News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Daemonhunters Final 2,000 Pt. Army List  (Read 1178 times)

Offline Indro Tyr

• Quantity has a quality all its own.
Daemonhunters Final 2,000 Pt. Army List
« on: May 7, 2003, 04:15:13 PM »
Hey everyone. I've posted some lists in the past and now have looked at all of my feedback and came up with my final list I am going to build. Any comments would be appreciated. A quick note, I did not include an Inquisitor because I could never decide how to properly equip him to maximize his potential. Also because my army does not need him to use the units I have included. A lack on anti-daemon weaponry also comes from the fact that only one player uses a Bloodthirster and a unit of Bloodletters where I play, so odds are I won't be facing any. Also remember that I have to TAKE OUT things to put MORE things in, so please don't just say 'give this guy a plasma pistol', as my roster is already maxed out, so if you could advise as what to switch that'd help me alot. Well, here it goes...

Headquarters - 1 Grey Knight Hero - Retinue of 5 Grey Knight Terminators - 375 Points

Troops - 9 Inquisitorial Storm Troopers - 2 Plasma Guns - 1 Veteran Sergeant - Needle Pistol - Close Combat Weapon - 136 Points

Troops - 9 Inquisitorial Storm Troopers - 2 Plasma Guns - 1 Veteran Sergeant - Needle Pistol - Close Combat Weapon - 136 Points

Troops - 1 Inducted Imperial Guard Infantry Platoon - 1 Command Section - 1 Heavy Bolter - 1 Plasma Gun - Close Combat Weapon - Laspistol - 2 Infantry Squads - 2 Plasma Guns - 1 Lascannon - 1 Missile Launcher - 2 Close Combat Weapons - 2 Laspistols - 224 Points

Troops - 1 Inducted Imperial Guard Infantry Platoon - 1 Command Section - 1 Heavy Bolter - 1 Plasma Gun - Close Combat Weapon - Laspistol - 2 Infantry Squads - 2 Plasma Guns - 1 Lascannon - 1 Missile Launcher - 2 Close Combat Weapons - 2 Laspistols - 224 Points

Fast Attack - 9 Grey Knights - 2 Psycannons - 1 Justicar - 325 Points

Fast Attack - 9 Grey Knights - 2 Psycannons - 1 Justicar - 325 Points

Heavy Support - 1 Grey Knight Land Raider Crusader - 255 Points

Models in Army - 95

Total - 2,000 Points Exactly
"The time for using the knife to remove this cancer is past.  Bring forth the torch."

Offline Poe, the Sociopath

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Imperial Vengence at its finest.
Re:Daemonhunters Final 2,000 Pt. Army List
« Reply #1 on: May 7, 2003, 04:58:29 PM »
Ok, granted I'm not the best DH player but I'll give a try.

HQ - What is the Hero?  A Grand Master or Brother-Captain?  Also what is his wargear?  

Elite- None, but a Inquisitor wouldn't hurt!

Troops - Sounds good!

Fast Attack - Switch the Psycannons to Incenirators on at least one sqaud.  AS they are telporting, they won't get all the shots they would get if they deployed in your zone.  Other than that, sounds good.

Heavy Support - I'd drop the Crusader.  I know it is good and all but, You can get some much better things for the points like a Strike and maybe a Purgator Squad.
Rosethorn wishes Aegis; Whisperless Void.

From death I come for you!

Offline Ranger Astheria

• Formerly 'Ranger of Alaitoc'
  • Ancient
  • Holding onto a thread of hope...
    • Realm of Runes
« Reply #2 on: May 7, 2003, 09:16:24 PM »
Ok, granted I'm not the best DH player but I'll give a try.

HQ - What is the Hero?  A Grand Master or Brother-Captain?  Also what is his wargear?  

Elite- None, but a Inquisitor wouldn't hurt!

Troops - Sounds good!

Fast Attack - Switch the Psycannons to Incenirators on at least one sqaud.  AS they are telporting, they won't get all the shots they would get if they deployed in your zone.  Other than that, sounds good.

Heavy Support - I'd drop the Crusader.  I know it is good and all but, You can get some much better things for the points like a Strike and maybe a Purgator Squad.

I agree, with everything Solaare said, I would drop the Land Raider Crusader for an orbital strike, I'd go with a melta torpedo, and mount the storm trooper squads in Chimeras.  This would add to your firepower and give the squads mobility to take objectives.  This way the gaurd could hold your line while the ST advance and the Deep Striking GK squads and HQ squad can hit the enemy at the right time.

Click my banner to visit Realm of Runes for all your WFB needs!

Offline Indro Tyr

« Reply #3 on: May 7, 2003, 09:19:20 PM »
Hero = Grand Master. It's just written that way in the HQ section.  ;). And in my opinion he's already a Bad*** without any wargear, although I originally had him with a Holy Relic. I think I will change the Grey Knight squads to 1 Psycannon and 1 Incinerator in each squad (since both can move and fire anyways). I was a bit shaky as far as the LRC, so I'm gonna drop it and put in more Terminators and perhaps a Deadnought or Inquisitor (I own the Coteaz boxed set so I may as well use it I guess). Thanks for the feedback, that makes me all the more confident in the revisions I am going to make.
"The time for using the knife to remove this cancer is past.  Bring forth the torch."

Offline Ranger Astheria

• Formerly 'Ranger of Alaitoc'
  • Ancient
  • Holding onto a thread of hope...
    • Realm of Runes
« Reply #4 on: May 7, 2003, 09:23:06 PM »
You're right about the Grand Master.  He doesn't really need any wargear.

I'd take Coteaz or at least use him as a generic inquisitor as that would open up a lot of options to you.

Click my banner to visit Realm of Runes for all your WFB needs!

Offline Zaq

« Reply #5 on: May 8, 2003, 08:12:46 AM »
Take out the Crusader...Add another squad of Termies. I prefer to smaller size Termy squads to 1 big one as the Termies are quite capable of handling themselves in CC anyway and you get to attack more parts of the army or seize more objectives.

Holocaust sounds useful if you happen to get swarmed by things like 20 Gaunts ;).

Add Melta Bomb Orbital Strike. Your termies are quite safe from it ;). Melta Bomb/Termy/Missile Launcher combo is REALLY good. The MLs pin  units while the Melta Strike and Termies do their work. If you're evil like me you might want a Callidus assassin to move a unit 6'' to a bad position and take out important units while the army is being hit by the Melta Strike, GKs and Termies and pinned by the MLs. Tough armies that aren't likely to be pinned by frags will suffer more from termies, GKs and the melta strike anyway.

Offline Indro Tyr

« Reply #6 on: May 8, 2003, 04:35:53 PM »
Alrighty, I looked at all the feedback you fine gentlemen gave me and revised my list as follows...

Headquarters - 1 Grey Knight Grand Master - Targeter - Retinue of 7 Grey Knight Terminators - 468 Points

Troops - 9 Inquisitorial Storm Troopers - 2 Melta Guns - 1 Veteran Sergeant - Teleport Homer - Bolt Pistol - Close Combat Weapon - Rhino Transport - Extra Armour - Smoke Launchers - 200 Points

Troops - 9 Inquisitorial Storm Troopers - 2 Melta Guns - 1 Veteran Sergeant - Teleport Homer - Bolt Pistol - Close Combat Weapon - Rhino Transport - Extra Armour - Smoke Launchers - 200 Points

Troops - 1 Inducted Imperial Guard Infantry Platoon - 1 Command Section - 1 Heavy Bolter - 1 Flamer - Targeter - Close Combat Weapon - Laspistol - 2 Infantry Squads - 1 Plasma Gun - 1 Lascannon - 1 Missile Launcher - 1 Flamer - 2 Close Combat Weapons - 2 Laspistols - 215 Points

Troops - 1 Inducted Imperial Guard Infantry Platoon - 1 Command Section - 1 Heavy Bolter - 1 Flamer - Targeter - Close Combat Weapon - Laspistol - 2 Infantry Squads - 1 Plasma Gun - 1 Lascannon - 1 Missile Launcher - 1 Flamer - 2 Close Combat Weapons - 2 Laspistols - 215 Points

Fast Attack - 9 Grey Knights - 1 Psycannon - 1 Incinerator - 1 Justicar - Targeter - 311 Points

Fast Attack - 9 Grey Knights - 1 Psycannon - 1 Incinerator - 1 Justicar - Targeter - 311 Points

Heavy Support - 1 Orbital Strike - Melta Torpedo - 80 Points

Total - 2,000 Points Exactly

Offline Scythe

• Flamer: Superiority Complex BANNED
  • Banned for flaming
« Reply #7 on: May 8, 2003, 08:03:45 PM »
Interesting. I would have dropped the LRC for an Orbital Strike and a Leman Russ.