind detachement and there are Devastators nearby and Bikers on the other side of the hill. Whirlwind blow from Haywire grenades in 150 words and then the options.
a) Scorps charge the Devastators
b) Devastators punch holes through the squad with heavy Bolters and they start to fall back to regroup behind the whirlwing
c) bikes swoop in to claim vengeance

Clear enough?
PS Raine get the rank thing working plz. I'd like to see some variety in the board. I am tired of the whole Aspect Warrior routine. When you have time of course no pressure ;)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2002, 04:26:24 PM by Jiaurtel »