News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Devastaor squad for SISTER  (Read 2283 times)

Offline Colonel N. T. Iquacu

Devastaor squad for SISTER
« on: October 22, 2002, 05:42:04 AM »
Well give us your feedback.  Is there anything the Sisters cant handle?  Can you give Sisters las cannons and missle launchers?  Or more to the point should the be changed so they can?

Offline Belgarion85

• CHECK OUT MY HOMEPAGE!
    • My homepage!!!
Re:Devastaor squad for SISTER
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2002, 09:38:35 AM »
I would like lascannons. evenm if there were a high points cost
"A Traitor can never be forgiven. A Traitor will never find peace in this world or the next. There is nothing as wretched or as hated in all the world as a Traitor."

Offline Archon Xanath

• RTFM
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2002, 03:30:21 AM »
The Sisters' limited armoury is one of the things that makes them unique.

Lascannons really go against the "cleansing heretics with purifying flame" ideal of the Sisters.  Giving them these weapons just makes them into another SM chapter.

Our current cheapest long-range solution, autocannon Redemptionists, will probably disappear the next time an official Sisters army list is released.

Don't like it?  Boohoo.  Cry me a river, build a bridge, and get over it.

AX
« Last Edit: October 23, 2002, 03:31:27 AM by Archon Xanath »

Offline Belgarion85

• CHECK OUT MY HOMEPAGE!
    • My homepage!!!
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2002, 03:49:42 AM »
Well well!!!
We need some more anti tank, atleast a better alternetive... Multimeltas are big... but at 24 range... and for that price!!! I WANT MORE TaNk-BuStAs  >:(
"A Traitor can never be forgiven. A Traitor will never find peace in this world or the next. There is nothing as wretched or as hated in all the world as a Traitor."

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2002, 05:28:32 AM »
I def agree the sisters need more anti-tank capability.  They do have excosist tank (think i misspelled that), but very random in nature.  Is it also limited to how many shots it can have?  I hear rumors of a codex for the inquisition coming out in 2003 which will include a new army list for the mighty sisters.  Hopefully we will see some great changes to their army, maybe even having detachments or something. :)

Offline anrieldar

• Hini-a-Iyasul, The Children of the VoidWind
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2002, 10:59:34 PM »
     Greetings!

If I were to make any changes to the Sisters of Battle list, I would include some way for Sisters to effect high T units in an Assault. As it is, it is all but impossible for Sisters to get numerous units with things such as Power Fists on target at once. IC commanders and suchlike can get Power Fists, why not the Sisters? They seem to be stuck in the cleft stick of being an army good only at close range... but poor in Assault.

In short, any army that needs to struggle to *would* Eldar in Assaults needs some work. Even the Tau can get effective Assault troops... but not the Sisters...
Always remember the Iyanden Lesson: Nothing is slow when it is in a Wave Serpent.

Offline Tobab816

• Chaos Warmaster, Promoter of Deathball!
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2002, 04:01:48 AM »
Tau can get effective assulttroops? Thats a new one....

FYI Sisters can be quite good CC troops if you use the passion.
Deathball, the new game of bloody basketball, 40k style!

+++Excerpt from Last Chaos/Space marine game, commentator: Inquisitor Khalheed "The Purgator" Qhor, Ex-Deathball player+++

Chaos vs Space Marine grudgematch today ended 23-19 when Brother Grazieel decimated the chaos team with a heavy bolter.

Afterwards the Chaos Coach Zhuriel the Damned stated "If we weren't ideologically in favor of cheating we'd complain about this""
+++End of transmission+++

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2002, 05:55:34 AM »
The Tau completly suck at CC thats their weakness with such devastating long range weaponary.  If you had great cc with great weapons you would have something like the ermmm SMurfs, lol. ;)

Offline Archon Xanath

• RTFM
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2002, 12:23:17 AM »
Even the Tau can get effective Assault troops... but not the Sisters...

I dunno what you're smoking, but it must be the good stuff.

Have you ever seen Redemptionists fielded?  With an Act of Passion, they're 64 S3 and 8 S6 Chainfist attacks on the charge.  Oh yeah, they're fearless too.  Throw in some Divine Guidance (that many rolls is ~10.6 6's on average), and you have one of the hardest assault squads in the game.

AX

Offline Tobab816

• Chaos Warmaster, Promoter of Deathball!
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2002, 04:42:05 AM »
And they strike at I 5...don't forget that.
Deathball, the new game of bloody basketball, 40k style!

+++Excerpt from Last Chaos/Space marine game, commentator: Inquisitor Khalheed "The Purgator" Qhor, Ex-Deathball player+++

Chaos vs Space Marine grudgematch today ended 23-19 when Brother Grazieel decimated the chaos team with a heavy bolter.

Afterwards the Chaos Coach Zhuriel the Damned stated "If we weren't ideologically in favor of cheating we'd complain about this""
+++End of transmission+++