News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: SOB, Grey KNights,Inquisitors, and Deathwatch  (Read 9597 times)

Offline Farseer Ulthrion

• Hello All,
  • Ancient
    • In case anyone is wondering what I do at university
Re:SOB, Grey KNights,Inquisitors, and Deathwatch
« Reply #60 on: April 3, 2003, 03:09:50 AM »
Hello all,

Weapons: Anointed Weapon; Needle Pistol
Wargear: Icon Of The Just; Grimoire of True Names; Psycannon Bolts; Sanctuary; Destroy Daemon; Targeter
= 146

Retinue: 6 Models
2*Servo Skull;  Exorcist; Castigator; Sage; IG Veteran w/ Plasma Gun; Astropath
= 64

One question, why do you have 2 servo skulls? You only use one of the two, so I think it would be better to change one into an astropath (it costs the same, yet gives you an extra ability).

Just an observation though...

Farseer Ulthrion
"Computer Science is no more about computers than astronomy is about telescopes."
-Edsger W. Dijkstra

Read about my  Daughters of the Martyred Lady (Sisters of Battle).
Check out my collection of Manga and Anime.

Offline Scythe

• Flamer: Superiority Complex BANNED
  • Banned for flaming
« Reply #61 on: April 3, 2003, 04:15:44 AM »
What part of no comments needed don't people get. Anyway I'm not forking out for another Mystic, when I get I got a second Servo Skull there. Anyway they look cool.

Offline 1000 sons

• Tzeentch, Lord of Sorcery, and Changer of Ways
« Reply #62 on: April 3, 2003, 05:57:34 PM »
Yea, servo skulls look awsome, and I am finaly happy that they released official models for them, as they are seen in many artworks for 40k.
Every book was sacred, every writing worthy of study, every document a resource to be drained. The ultimate knowledge was sorcery, the way to final enlightment, the key to the universe.

"Magnus the Red did take to the field of battle, causing the ravedged ground to liquefy 'neath his mighty stride........Magnu s spoke a word of power, and did sink away into the iridescent ground" -  the Edda of the Hammer

Offline Karl Eller

• OMG Laserguns!, Colonel-Commissar
  • Ancient
  • This is madness?! THIS IS LINUX!!!
« Reply #63 on: April 3, 2003, 06:12:09 PM »
Umm, Scythe, you can't use psycannon bolts on the needle pistol, as they are for bolt weapons (bolt pistol, boltgun, storm bolter) only. Just thought i would point that out.
"Explain how bad this turbulence will be"
"Oh god! Oh god! We're going to die"
"*over the intercom* Uh, this is your captain speaking, we're going to experience a few minor bumps, then uh... crash!"

Offline 1000 sons

« Reply #64 on: April 3, 2003, 06:15:26 PM »
hey everyone, Scthe only posted his Inquisitors' info because he wanted to give me an example, and he also asked everyone not to give any advice or whatnot on it. SO i think you guys should stop. thanx.
Every book was sacred, every writing worthy of study, every document a resource to be drained. The ultimate knowledge was sorcery, the way to final enlightment, the key to the universe.

"Magnus the Red did take to the field of battle, causing the ravedged ground to liquefy 'neath his mighty stride........Magnu s spoke a word of power, and did sink away into the iridescent ground" -  the Edda of the Hammer

Offline Karl Eller

• OMG Laserguns!, Colonel-Commissar
  • Ancient
  • This is madness?! THIS IS LINUX!!!
« Reply #65 on: April 3, 2003, 06:29:42 PM »
All I was doing was pointing out a usles piece of equipment that he had on his inquisitor.
"Explain how bad this turbulence will be"
"Oh god! Oh god! We're going to die"
"*over the intercom* Uh, this is your captain speaking, we're going to experience a few minor bumps, then uh... crash!"

Offline Scythe

• Banned for flaming
« Reply #66 on: April 3, 2003, 06:44:09 PM »
Umm, Scythe, you can't use psycannon bolts on the needle pistol, as they are for bolt weapons (bolt pistol, boltgun, storm bolter) only. Just thought i would point that out.

Oops! He originally had a bolt pistol and well I forgot to take the psycannon bolts out. Thanks for that!

Offline 1000 sons

« Reply #67 on: April 3, 2003, 06:44:56 PM »
I know, but Im just sayin, that I was lucky enough to have someone show me an example of their Inquisitor, and he asked that no comments be made about it. Im still stuck on my own Inquisitor Lord. Should i give my Servitors Meltas or Plasma. Im leanin towards Plasma as my SOB  has plenty of Meltas.

Offline Scythe

• Banned for flaming
« Reply #68 on: April 3, 2003, 06:50:30 PM »
It's ok 1000 Sons. My mistake an I actually glad someone pointed it out. When I said no comments I ment no composition comments.

Offline 1000 sons

« Reply #69 on: April 8, 2003, 03:33:24 PM »
Ok, anyway, lol. Um, i still need help with my Inquisitor Lord. If i give him a land raider, he and his retinue cost just under 500 pts, and thats WAY to much for a 9 man squad and transport. any ideas?  ???