News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Host of Dann  (Read 7139 times)

Offline Saim-Dann

Re: Host of Dann
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2017, 01:36:24 AM »
Thanks Dread! Cavalier got me on to them. Have been dice testing with 3 loaded with pulse lasers... Oh my!

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2017, 06:53:13 AM »
Now you are cooking with fire! Make sure you magnetize... those Pulse Lasers are probably gonna increase in points. Can't wait to see them painted up!
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Saim-Dann

« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2017, 07:27:14 AM »
I here you, Cavalier. Glued the twin-linked scatter lasers to my Wave Serpents when they had the targeting rule. Then came along 7th ed... Doh! Only just read now about the web-way rule with the Corsairs. Oh-my-giddy-Aunt! Thought it would be worth having a small amount of them in my host just to have that ability. Then discovered there can't be more Codex Eldar than Corsairs. Again... Doh!
See you in the threads, mate!

Offline Saim-Dann

« Reply #23 on: May 4, 2017, 10:07:11 PM »
Progress so far. The photo's don't really show the blend. Will endeavour to improve my photography by the time they are finished. Just another coat on the canopy, weapons, highlighting and gems to go... Just he says. Ha!

Offline dog_of_war

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Orks, Chaos Space Marines, Eldar, Dark Eldar
« Reply #24 on: May 5, 2017, 12:39:45 AM »
Looking good so far. Is that a transfer or did you free hand that rune?

Offline Saim-Dann

« Reply #25 on: May 5, 2017, 12:51:54 AM »
It's a transfer, DoG. My days of free handing runes are long gone. Basic shapes like the one on Space Wolf shoulder pads are still within my grasp, but the majestic flow of the Eldar runes? Not since 3rd ed, mate.

With my photography skills I probably could have gotten away with a porky pie. Thanks for the reply.

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #26 on: May 5, 2017, 07:05:41 AM »
Very cool. I like how its sort of an old school Ulthwe look... like the original painting of the Falcon which was just straight black (and totally badass). Love the little red plate, thats very cool... sorta matches the aesthetic of how the Corsairs colorplates in IA:11 too. Very simple, but striking color schemes. Similar to the Void Dragons really. I dig it.

I think you'll find the hornets highlight up REALLY fast. Nothing at all like the Wave Serpent which is just highlight, after highlight.

Looking good! Keep it up!

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Saim-Dann

« Reply #27 on: May 5, 2017, 07:28:26 AM »
Thanks for the respect, Cavalier. Yes, the design was inspired from the Void Dragons, and so will the rest of the host. Maaaybe they will get away with being Black Guardians in some games... Maaaybe? 

Offline Saim-Dann

« Reply #28 on: May 8, 2017, 12:47:59 AM »
Will need your help to make up my mind on shading choices. Can't decide for the weapons on the Hornets to be black or white, ( Have been staring at them to long). White makes sense with the fluff of Saim-Hann. However, black does look mean as. Will leave it in your capable hands.

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
« Reply #29 on: May 8, 2017, 05:44:10 AM »
Let me think.......WHITE! For sure.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #30 on: May 8, 2017, 06:56:03 AM »
Yeah I think the white looks better. Red could work too though...

BTW did you start highlighting? Or is that just the natural light? If so it looks damn good! Can't wait to see where this goes. Keep it up Saim-Dann!

Offline Saim-Dann

« Reply #31 on: May 8, 2017, 07:45:23 AM »
G'day Dread!
Yeah; I kind of thought that after seeing the photos. Thought the brightness of the white might be to overpowering, but I agree with you. It looks just fine. Thank you for your thoughts on the matter.

Hey Cavalier!
The edges haven't been highlighted in this photo. The top of the hull and wings have been blended from Machanicus standard grey to black. My large brush is going a little funky so the blending isn't as good as I would have liked. Will give it one more coat with a new brush, then the edging will be done. Thank you for the encouragement.

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Once held an Utter Fear of Tiny Diamonds
  • Armies: I 'play' Eldar. Or at least horde unpainted models
« Reply #32 on: May 8, 2017, 03:14:29 PM »
White looks way better Said-Dann. But as Can says, Red may be worth a trial too, and would fit well with your army. The white just pops and brings the piece to life though.
WD127 - Started a Love Affair my Wallet Just Can't Cope With...

Offline Saim-Dann

« Reply #33 on: May 9, 2017, 02:13:24 AM »
This is the reason our postie receives a 6 pack every Xmas. Next project post Hornets.

Post Merge: May  9, 2017, 11:46:02 PM
In the future, please use the modify button. Double posting is against the forum rules, and for that reason, the system merged your posts.

Ok! Having a crack at the red weapons. What do you thing guys? Black, white or red?
« Last Edit: May 9, 2017, 11:46:04 PM by Saim-dann »

Offline Ynneadwraith

• Corsair
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2017, 07:14:06 PM »
Nice! I must pick up some more Wraithguard actually. I've got a neat idea for them :)

Hmmm, it's a real toss-up between the white and the red. I honestly can't decide...
Check out my Eldar, Exodites, Corsairs and Croneworlders :)

Eldar, Exodites, Corsairs and Croneworlders!

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2017, 10:03:26 PM »
The white looks great, it might be the picture but something looks a little off with the red, the work you've done on the Gems doesn't stand out as much on the Red. The blacks could work but they need some highlights or something.

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2017, 01:13:16 AM »
White.....ah, hmm......white! The red maybe with a yellow highlight, something to lighten it up.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2017, 08:14:45 AM »
I like the red ones (I know go figure lol). Nice tie in and gives a good splash color. Plus it reminds me more of the Void Dragons which I like. But I think the white looks equally good, I just favor the red.

Offline Saim-Dann

« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2017, 07:31:55 AM »
G'day Ynneadwraith!
Thanks for your reply. Cannot wait to see what YOU do with Wraithguard.

Hey Magenb!
Your right about the red. Am still tossing up between black or white. Thanks for clicking in.

Hi Dread!
Have decided not to go with the red. Could go your way with the white. Cheers for popping in.

G'day Cavalier!
The red doesn't play well with the blue gem, (Yes I've changed my mind again and went with the blue). Will have to wait and see on the next upload as to what I've decided. Thanks for stopping by.

Everybody:
Thank you all so much for your opinions and advise. You've helped heaps.

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Once held an Utter Fear of Tiny Diamonds
  • Armies: I 'play' Eldar. Or at least horde unpainted models
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2017, 12:57:11 PM »
I might be too late to the party, but for what it's worth, I think that the white looks better than the red.

That said, I would change one thing with the white weapons; Red gems. It will tie in with the black/red motif of your army a bit better and I think red gems will stand out really well on the white background.
WD127 - Started a Love Affair my Wallet Just Can't Cope With...