News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Avengers: Endgame [Spoilers!]  (Read 1015 times)

Offline Sir_Godspeed

• Lazerous Penguin
  • "Bees. My God" was an obscure Batman quote.
Avengers: Endgame [Spoilers!]
« on: May 1, 2019, 07:50:42 AM »
Saw Endgame yesterday. I mean... I can't complain. If you're in it to watch it at this point, I think you'll like it. Surprisingly a lot of character development in it too.
« Last Edit: May 1, 2019, 09:31:10 PM by Sir_Godspeed »

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
Re: Avengers: Endgame [Please Put Spoilers In Spoiler Tags]
« Reply #1 on: May 1, 2019, 01:44:50 PM »
I've seen it twice so far, and I maybe am getting to be a softy in my old age, but I let myself become immersed in the movie and found it to be an emotional roller coaster lol.

I laughed...
I cheered...
And, yeah, I'll admit it... I cried.  As far as I am concerned, Spider-Man's death in Infinity War ain't got amphetamine parrot on Endgame lol.

Mod note:  There are no spoiler tags like in other forums.
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline Blazinghand

• Warlock | Master of the Ravenwing
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Die for the Emperor or die trying!
  • Armies: Eldar, Orks
« Reply #2 on: May 1, 2019, 02:04:05 PM »
I've always found Tony Stark to be one of the most interesting and in some ways relatable character in the group, and It was good to see his character arc wrapped up so well.
Quote from: Howard Zinn
There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people.

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 1, 2019, 02:29:47 PM »
I've always found Tony Stark to be one of the most interesting and in some ways relatable character in the group, and It was good to see his character arc wrapped up so well.
I'm with you there, but between his and Rogers', I think Cap had the better wrap up of his story arc. 
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline Blazinghand

• Warlock | Master of the Ravenwing
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Die for the Emperor or die trying!
  • Armies: Eldar, Orks
« Reply #4 on: May 1, 2019, 02:37:18 PM »
I'm with you there, but between his and Rogers', I think Cap had the better wrap up of his story arc.
I'm really glad Cap got the ending he did.
Quote from: Howard Zinn
There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people.

Offline Sir_Godspeed

• Lazerous Penguin
Re: Avengers: Endgame [Spoilers!]
« Reply #5 on: May 1, 2019, 09:32:45 PM »
I was surprised over how much character development they managed to get in while still keeping the story flow so well and preserve the cohesion.

This really was the Swan Song of the original Avengers roster. What a way to go out on, though. Damn, they earned those tears from me.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: May 1, 2019, 11:54:36 PM »
The first time I saw the movie was the very first showing on Thursday night.  There were two words that made the entire theatre lose their minds...

"Avengers!  Assemble..."

First time I've ever been in a theatre that cheered that loudly when something happened, and I've always felt that it spoiled the moment.  But damned if it wasn't the best reaction for that part!  lol
I knew I had fans!!!

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Once held an Utter Fear of Tiny Diamonds
  • Armies: I 'play' Eldar. Or at least horde unpainted models
« Reply #7 on: May 7, 2019, 02:09:16 PM »
I've seen it twice so far, and I maybe am getting to be a softy in my old age, but I let myself become immersed in the movie and found it to be an emotional roller coaster lol.

I laughed...
I cheered...
And, yeah, I'll admit it... I cried.  As far as I am concerned, Spider-Man's death in Infinity War ain't got amphetamine parrot on Endgame lol.

I don't think you're alone. I just got back from watching it in the IMAX. Holy hell I'm exhausted. Yes, I very much shed a couple of tears.

Excellent character development, compelling characters and something that you actually care about. They did a superb job of tying up some loose ends so that they can move on in the future; whatever that future may hold.
WD127 - Started a Love Affair my Wallet Just Can't Cope With...

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: May 7, 2019, 10:49:06 PM »
(Seeing as how this thread now has the spoilers warning...)

With how everything wound up, I think what I am looking forward to most is to see Anthony Mackie handles becoming Captain America.  I've never been a big one on reading the comics, so I don't know how the transition goes from Super Soldier Steve Rogers to regular bad-ass Sam Wilson.

I am definitely interested to see how Marvel handles it in the MCU.
I knew I had fans!!!

Offline Sir_Godspeed

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #9 on: May 8, 2019, 09:17:53 AM »
It'll definitely be interesting.