News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: The 40kOnline Forum Awards 2008: Best Writer [Fiction] Nominations  (Read 1274 times)

Offline -Makenshi-

• I See Stupid People
  • Ancient
EDIT - Please, don't use shorthand or nicknames for people. I don't know everyone on the site, nor do I know all of their nicknames ;).

The 40kOnline Forum Awards 2008.

See the above for the rules and specifics of the Forum Awards, and use the linked thread for general questions.

Make your nominations for the Best Writer [Fiction] here in this thread or through PMing me (though clearly title it so I can easily tell what it's about). The only limit is that you can not nominate the previous winner, which was in this case was Locarno.

Only one nomination per person please.

Nominees
  • Bluewpc [2]
  • FireMahSeaOttas' [3]

~MTWC
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 03:13:41 PM by -Makenshi- »
Quote from: IainC
Because spamming the hotkey for a Deathknight's weapon in WoW is precisely the same as learning to use a sword in real life. That's why when Kendo grandmasters fight, they just stand there shouting keystroke combos at each other.

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
Re: The 40kOnline Forum Awards 2008: Best Writer [Fiction] Nominations
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2008, 04:31:44 PM »
I know some of his work started last year and carried over into 2008, but still, with stories like Leptis, Empire of the Mind, the Daemon, and deeds of the dead, I'll have to nominate Bluewpc.

Offline Sir Sam Vimes

• Wych
  • Pontificator Extremis of Goovil
    • http://amrothdin.deviantart.com/
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2008, 10:14:27 AM »
FireMahSeaOttas', fka FireMahLazer.

Just love your stuff.

Offline -Makenshi-

• I See Stupid People
  • Ancient
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2008, 11:23:06 AM »
I think a few people have misunderstood the 'one vote per person' rule (especially in the board-specific nomination threads), so I'd just like to make it clear:

You can nominate one person per category, however you can not nominate the person who won it the previous year and you can not nominate yourself.

The 'one nomination per person' pertains only to each category, so you can't nominate two people for the same award. You can nominate someone for every award out there if you so wish (obviously not the same person though, as no-one is that active, not even Rasmus :P). You can also second/third/etc. someone who has already been nominated, although how many times someone has been nominated only comes into account if we have more than 8 nominees, in which case the ones with the most nominations go through.

Hope that clears things up.

~MTWC
Quote from: IainC
Because spamming the hotkey for a Deathknight's weapon in WoW is precisely the same as learning to use a sword in real life. That's why when Kendo grandmasters fight, they just stand there shouting keystroke combos at each other.

Offline Tauir - "The Shadow"

• Infinity Circuit
  • I'm back
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2008, 07:09:42 PM »
That weird see ottah fellow. He always seem to be snooping round here.
Whoa there.

Offline Rusk

• My single model. In EEEVILLL lighting
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2008, 05:52:36 AM »
FireMahSeaOttas or bluewpc, i'd say... though blue hasn't been seen for a loooooong time. I'd like to nominate FireMahSeaOttas, as - like someone else said - he's always snooping around, and when he comments in your work, he uses C+C, not 'you're crap, give it up', like a few others [guilty].

So yeah. I'll nominate FireMahSeaOttas. Now I expect a good speech if you win.

-Rusk
« Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 05:56:13 AM by Rusk »
My 40K Fluff

The Ark of Cruxis - Finished

Offline Khodexus

• BANNED Spammer - Mods simply don't understand
  • I guess I'm just safest not posting anything...
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2008, 03:27:39 AM »
I haven't seen Bluewpc around lately either, but I thik I'll second his nomination.  FireMah SeaOttas' would also be a worthy candidate.  I was actually about to nominate Locarno, but I guess he can't win it twice in a row, *chuckles*.

"-That is all."
Current Projects: Necrondus – the Lost City, Codex: Dark Eldar – Revised.  C&C appreciated.

Dark Eldar Poster of the Year 009.M3 (2009)
BANNED spammer 010.M3 (2010)