News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Seeker Missiles and crew stunned  (Read 322 times)

Offline pmain

• Newest
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Seeker Missiles and crew stunned
« on: September 28, 2005, 05:51:55 PM »
If a tau vehicle is equipped with a seeker missile, but it is in the 'crew stunned' state during it's turn, can it still fire a seeker missile when another squad hits with it's marker light?

Thanks in advance,

Offline [dixon]

• I pretend to be other users
  • BANNED
Re: Seeker Missiles and crew stunned
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2005, 06:01:39 PM »
The vehicle doesn't fire the missile, the markerlight operator does, so 'crew shaken' has no effect on whether it can fire or not.
I pretended to be other members, and finally got BANNED

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
  • From the Fourth Necromantic House
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2005, 12:37:01 AM »
Agreed. The missile launches automatically once the targetting parameters have been met. This is above and beyond any other restrictions on weapon firing (other than weapon destroyed if the missile was taken out earlier).

This is more a rules question rather than General 40K. If a Mod in evening dress would be so kind....
Quote from: @TracyAuGoGO
Tact is for people who are too slow witted to be sarcastic.
Drink
Knights Tippler
Quote from: Surviving the World
If you can't make fun of something, it's probably not worth taking seriously.

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.

Offline Lazarus

• Infinity Circuit - The Voice of Reason
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Space Wolves & Imperial Guard
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2005, 06:27:19 AM »
Hello!

Welcome to 40K online!

To my knowledge they can still fire the missile because it is actually being done by the infantry targeting for it. This just came up at my RTT this last week and that is how they played it.

69Lazarus.
"If someone used the ridiculous cover saves rule on me I'd probably punch him in the face. If he's still standing he would be entitled to punch me in the face, take my army, and my woman if he can. This is known as the Conan rule of play, and is not forbidden in the core rules and encourages serious amounts of sportsmanship." - Carniflex