News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Daemonic Thunderwolves  (Read 2156 times)

Offline M4rt0k

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
    • BLOODYdice
Daemonic Thunderwolves
« on: November 14, 2012, 05:57:07 PM »

This army has been used in tournaments for about 2 years now in various different shapes and forms. The painting effort has continued over time as has the modelling. These Thunder Wolves are one of the worst culprits having been rebuilt in different ways twice now and the paint job has suffered for it but I am happy with where they are and I am glad to say they are all finished.

First up we have my Thunder Wolf Lord the Headtaker:

I had real fun building this guy and he uses a vast array of bits from various kits. The cloak and Frost Blade were my first attempts at blending and I was very pleased with the effect on both.

Next up is a Wolf Guard Battle Leader on Thunder Wolf with a Thunder Hammer. This guy acts as the Lieutenant of the army and forms the other half of a one, two punch:

He uses a couple of Maxmini parts such as the Hammer and Bionics. I think he might get some bling added at some point though but not before the Tournament on Saturday.

Finally the actual Squad of Thunder Wolves who will be cleaning up for the Thunder HQs. These guys are carrying Storm Shields and I really should model some Melta bombs on them just always hate having to stick those ugly bits on...

Let me know what you think guys :)
Checkout the blog I contribute to here bloody-dice.blogspot.com

Offline typhon

• Wych | Free Boota Ork
  • warboss of the SUN and DA MOON orks
Re: Daemonic Thunderwolves
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2012, 10:14:39 AM »
for the Melta bombs why not model them the way you wish they would look if it's cool than any rule lawyer on the wusiwug is a moron.

Plus I love the first one what is the rider from??

Offline faitherun (Fay-ith-er-run)

• Armies: Pointy Ears and bugs
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2012, 11:53:24 AM »
Why not give a few models Bolas and have them count as the Melta Bombs
So, what your saying is it's not your fault you look stupid by using words you don't get?
Flawless logic.

Offline M4rt0k

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
    • BLOODYdice
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2012, 11:33:17 AM »
for the Melta bombs why not model them the way you wish they would look if it's cool than any rule lawyer on the wusiwug is a moron.

Plus I love the first one what is the rider from??

The first guy is made up from the WFB Lord on Manticore set.

Why not give a few models Bolas and have them count as the Melta Bombs

Not a bad idea mate but to be honest I think i am just going to say that the Juggers breathe fire :) melta bomb style fire lol
Checkout the blog I contribute to here bloody-dice.blogspot.com