News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: GK Kill Team List  (Read 2508 times)

Offline Sparto

GK Kill Team List
« on: June 30, 2013, 10:17:56 PM »
My local GW is holding a Kill Team event on July 6th, I thought this would be a good time to bring out some of my GK's.  The rules can be found here http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m2860630a_40K_Kill_Team_Pack_2013_(6).pdf but the jist is I get 200 points to spend on 0-1 Elites and/or 0-2 Troops and/or 0-1 fast attack. 
So far I have tossed around a few idea's, for differant Strike Squads, or some Interceptors, or Purifiers ... any one have any good suggestions for a 200 point kill team?

Offline Wiggus

• Happiness is Mandatory
  • Ancient
  • For the greater good!!!!!
Re: GK Kill Team List
« Reply #1 on: July 1, 2013, 04:42:36 AM »
One of my favourite things to do in kill team is go for 3 Paladins, One hammer, one falcions, one halberd give the hammer eternal warrior, falcions rage and halberd can have something like feel no pain. Psybolts for the lot quite horrendous
My name is Steven Wilson
My friends call me Wiggy
My enemies call me Mr Wilson
You may call me Sir!
'Who Dares Wins'
'Better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6'
'I love being a writer; I just dont like the paper work'
'Don't make me angry, you wont like it when im angry'

Offline Halollet

• My halo grew a mullet...
  • Armies: Grey Knights, Guard, Sisters, Tau, & Tyranids
« Reply #2 on: July 1, 2013, 12:06:21 PM »
I just finished a Kill Team tourny and I found that my biggest enemy was time.  Silly me for showing up with 23 models of kroot, hounds, krootox, fire warriors, and a crisis suit.

Having 3 paladins might actually be really good to have.  But I would take all defencive abilities if you're taking that few models.  Like Eternal Warrior, Shourded, It Will Not Die, and Feel No Pain.

And I would take a psycannon.  You might really need something to die like that guy who brought a lascannon/meltagun/plasmagun that got +1str or 5 minutes left and there's an enemy holding the centre objective.  And give it to your leader, that chart afterwards is useless unless you get some kills in the game.

Cheers!
One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside of his experience as being impossible.

Offline Wiggus

• Happiness is Mandatory
  • Ancient
  • For the greater good!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: July 1, 2013, 12:15:05 PM »
you cant get a psycannon in that list because you need 5 paladins in order to be aloud one, i also dont believe shrouded and it will not die are on the USR's that you are aloud to take but i could be using an old rule set for kill team where they didnt exist as usr's
My name is Steven Wilson
My friends call me Wiggy
My enemies call me Mr Wilson
You may call me Sir!
'Who Dares Wins'
'Better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6'
'I love being a writer; I just dont like the paper work'
'Don't make me angry, you wont like it when im angry'