News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Aeldari Empire vs Imperium  (Read 3236 times)

Offline Farseer Laetri

• Newest
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Aeldari Empire vs Imperium
« on: June 18, 2019, 09:27:04 AM »
So I am just wondering. If the old Aeldari Empire faces off with the original Imperium where papa Emps are alive and well with all his goldyhood, who will win? I am new here by the way :)

Offline Blazinghand

• Warlock | Master of the Ravenwing
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Die for the Emperor or die trying!
  • Armies: Eldar, Orks
Re: Aeldari Empire vs Imperium
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2019, 09:36:11 AM »
So I am just wondering. If the old Aeldari Empire faces off with the original Imperium where papa Emps are alive and well with all his goldyhood, who will win? I am new here by the way :)

Welcome! Well, the winner would probably be the ruinous powers, who would feed on the conflict and the mayhem. A lot of this would also have to do with how these things played out. Does Slaanesh still exist? If not, why not, or is he nascent and likely to explode into existence at any moment? Will the Primarchs spark a civil war that will consume the Imperium, mortally wound the Emperor, and unmake his plans? Or will they be loyal? What about Angron?

For both the Eldar civilization at its peak, and the Imperium during the crusades, their downfalls were written in the stars long before the actual falls happened. How exactly these things played out, or didn't play out, likely determines more about this conflict than anything else.
Quote from: Howard Zinn
There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people.

Offline Wyddr

• Author Eminence: Hereticus Liber Daemonica | Fio'shas Shi
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • My blog about SF/F stuff
  • Armies: Daemons, Imperial Fists, Tau, Ksons, Vostroyans
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2019, 10:10:12 AM »
My money's on the ancient Eldar since they just created things by thinking about them and humans were still building stuff with their hands like chumps.

Eldar: We need a battleship. (Get the fellas together, sing a cool song) (BAMF) Hey! Cool ship!

Humanity: We need a battleship.
AdMech: Please begin by filling out these forms.
Humanity: But there's...a million pages here.
AdMech: Yes--we figured you were in a rush.

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2019, 08:09:32 AM »
If we are talking about the peak of both civilization (pre-fall Eldar) where the webway was fully operational I don't see the imperials lasting. The Eldar commanded the stars, good bye sun, farewall Mars and Terra.  Now if we assume that that quote is nothing but boasting, they still owned most of the known galaxy. Resources, technology, logistics, speed. The only real question is how much Damage the Imperium would do, before Eldar arrogance was humbled enough to pay them real attention.

Offline Sir_Godspeed

• Lazerous Penguin
  • "Bees. My God" was an obscure Batman quote.
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2019, 06:46:56 PM »
There are a few factors around:

- The Eldar Had the Webway, a more efficient method of interstellar travel.
- The Eldar claim to have to be able to spark and extinguish suns.
- The Eldar Empire seems to have been very concentrated, almost entirely located within the modern eye of terror (which is an odd trait when compared to its superior logistics - possibly implying that the Webway was inherited from the Old Ones).

Offline Kage2020

• Knower of Things
  • Ancient
  • Mar a tha, mar a bha, mar a bhitheas vyth go bragh
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2022, 01:27:59 AM »
Quote from: Sir_Godspeed l...possibly implying that the Webway was inherited from the Old Ones).
[/quote
Don't fall to Imperial propaganda. The Eldar might have inherited the Webway from the Old Ones, but they took it up and far surpassed the technology of the originators. (At least according to the old 'fluff'.)

Sorry for the necro. Hopefully it's not "slap worthy".