News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1000 pts of Sisters  (Read 805 times)

Offline 18fan

• Week 4 - Colts (3-0) vs Titans (1-2)
1000 pts of Sisters
« on: May 26, 2005, 11:56:19 AM »
I have been after a mech force for the move from Necrons. The Rapid Fire Bolter is quite good these days and at cost the basic Sister is a steal IMHO I've had a go with some Infiltating loyal and traitor Marines as well as Rhino Marines. Cheaper Sisters allows for more armour. Anyway, onto the list..

HQ:
Canoness (Bolt Pistol, Power Weapon, Cloak, Jump Pack)
-96 pts

Troops:
10 Sisters (Meltas x2, Vet) Rhino (Extra Armour, Smoke)
-202 pts

-202 pts

-202 pts

Heavy Support:
Exorcist (Extra Armour, Storm Bolter)
-150 pts

8 Retributors (Hvy Bolter x4)
-148 pts 

Total Points: 1000

Comments Welcomed on this base force, plus suggestions for the bump to 1500.

CD: Edited for Basic Sisters' cost.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2005, 09:57:45 PM by Creeping Death »

Offline CD

• The Plagued Reaper
  • Ancient
  • :\
Re: 1000 pts of Sisters
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2005, 10:03:14 PM »
If you're going to take a Jump Pack Canoness, you might as well make her good at something. Either an Inferno Pistol for tankhunting or a Blessed Weapon for effective combat ability, or drop the Jump Pack and give her a Book oSL instead.

The Storm Bolter on the Exorcist is kind of pushing it.. you don't want to be firing it if you have the option of firing the Exorcist. Even if you lose the weapon, you're probably going to be moving it anyway, from the back of your force to a contestable Table quarter or somesuch, rather than keeping it at a speed where a storm bolter would be usable.

You might want one of your units to have Flamers, just to deal with Nids, Orks or Eldar [guardians]. With two melta squads and the Exorcist, you shouldn't have many tank hunting problems in only 1000 points.

Retributors are useless without a Squad Leader to let them use Faith. Perhaps if you put the Un-packed Canoness I suggested earlier in this unit it would be more usable.

EDIT: Oh, and faith is next to useless in your army, since none of your squads have faithful characters in them. :P

And in future, don't list specific points costs for models or wargear or anything, not even the cost of a basic sister. It's against GW's copyright rules, and could get our forum in some trouble.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2005, 10:04:31 PM by Creeping Death »

Offline 18fan

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2005, 11:40:31 PM »
I thought having a Vet in a Sister squad made them Faithful  ???

Firing the Exorcist Storm Bolter?
lol.. I just put it on there in case I suffer a Weapon Destroyed result  8)

I do see your point on the 3rd squad having Flamers.. nice touch. Those points saved and dropping one Retributor gives me enough for a Vet in the Retributor squad and an army at 996. Dropping yet another Retributor would allow me to upgrade to a Blessed Weapon for 1000. That leaves just 6 Sisters in the Heavy Weapon squad though. Not sure..

Offline Kojihama

• Waddup foo
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2005, 11:57:44 PM »
1.  Yep, your vets makes the squads faithful.
2.  Whats a storm bolter going to do when you get a WD?  Do you really think your opponent is going to be dumb enough to remove your storm bolter?  Save the points. 
3.  Hvy flamers for all squads.  Hvy flamer is an assault weapon, so don't think you can't move / shoot.  Also, it works a treat against any opponent.  Anything with a 3+ save or better just use divine guidance on the squad.  You'll have 8 rapid firing bolters, 1 melta shot and all hits on the hvy flamers.  And all potential hits are AP1 on a roll of 6 to wound.
4.  Like CD said, make the Cannoness do something.  She is rather useless right now.  I highly recommend inferno pistol and a blessed weapon. 
5.  In 1000 pt games, I think the more bodies you have the better.  With only 4 vehicles on the board and only one that can shoot, they will most likely get killed first turn.

Offline 18fan

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2005, 09:24:14 AM »
Thanks for info. Mt latest go..

HQ:
Canoness (Bolt Pistol, Blessed Weapon)

Elites:
6 Celestians (Melta x2) Rhino (Extra Armour, Smoke)

Troops: 
10 Sisters (Melta x2, Vet) Rhino (Extra Armour, Smoke)

Heavy Support:
8 Retributors (Hvy Bolter x4, Vet)

I did give the Flamers a chance, but my cunning opponents removed the Flamer casualties where I could not assault. That left me high and dry. I may still adjust one Sister squad to Flamer and Hvy Flamer instead of double Melta. There are few non 3+ save armies in the area though.

Offline CD

• The Plagued Reaper
  • Ancient
  • :\
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2005, 03:53:02 PM »
At least one flamer and heavy flamer unit should be good, if not simply for some variety. Three identical squads aren't terribly fun to play with, so having more defined roles for the units should help.

I assume the Canoness will be with the Celestians? You might want to find a way to get her a Book of St Lucius.

Offline Havrik

• May Guilliman's creations fall
« Reply #6 on: June 1, 2005, 08:54:02 AM »
At least one flamer and heavy flamer unit should be good, if not simply for some variety. Three identical squads aren't terribly fun to play with, so having more defined roles for the units should help.

I assume the Canoness will be with the Celestians? You might want to find a way to get her a Book of St Lucius.

i can vouch for this.  two days ago i had to reduce my 1500 point DH army to 1000 points (horrid results... the list wasn't meant for 1000 points...) against a SoB squad with 3 faith points altogether, but 2 x 10 SoB squads in rhinos with meltaguns, 2 exorcists and a cannoness hanging back there doing nothing.  all in all, it was just boring fighting it...  the only part that was interesting and amusing was his big squad of zealots with priest and a pentient engine vs. my 4 GKs and justicar (i held back my laughter for a bit as he charged with pentient.. than i sent two of my GKs to smash it to bits and destroyed it.  shortly after, his zealots followed.. but i lost 2 GKs to 15 zealots... granted, they had 3 attacks each since they charged)

Vostroyans (1500) - 3-0-1
Black Templars (in progress)

High Elf (warband) 4-3-0