News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 40k Minature Exchange!  (Read 42606 times)

Offline Snike

• ...I personally prefer the term "beyond faith".
Re: 40k Minature Exchange!
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2008, 10:20:24 AM »
 I'm in Europe. Possibilities:
-Nurgle army with walkers and infantry only ('cept for Rhinos), paint scheme some disgusting dark greenish with dirt, puke etc. and lots of mould to make it sorta... lighter in colour. Think about something and ask me, cos I have mostly no idea what I would need or want...  :-\
OR
-Nids with basically anything. An all-rounder army with anything except absolutely NO Hormagaunts or Gargoyles. Raveners or Warriors could be nice...
I'LL BE BACK SOON!

CSM - Nurgle - The Dead Company of Morgion - 4900+ points and growing
Nids - Hive Fleet Thanatos - 2100 points and growing (reaaally slowly)
Coming maybe someday: Orks - Da Black Jawz

Check this out! :D

Offline Syphon

« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2008, 12:16:11 PM »
Is it much use to say what you want when nothing's been established yet?
Quote from: Locarno
The fundamental rule of the Imperial Guard - "don't make it tougher, buy another one..."

Offline Alexander's Son

• Mentor - Newbies feel free to ask for any help.
    • Alexander Son's web page
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2008, 01:07:02 PM »
 I can be in it? I have just seen that... and by my understanding we do:

- make a model (modelling and converting)
 - paint it
 - send it to another user and the other user sends one...

Do I have it right? If it is so I can and be willing to make a Space Wolf I think... or a scout or a tactical of another formation... But it will be a Space Marine!
Thanks to all the people showing faith in me

I sometimes feel that everyone will leave me and they will be on their own...

A suspicious mind is a healthy mind

Offline Syphon

« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2008, 03:06:22 PM »
If at all possible, I'd like to be paired with randomly pooled against Alexander's Son. :) It'd be sweet!
The fundamental rule of the Imperial Guard - "don't make it tougher, buy another one..."

Offline Alexander's Son

« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2008, 03:15:08 PM »
 So randomly poored eh? But noone told me if I am right to it...

Offline DJBtod

« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2008, 03:15:22 PM »
if you guys want in you have to post the information in the first thread. Otherwise I don't have all the info i need.

Offline Alexander's Son

« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2008, 03:18:31 PM »
 Ok I'm in... I'm from Thessaloniki, Greece which makes me Europe.

Space Wolves... Now about what model certain I can't tell!

Offline Daemon Prince Bubonicus the Black

• The Son of Pestilence, The Lord of Damnation
    • Dark Soldiers
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2008, 03:21:46 PM »
I might as well join in, but I can't promise that i'll be able to do it so I'm currently a maybe unless you have a specified date for this? in about a month or two I should finally have a job so then I'll be able to get some money, but right now im flat broke.

Anyway, if I do, I'll most likely be making some kind of Chaos Possessed. He'll be either in a custom paint job (reds and such) or in a nurgle type paint job (ugly green). It all depends. But, if I could make a simple request, when doing the pairing, can you "try" to put me with someone with a chaos model because this guy's gonna come straight outta' my army. (I'm in the US just in case you didn't see that)
"For my lord, my master, I will slaughter in the name or Nurgle. For my own gain and ambitions, I will kill those in my way. For the power of the warp, I will allow Daemon Hood to take my body. As for you, I will slaughter you if you stand in my way. Death to the righteous, death to the holy, and death to those that offer their praises to the emperor!"

Lord Bubonicus the Black, Son of Pestilence

Offline Syphon

« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2008, 03:33:32 PM »
Yes. I am in. I live in the Netherlands. I would like an IG guy, someone that looks like he could be a hardened veteran. Urban colours, please. I can do any miniature for whomever is pitted against me and I promise I will take the time to do something pretty with it. Of course, they don't need to cost more than a single blister. :p

Offline Col.Gravis

• General; Best Painter
  • I take the Pith so you dont have too!
    • Blog
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2008, 03:38:16 PM »
Okay, I'll have a crack at this.

I'm from the UK, ideally for me it would be a Guard model, but not a basic Guardsman some random Imperial Functionary, something you'd perhaps not normally see on the battlefield like a Techpriest, Astropath etc

Offline DJBtod

« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2008, 03:41:29 PM »
bubonicus, i cannot put you in because if your not guaranteed to make one then that screws up someone else, because they'll make one and not receive one. Unless you are doing it for sure I'm not putting you in.

~dan

• Dark Soldiers
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2008, 03:43:25 PM »
Well when do the models have to be done? I can probably make some shipping  money fast, just depends on the date the models need to be done.
"For my lord, my master, I will slaughter in the name or Nurgle. For my own gain and ambitions, I will kill those in my way. For the power of the warp, I will allow Daemon Hood to take my body. As for you, I will slaughter you if you stand in my way. Death to the righteous, death to the holy, and death to those that offer their praises to the emperor!"

Offline DJBtod

« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2008, 03:46:29 PM »
all your questions are answered in the first post.
~dan

• Dark Soldiers
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2008, 03:49:26 PM »
So the 31st, huh? hmm.. this could be a problem... hmm... I might be able to bum some money off someone... it'll be the lowest priced shipping and handling, though, so it'll take a while. sure, I'll join in, like I said US. I'm only going to make a chaos because, well, I love chaos and I don't have money to spend on models :p

Ok, well, here's what I'm offering (It'll either be an entire squad or just 1 model, depending on what I get): A squad of possessed, or, as I would call, a Possessed Champion. That's all I've got to trade. They're going to be customized, mostly the arms I'm chopping apart.

Anyway, what I want is a squad of either space marine or chaos.... 5 men strong (equal to the Possessed). I know, kind of limited, but I really would like one of those two things. Paint job is whatever you want them (either squad) to look like. (Note: My paint job on the possessed won't be the best unless someone can point me to a "painting skin" tutorial. They'll still look good because I'll not to shabby with armour.)

Edit 2: Also, if you have an army of chaos but don't have any kind of squads of them to give away, but have another squad from another army, such as dark eldar, or, even though this is in the chaos range, Emporer's Children, I will accept that trade. Like I said, I'm going to be using a squad of possessed or a possessed champion as the minature/'s (Like I said, it's either the possessed aspiring champion or the entire squad for either 1 model or a squad of 5)

Sorry for being so specific... I just really want either some dark eldar to get me started for them or another squad for my chaos army.

(Paint job for chaos I would like would be in the colors of nurgle, but I'm open for all colors, if it's dark eldar, i'll take them with black armour with red colors in there. The value of mine will be about 25 dollars so you should probably try to keep in that range of money)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 05:32:03 PM by Daemon Prince Bubonicus the Black »

Offline Khargrim

« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2008, 06:57:08 PM »
Hi all, I'm a new one to 40k online, at least as far as posting goes. Converting & painting is always a fun task for me as the miniatures in question are often unique and in no way related to any of the armies i collect. two people that know me very well are Fal & Loraziel, who can vouch for me if  there are any questions about my being a new poster/trust issues.

Witch Hunters i guess is my army of choice, what with them being my true love.

That being said, thanks all and have a good night/day or whatever the case may be!

Khar

Offline neotetrabot

« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2008, 09:20:12 PM »
I might sign up if more people from the US do, so I think this might be a little more popular on the painting forum...

Offline moc065

• Infinity Circuit / Necrontyr Lord / KoN Warlord
  • Ancient
  • King of the Preemptive Strike
    • klucas.piczo.com
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2008, 09:38:19 PM »
OK I want in and I have plenty of stuff to get rid of, my problem is that there is just no way that I really need anymore Eldar or SMurf's right now, But I do play Necrons as well so I guess one figure for them would work.

I line in Canada; but, I ship all over so just put wherever you need someone to make it work.

For the sake of this Thread, Canada -Necrons.

CaHG
Join POC: Saim-Hann
or Read the Guide to Eldar
or read the Guide to Necrons

And Click here if you like Magic The Gathering

Offline 666_Mutley_666

• Mass debating - a filthy group habbit!
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2008, 05:51:48 AM »
@Brierton: put a space in between the candiadates to show who's modeling for who.

@everyone else: do you want to start voting for people you want to model for now

also should we post pics of what were making?
oink is a nancy!

Offline Markay

• Lieutenant Colonel | Ork Boy
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Hardcore card whore.
    • My Portfolio Website
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2008, 08:19:44 AM »
Sod it I'm up for it. Hopefully I'll get a fellow guard player and wont have to shell out my hard earned student loan  :P

Model I Need: A Technical servitor for my guard techpriest OR Guardsman map reader.

Scheme: Catachan green armour, codex grey urban camo clothing.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2008, 08:22:50 AM by Markay »

Offline DJBtod

« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2008, 09:14:55 AM »
@666_Vryk - Hopefully that is more clear! And ps you don't have to vote for who you want, you simply post if you want to do a model for someone specific (read the VOLUNTEER! section)

@Khar - you did not tell me your location

@Bubonicus - You are making this too complicated. You do not choose what model your making, only the one you are receiving. If you cannot financially afford to do this, then don't. There will probably be more in the future to take part in.

@everyone - WIP Pics are encouraged. If you do not wish to see your model and you want it to be a surprise, just don't look at the thread till you have your model, but everyone else is going to want to see pics.

and please don't make this harder than it needs to be. the first thread explains everything, just read it.
~dan