News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Assassins question  (Read 924 times)

Offline tryanotherone - smurfernating

• SPAMMER: I swear I am not an ad-bot!
  • Pray hard - life is short!
Assassins question
« on: February 26, 2008, 05:34:31 PM »
Just one simple question.

Would assassins from different temples work together if they had the same mission (assuming one assassin isn't enough for the job)?

If so, how close would that cooperation be?
Taking a very long break.

The Rumour Mill - bending the fabric of time and space

Remember Brimstone - legends live forever

Offline Heretek

• General Freyberg | Out, damn'd Grot! | Ork Boy
  • Lazerous Penguin
Re: Assassins question
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 05:40:00 PM »
They are all part of the same organisation, it doesn't seem unlikely that they would work in concert.

Although I think cooperation would be a case of knowing each other was there, and little more. Given the different roles of each Assassin I don't think they'd be capable of working too closely with one another. But I can see a Vindicare giving an Eversor covering fire as he closes on a target. Or a Callidus maneuvering a target into position for a shot from a Vindicare, both taking out a target and allowing the Callidus to maintain its cover.

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
  • From the Fourth Necromantic House
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 05:53:07 PM »
If more than one assassin is being dispatched to the same target it seems to me that each of them isn't trusted to actually complete the mission. Perhaps an instance of Imperial bureaucratic infighting where each fraction wants "their" minion to complete the mission and thus discredit the others.

It would be better for each assassin to remain completely oblivious to the presence of the others for security reasons. Compartmentalised knowledge. Of course it's possible that one may detect another through their actions.
Quote from: @TracyAuGoGO
Tact is for people who are too slow witted to be sarcastic.
Drink
Knights Tippler
Quote from: Surviving the World
If you can't make fun of something, it's probably not worth taking seriously.

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.

Offline Cripple, Whose Corporeal Form is Now a Shade of Blue

• Interesting....
    • My photobucket, full of all my wonderful WIPs and completed minis!
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008, 10:35:59 PM »
There are several cases of the different temples working towards their own goals, often without telling each other, or, sometimes even the imperial government. Take, for instance, Meh'Lindi's surgery in the Inquisition War series. (Written by Ian Watson, great series by the way, I strongly reccommend it to anyone who has the time. Get the Omnibus) The person who performed the operation was eventually marked for (unsuccessful) assassination by his own temple.

Win/loss since 8/26/09
                    W/D/L
40k Demons   4  0  0
Tau                2  2  2
vamp. counts  3  0  1
fant. daemons 7  0  1
skaven            1 1  1