News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Magos Biologis: Strains of Terror (Nid Army Pics)  (Read 128391 times)

Offline CobraCommander

Magos Biologis: Strains of Terror (Nid Army Pics)
« on: July 26, 2008, 06:01:55 AM »
File 682425674/) Species 43798 Xenos Fleet
Catalog notes - Private Document 852/excom
Date: 0864513.M41
Subject: Species Record -
Tyranid/Tyran/Tyrant/Xenos
Rating: Caucus Omaga
(Closed dissemination excepting Magos Biologis)

Cross ref to: Inquisitor Kryptman; Inquisitor Czevak; Munitorum Strategic Intelligence Collective 827/II; Magos Biologis High Command

The Magos Biologis have spent countless years trying to tag and catalog each and every Splinter and Hive fleet the Imperium has come across, but it is a laboursome and daunting task and I fear it is foolish to attempt, Omnissiah forgive me. The High Magos has sent out countless exploratory fleets to trail the wondering Tyranid fleets to observe and document their behaviour, but the communications with the exploratory fleets are few and far between, leaving myself to speculate at least half have been destroyed. I have been sent out with the most recent exploratory fleet, and we are currently trailing behind a Beta class splinter fleet that has just finished stripping a world - May the Omnissiah forgive their weak flesh - and have begun moving onwards. I have been ...-GF3&kf-... that there seems to be a hive ship lagging behind the rest of the fleet, apparently damaged beyond use. I have informed the captain that we will be boarding this ...-th78@!€h2-... once it has finally given into its imperfect substance. My cogitator calculates that that will accrue within ...-hsfku-... next three hours. I believe I shall gleam much knowledge from studying this ...-%wgd€-... we shall ...-#hk3jb4-... Find a way to des ...-#*YTg20-... In the name of the Omni-hf4#Fe2IN*-

- Damaged records found in wreckage orbiting the planet Arcs VII quarantined by the Odos Xenos

Hello fellow Tyranid Forum viewers. I've thought it was high time the Tyranid board got its own Army Picture thread. So here it is everyone. Post your Tyranid pictures in here. It doesn't even have to be the your full army. Got a nice squad you want to show off? By all means post em here. Got a really epic scenic model? Post away. You can even use this thread as a visionary timeline of your Tyranid Armies progression from a lowly Splinter Fleet, to a massive and galaxy threatening Hive Fleet. If we get enough responses, the Mods'll even Sticky this for all the forum to see! I'll start us off I suppose.

Splinter Fleet Aquaticus in all its glory!

Broodlord and his Retinue! All their arms were snapped off when I first put them into my army box Lol. I only have one Genestealer with all his arms attached.

Was experimenting with a new colour scheme. I believe the Norm Queen prefers the other one.

My only Zoanthrope. I think he's a little less connected with the hivemind because he hovers slightly to the right... He rides in the back of the Hive Ship.

My Magnetized Carnifex. I've just begun painting the CC upgrades

My first Warrior Squad. They've served me well.

My CC Warrior squad.

Close up of the only finished one. I like how it turned out, but I feel the head is too birdlike.

My Hive Tyrant, its saved my bacon once or twice.

Roar Dakkafex! My first attempt at converting.

My little critters, they'll keep on growing.

My wall of gaunts. So far they've managed a whole 3 turns of shooting since I've had them. Oops, someone wasn't properly pixelated in the genevats it seems.

And there's my army so far. In the works are:

1 Hive Tyrant
8 Genestealers
16 Gaunts
8 Hormogaunts
3 Warriors
1 Zoanthrope

So the Norm Queen's got a lot of work to do. So Again, you don't have to post a whole army, even a few Nids'll work. Conversion and WIP pics welcome.

COOOOBBBBBBBRRRRRRA AAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!
W/L/D for 5th Edition
Splinter Fleet Aquaticus: 0/0/2 - 2.5k total pts
Iron Warriors: 7/1/2 - 4k total pts
W/L/D for 8th Edition
Beastmen: 0/5/2 - 3k total pts

Offline Benandorf

• Waaargh! Orkz Ruinz me Life!
  • Why so heretical?
    • Texas ...TeamPlayers...
Re: Magos Biologis: Strains of Terror (Nid Army Pics)
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2008, 04:17:02 PM »
I love the color scheme!  Course, it's almost exactly what I use (my blue is a bit darker and red is a bit lighter, plus guns are green), but that doesn't change the fact.  Yours are better painted, too.

Also, don't worry about the zoanthrope.  That's the worst built model EVER, which includes it being top-heavy and leaning.  Just don't actually move it or anything, and it shouldn't fall over. :D
Quote from: Yuenglingdragon
When life gives you anything, charge it with Genestealers.
Alarm clock? Genestealers.
Your boss? Genestealers.
The rednecks that cut in front of me at Wal-mart like I didn't have anything better to do than stand in line? Genestealers.

Quote from: unknown
Asking for advice on using VC to beat O&G is like saying "I'm 6'3", work out, and consider myself pretty tough.  Can anyone give me advice on how to beat up the handicapped kid down the street?"

Offline Lucky_Jackal

• I feel akword
  • "What can I say? It's not my cup of tea."
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2008, 04:38:08 PM »
If fix it being top heavy, ues lead shot or sinkers gluded under the base. With a layer or acrilic gloss and a dab or paint mixed together. Helps to weight it down and keep it from being knocked over.

Offline CobraCommander

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2008, 11:38:12 PM »
I'm glad you like them, but please, post pictures of your own armies if you can. No sense having everyone drool over mine when this thread is meant for the whole community. ;)

I don't think I helped the Zoanthropes case when I clipped that bulb off the bottom of the bottom part. I realized the second time around that that's there to help with balance. He's fairly balanced as is, but for the life of me I could never get him to fit straight when I tried to glue the upper and lower torso together, the upper half would always lean to the side. :(

Anyways, take a good look, because I've been experimenting with a new colour scheme. Basically the same, but it's going to be enchanted blue skin, regal blue carapace, and warlock purple insides, with scar red claws and such. If it looks good enough, I may consider redoing my whole army... *shudders at the though* What can I say? I like blue...

Post more pics everyone! I'll be getting one or two more pictures ready for my new scheme, but in the meantime, here's something I've been working on. You can find the related conversion thread here:

http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=166628.0

COOOOOOBBBBBBBRRRRR RRRAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2008, 11:40:53 PM by CobraCommander »
W/L/D for 5th Edition
W/L/D for 8th Edition

Offline Benandorf

• Why so heretical?
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2008, 12:09:32 AM »
I'm glad you like them, but please, post pictures of your own armies if you can. No sense having everyone drool over mine when this thread is meant for the whole community. ;)

Bah, fine, after almost 2 years on this site, I guess I'll finally dig out a camera and post some pics tomorrow.  But I have to warn everyone: I'm not a very good painter, and while I've gotten better recently, most of my 'nids were painted a while ago, so they're mostly painted not very well.  They're playable, but not golden-daemon level by any means.  Also, I think the Zoanthropes and Broodlord have some paint chipping.
Your boss? Genestealers.
The rednecks that cut in front of me at Wal-mart like I didn't have anything better to do than stand in line? Genestealers.

Asking for advice on using VC to beat O&G is like saying "I'm 6'3", work out, and consider myself pretty tough.  Can anyone give me advice on how to beat up the handicapped kid down the street?"

Offline ZethEphdel

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2008, 12:22:56 AM »
Sorry but how do you copy in images?

Offline CobraCommander

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2008, 01:00:04 AM »
Sorry but how do you copy in images?

I personally just use a photo website like photobucket. I then upload my pictures onto the website, and it gives you a URL link that you can just copy and paste into your post, and the picture will show up. There's probably other, more easier ways to do it, but that's just the one I prefer, considering I can edit the photo like cropping and resizing it, so it doesn't take so long to load for others who have slower modems then some.

COOOOBBBBRRRRAAAA!!!!!
W/L/D for 5th Edition
W/L/D for 8th Edition

Offline ZethEphdel

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2008, 11:25:35 AM »
Ok thanks. Here's my army, although not all of its painted, it takes so long!

The big guys:

Ranged synapse:

Close combat guys:

The little guys:

There ya go. Thats just about my army. Still have a lot to do!

Offline CobraCommander

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2008, 01:50:21 PM »
Wow, I really like the colour scheme, and your Warriors and Carnifex look sweet. I like the Warrior with the bigger set of talons. And I agree it does take so long to paint them! But it ends up being worth it in the end. ;D

Now I'm totally motivated to paint more of my stuff, I'll get on it today and post more pictures later.

COOOBBBBRRRRRAAAAA!!!!!
W/L/D for 5th Edition
W/L/D for 8th Edition

Offline Lazarus15

• Fantasy>5th Ed.
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2008, 05:58:16 PM »

Heirophant and Trygon vs. Pair of Revenents

One of two Winged Hive Tyrants

Magnitized and Converted Carnifex (Stands Twice as tall as normal, and lots of green stuff)

Side image of neck regeneration (pick is a little fuzzy)

Scratch Built Spider Tyrant

Trygon

Malanthrope

Choir List vs. Witch Hunters

There is ALOT more, but have no more pictures.  Will get them up within the week.  Cheers.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 05:59:51 PM by Lazarus15 »
Kings of Khemri versus The Master of Change.

Warseer Member Charred Remains about the 5th Ed. "No Retreat Rule" :

"But this 'no retreat rule' thing now just doesn't have any drama.The rule executes with the speed of an oncoming sore throat. It's a slow dickover. Kinda like doing your taxes. I'd vote to change it."

Offline Lord Alliben

• Ripper
  • jo. Ph34r my l33t skillz. B4x4^2!
    • Alliben's Homepage
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2008, 09:24:14 AM »
Here's a little of my army so far. I wish I had more time to paint. Meh. This is a warrior I started on. I liked the red but decided not to do it on the rest of my army. So far only the warrior and a tyrant guard have red bodies.

Here's more of the other bugs:

The dakkafex has been changed to a twin venom cannon fex. I don't like the way either setup looks on it, though. You can see him hiding behind the painted tyrant.

And lastly is my favorite pic so far:

Total Models Painted...
Gaunts: 65
Tyrant: 1
Warrior: 1
Tyrant Guard: 1
Carnifexes: 3

Unpainted:
Gaunts: 50~
Tyrant: 1
Warriors: 5
Zoanthrope: 1
Genestealers: 15
Ripper swarms: 5
Spore mines: 12~

Unassembled:
Warriors: 3
Carnifex: 1
Gaunts: 14
Lictor: 1
Ripper Swarms: 4~

Looks like I still have a long way to go...
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 10:07:56 AM by Lord Alliben »

Offline ZethEphdel

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2008, 09:56:44 AM »
I also really like the red. Good job!

Offline Benandorf

• Why so heretical?
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2008, 06:09:53 PM »
Without further ado, Hive Fleet Hydra:

This is a really dark picture of the my zoanthropes (one who is missing the upper body due to being the worst model ever), my spore mines, and my two beloved Biovores (I only have 2 because I've been proxying a 3rd while I tried to find another old Biovore, which is currently in the mail from e-bay.)

(My warriors are next in the line-up, but I seemed to have forgotten to get specific pics of them, so you'll see them in the over-all views at the end)

Here are my termagants, most of them very, very poorly painted.  You can tell which ones have been painted more recently because they're the ones that don't look awful, only mediocre (hint: they have red caps on their guns).

Here's a poor photo of my Tyrant Guard (which is not completely painted) and my beloved Dakkatyrant (which is probably the best painted model in my 'nids).  These are the most recent I've painted (sometime back in February...), so they're actually decent looking.

My flyrant!  Devourer of worlds, destroyer of armor saves, roller of penetrating hits!  Painted decently, though not all of it was my work (I didn't re-prime when I got him, just painted over the colors).  The photo is bad, but I'm just really bad at photography.  His paint is a little chipped due to the major reconstructive surgery he had to undergo after a tussle with the floor at one of the Lucky 13 events (he did at least kill a Shadowsword before he took a nose dive from the table).

Hormagants, most of them not painted.  You can see one of them I converted using Genestealer scything talons up close.  Sorry again for the mediocre pictures, but nothing of interest here.

Here are my carnifexes, a Sniper and Dakka.  The Dakka's painted pretty well, and was custom built by someone at my LGS who traded it to me for the Ol' One Eye model I found in the bitz bin.  I put on the guns myself ;D

Here are my rippers, the green ones I bought a while back and haven't had the heart to prime over them.  I don't use them much due to the fact that rippers are kinda meh (though running in 5th helps them a lot, so they'll probably get some use now).

Lastly, my genestealers and Broodlord!  I didn't get them all in the picture, but I have about 50 of them, with about 20 of them painted.  Also there's the space marine I converted for no real reason and it isn't actually anything.

And here's an overview, from the left, center, and right.  My warriors are in the left one, and are poorly painted because they were painted back when I took about 15 minutes a model and didn't double or triple coat on any colors ever.

Ah, yes, before someone asks, those other models behind my 'nids are my Orc and Goblin army (not all of it, just about 2/3 of the models).  I had them out working on them because I was converting some spearmen into non-spearmen, and didn't want to put them away.  The few that are painted are painted to a very high standard for me, and the Warboss on the boar is only about half-painted (with the ugly colors on the boar going away by the time he's finished)

Anyways, there you have it, my mostly unpainted Tyranid army.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 06:15:46 PM by Benandorf »
Your boss? Genestealers.

Offline Germ

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2008, 06:25:05 PM »
I guess this means its my turn  :-X.

Offline ZethEphdel

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2008, 11:41:43 PM »
Blue seems quite popular, I wonder why?

Offline Akaiyou

• Little Angry Man: Serial Flamer - BANNED
PICS: My Tyranid Army
« Reply #15 on: August 2, 2008, 07:24:07 AM »
For those that want to see a massive tyranid list here's some old pics i took.

I asked my best friend's ex-girlfriend to paint these for me, it's a work in progress she's starting with the CC units i'll post more pics when I have a substantial amount of them painted.

Hope you like.

Edit: I thought you'd like to see what kind of color scheme i'm aiming for.
given that tyranids are NOT friggin bugs, they are meant to be dinosaur/reptilian like, i opted to paint them green and because i have such a huge list i'd opted to color code their carapace and weapons to more easily make 'em out in the field of battle.

All CC nids are employing a Red and Green color scheme. Here are pics of my Lictor, Broodlord and Hive Tyrant.

All credit goes to Kasmira for these she's done an awesome job don't you think?
« Last Edit: August 2, 2008, 08:22:05 AM by Akaiyou »
Member BANNED for serial flaming despite several warnings.

Offline xmakina

Re: PICS: My Tyranid Army
« Reply #16 on: August 2, 2008, 09:30:39 AM »
Cool bugs :P

/troll

Offline Lonewolf

• Cthulhu cultist, The Final Solution | Swarmlord | Staff Soap Spotter
  • Ancient
  • Murdering armies since 2003 - retired since 2012
« Reply #17 on: August 2, 2008, 12:19:41 PM »
Topics merged

No problem, I'll give you a 100% increase in pay effective immediately and retroactive to 1999.

Offline Akaiyou

• Little Angry Man: Serial Flamer - BANNED
« Reply #18 on: August 2, 2008, 12:37:00 PM »
green FTW!
Member BANNED for serial flaming despite several warnings.

Offline Lord Alliben

• Ripper
  • jo. Ph34r my l33t skillz. B4x4^2!
    • Alliben's Homepage
« Reply #19 on: August 4, 2008, 09:34:55 AM »
Haha! Awesome. And from the cold depths of space comes a new alien menace... Hive Fleet Christmas! Unwrapping death in a galaxy near you!

It will be interesting to see the entire army painted up like this. Must be nice to have someone to paint for you. I never have the time to paint. Otherwise I'd have my army finished by now. Oh well. She's doing well, I was just never really a fan of the shiny paints. What kind of paints are those, anyway?

Your friend did pretty well. I like the red. That's a LOT of models for one girl to paint though. Poor kid.