News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Focke Wulf Guard  (Read 15814 times)

Offline vonny

• I *LOVE* 40k OFFline!
  • Armies: Tyranids, Lamenters (BA), Eldar (Iyanden), 1k Sons
Re: Focke Wulf Guard
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2016, 04:39:20 AM »
the white looks very crisp indeed! but what I like the most is the color his armour has. Very neat shade. And of course the camo looks just ace, but that's kinda what I've come to expect every time I open this topic :)

I've had some issues with replacing colors too. Iyanden Darksun should have been replaced, but the replacement color is of such a different value that I couldn't quite use it. So I feel your pain.

check out my Iyanden painting blog.

Offline The Black Dahlia Murder

• NRPH forever...
« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2016, 01:24:40 PM »
Thanks \(0u0)/

Honestly, I hate painting white. But I figured out how to paint it a good way. Start with a light grey base, then a layer of 50 50 white light grey then straight white.

More loyal Guardsmen for the 1st Focke Wulf division.

This last guy's camouflage fatigues is my favorite. Based on the Soviet KMKL. Biggest difference is that the Soviet's pattern is blocks while mine are straight lines for the light grey. But it's must easier and faster to paint this camouflage vs the SS camouflage.

The next thing I'm working on will be more riflemen but starting to paint my armor. Lots of tanks.

• NRPH forever...
« Reply #42 on: August 2, 2016, 05:07:27 PM »

Comrade Commissar Chainman Meow watching the progress of the Focke Wulf Guard.

This guy is special to me. My friend and fellow 40k Online member painted this guy for me before he left for the Navy. Only did some touch ups before sealing him. I don't know what to make him. Something for the command squad.

I have more Guardsmen done. I wonder if this 'complex' camouflage counts as camo cloaks for veterans. Not really a clock but still complex.

Offline vonny

• I *LOVE* 40k OFFline!
  • Armies: Tyranids, Lamenters (BA), Eldar (Iyanden), 1k Sons
« Reply #43 on: August 3, 2016, 05:12:53 PM »
That's awesome, those little gifts people give eachother, painted and everything.

Also, I would totally count that as camo cloaks, if only for the cool factor.

and last, but not least: pretty kitteh! I have 2 of those at home, and funnily enough my local gaming store recently had a whole series of kitties interfering with/looking at painting pics period in the what'sapp group. So this seemed to fit right in!
check out my Iyanden painting blog.

Offline Mr.Peanut (Turtleproof)

• Ride Like Lightning, Crash Like Thunder | Infinity Circuit | Pork Sword of Mod-Justice | Took the basket, nuts and lol | Good grief, ye hennie pennies
  • Ancient
  • Turtleposting At The Speed Of SHift
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Eldar, Sigmarines, Chaos, Demons
« Reply #44 on: August 4, 2016, 07:19:56 PM »
I'm impressed that you painted every part of that cogitator, down to individual colors for each wire.

However you want to game it I like the complex camo scheme.  The traditional camouflage looks good up close, the complex pattern looks good from near and far.
You are
What you do
When it counts
     -The Masao
"Getting what you want can be dangerous.

• NRPH forever...
« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2016, 07:37:11 PM »

Two more Guardsmen for the ranks.

It is a pain to paint each wire but it looks good at the end. I'm planning to do that with each wire on every model. Wires in the real world is mostly different colors.

I brought up the whole camo cloaks because it seems like a lot of people paint their Guardsmen one color. In the real world, most camouflage is multiple colors, not one color.

The cat can be a pain in the butt while modeling. Most of the time I do my modeling in the basement with a baby gate blocking the way in. But I do paint upstairs when I want to be in the light, he can be a pain in the butt. Whacking paint bottles off the table is his favorite thing to do.

Offline Aurics Pride

• Aspect Warrior
  • I tread the hidden path.....
  • Armies: Eldar, Raven Guard, Slaanesh
« Reply #46 on: August 21, 2016, 06:22:11 AM »
The camo is looking good! I hate trying to paint camo patterns, I am never happy with how they turn out!
+++ VICTORUS AUT MORTIS +++

My Army Blog (Corsair & Raven Guard: Here

• NRPH forever...
« Reply #47 on: August 21, 2016, 09:45:59 PM »
Im really hard on myself when it comes to these schemes. Took me years to figure out what i want on these guys.

• NRPH forever...
« Reply #48 on: September 1, 2016, 07:27:42 PM »

Three more done and still have a bunch to go.