News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: New Sisters  (Read 1530 times)

Offline Sir_Godspeed

• Lazerous Penguin
  • "Bees. My God" was an obscure Batman quote.
New Sisters
« on: May 6, 2021, 01:42:09 PM »
How do people feel about the new Sisters models? I thought they were cool, but I've noticed plenty of folks are ambivalent or negative to some of them. I can certainly see how the exo-suit things aren't what people want, even if I personally think they're neat.

EDIT: Pardon if this should go into the Inquisition section, or even news, I dunno.
« Last Edit: May 6, 2021, 01:43:27 PM by Sir_Godspeed »

Offline Wyddr

• Author Eminence: Hereticus Liber Daemonica | Fio'shas Shi
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • My blog about SF/F stuff
  • Armies: Daemons, Imperial Fists, Tau, Ksons, Vostroyans
Re: New Sisters
« Reply #1 on: May 6, 2021, 03:06:31 PM »
I think they all look pretty cool! The Paragon Armor is especially neat, though seeing their little human arms sticking out of the chest is a little weird (you'd think they'd want to armor that amphetamine parrot).

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #2 on: May 6, 2021, 05:15:16 PM »
Folks who post online tend to be pretty cynical and jaded and hate everything gw does. Just look at DakkaDakka.

I think they look really cool.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Sir_Godspeed

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #3 on: May 6, 2021, 08:03:15 PM »
I think they all look pretty cool! The Paragon Armor is especially neat, though seeing their little human arms sticking out of the chest is a little weird (you'd think they'd want to armor that amphetamine parrot).

I they pulled it off better than with the Dreadknight or those Centurions, both of which really just look goofy to me (and seem to conceptually overlap with other, previously established units, like Dreadnoughts and Terminators, a problem the Sisters don't really have.)

Offline Wyddr

• Author Eminence: Hereticus Liber Daemonica | Fio'shas Shi
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • My blog about SF/F stuff
  • Armies: Daemons, Imperial Fists, Tau, Ksons, Vostroyans
« Reply #4 on: May 6, 2021, 10:15:08 PM »
I think Centurions look great, as it happens. The concept is weird (power armor for your power armor!) but the execution is good. The models look fantastic in person.

The Dreadknight, yeah--same issue. But that was worse, because the whole thing looked like a baby bjorn.

Anyway, I have no issues with the line overall. I think the banner bearer model they just revealed is a tidbit plain, but otherwise no complaints!

Offline Roboknee77

• Ork Boy
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Armies: Orks, Sisters
« Reply #5 on: May 7, 2021, 05:17:41 PM »
I'm looking forward to them.  I do like the look of the Paragon suits.  I get some people aren't happy with the exposed arms but I'm sure it's a homage to Ripley in the Power Loader from Aliens, which makes it cool in my book.

Offline Sir_Godspeed

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #6 on: May 7, 2021, 07:20:55 PM »
I think it's cool to see the range expanded, not just modernized, I've always been fond of the Sisters' overall design.

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
« Reply #7 on: May 7, 2021, 08:03:07 PM »
These previews have me seriously considering starting a sisters army.

Then all I'll need is guard and mechanicus to have the full imperial set lol
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
« Reply #8 on: May 8, 2021, 02:12:12 PM »
Im really happy with most of them. The least is the banner chick and missionary for me but will come in time. The celestians im happy for but the shields will need major attention to look good but the unit will now fill their roll as body guards better i think. The paragon, oh ya! 8)
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword