News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Thorian Conclave - 1000p mixed SoB / GK  (Read 488 times)

Offline Hilte

• I'm a llama!
Thorian Conclave - 1000p mixed SoB / GK
« on: June 1, 2005, 12:29:36 PM »
Hi,

I'm putting together what will eventually be a "Thorian Conclave" army, hopefully with representative units from each of the Ordos.  The army list is selected according to the following criteria, in order of priority:

1)  Cool model!
2) Mobility (up till now have almost always played footsloggers)
3) Cool model I have actually painted!
4) Not completely useless.

What I'm hoping for is not so much "don't take that unit take this unit instead", and more "here are some minor wargear tweaks" and "here's an assesment of strenghts and weaknesses".  Also, "here's a dirty trick to pull with the units you have" would be nice.

FYI, while I've been playing 40k for a while, I have a grand total of three games with sisters, one of which was kill-team, and none with GK.  I fully expect to have my butt handed to me for a while.  Learning is good.

HQ:     Canoness Sophia, “Sophia of the Blades”
   Canoness with Jump Pack, ccw, Power Weapon, Book of St. Lucius = 81

T 1:   Rhino Squad
9 Sisters, H. Flamer, Flamer, VSS w. bolter, Rhino w. Smoke, Extra Armour, = 200

T 2:   Rhino Squad
9 Sisters, 2 Meltaguns, VSS w bolter, Rhino w. Smoke, Extra Armour = 202 (483)

FA 1:   5 Seraphim, VSS with pw and bp, Book of St. Lucius, 2 pair flame pistols, meltabombs = 169 (652)

E1:   Grey Knight Terminators
   Brother Captain, 4 Terminators, Psycannon = 270 (922)

E2:   Daemonhunters Inquisitor
   Inquisitor, Emperors Tarot, Teleport Homer, Hammerhand, ccw  = 56 (978)
« Last Edit: June 2, 2005, 07:07:42 AM by Hilte »

Offline The Ooze

• VOX-Caster Ooze, Cadian 383rd
    • War Of The Bunny
Re: Thorian Conclave - 1000p mixed SoB / GK
« Reply #1 on: June 1, 2005, 02:46:02 PM »
Good, but I do feel that Deamonhunters are a bit under-represented there, having only a Terminator squad and One Inquisitor, sans Retinue.
I think that one of the Rhino squads should be swopped with some Grey Knights.

Cool name though.

View Portfolio

The fog returns. I must go now, for the turnips have eaten my sourdough...

Offline CD

• The Plagued Reaper
  • Ancient
  • :\
« Reply #2 on: June 1, 2005, 05:24:25 PM »
Well, as for minor tweaks:

-Seraphim don't need a Veteran Sister unless you want to give her an Eviscerator. Otherwise she's pretty much useless, as the squad's already faithful and the like.

-A Blessed Weapon would be far better for the Canoness. It'd certainly change the modelling aspect, but not by a whole lot.

Other than that, not big enough squads, but you're going at about minimum for them, so I won't bother suggesting practical ways of making them bigger. :P

Offline Jezreel

• Ork Boy
  • Check the salad bowl again. You'll be surprised.
« Reply #3 on: June 1, 2005, 06:44:22 PM »
a minor tweek on the Canoness, i would sugest, is to give her a pistol insted of a ccw, then at lest she can get a shot off as she is charging - just makes more sense i think.
i'd also try to work in a telepot homer into one of your rhino squads, gives the termies a same in if they need it
« Last Edit: June 1, 2005, 06:46:30 PM by Jezreel »
I never learned to walk the surface on my own
       So lately this ocean floor
   Has been feeling more like
        home.

Offline Hilte

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: June 2, 2005, 07:03:01 AM »
Hi,

Thanks for responses so far.  A couple responses:

Blessed weaponis a definite possibility - I have about 20 points to play with.  I figured to try both configurations, and see if the extra 20 points on the cannoness is worth it.  As it stands, she is there primarily for a mobile unmodified LD 10 zone.

Regarding squad size - if the basic squads are larger, they can't fit into the Rhinos.  I can boost the seraphim by one, and may end up doing so, but at the cost of hte blessed weapon noted above. 

VSS on the seraphim seems like a good deal to me - she acts as a signum while alive.  Given that the squad will be around 5-6 models, it seemed cheap at the price.  Have you found the added reliability with faith not worth it?

RE bolt pistol.  Yep, it would make more sense.  I've got the model weilding two blades though, and she rocks the casbah.  Model vanity at work  ;D

Hilte

Offline CD

• The Plagued Reaper
  • Ancient
  • :\
« Reply #5 on: June 2, 2005, 08:04:02 PM »
RE Seraphim Vet: She does add the Simulacrum, but at the cost it isn't really worth it in my opinion, and giving her a Power Weapon just makes her that much more expensive whilst adding little effectiveness. If you could get the points for an Eviscerator isntead of a PW she'd be fine...