News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: YES!!! Finally I filled all my redemptionist needs!!  (Read 2944 times)

Offline Tobab816

• Chaos Warmaster, Promoter of Deathball!
YES!!! Finally I filled all my redemptionist needs!!
« on: October 8, 2002, 08:04:41 PM »
Anyway. A guy I know was selling his Imperial guard army.

And what do I see....over 100 sweet tallarn desert raiders. Badly painted yes, but very complete.

Anyway to make a long story short I had just watched indiana jones and the temple of doom and thought

"hmmm, what painting these guys in black and red...wouldn't they make nice redemptionists?"

And anyway....now he emailed me and I got ALL his infantry models. 152 tallarn desert raiders(soon to be Sister of battle redemptionists).
Deathball, the new game of bloody basketball, 40k style!

+++Excerpt from Last Chaos/Space marine game, commentator: Inquisitor Khalheed "The Purgator" Qhor, Ex-Deathball player+++

Chaos vs Space Marine grudgematch today ended 23-19 when Brother Grazieel decimated the chaos team with a heavy bolter.

Afterwards the Chaos Coach Zhuriel the Damned stated "If we weren't ideologically in favor of cheating we'd complain about this""
+++End of transmission+++

Offline Scars

• Warning: He bites
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Spooky! Shocking!
    • Progressive Labour Party
Re:YES!!! Finally I filled all my redemptionist needs!!
« Reply #1 on: October 8, 2002, 08:46:40 PM »
yeah that's a good idea! I mean they are much cheaper than redemptionists as they come 3 to a pack. with 152 of them you could make a whole army just using them!
'The genius of you Americans is that you never make clear-cut stupid moves, only complicated stupid
moves'
- Abd al-Nasir
Progressive Labour Party

cullyJR.

« Reply #2 on: October 9, 2002, 10:40:51 PM »
I love tallarn!!!  How many of these things am I going to have to buy?  Tallarn to make into redemptionists, tallarn to make into eldar(I make half my army out of guardians, yet have only twenty... but 2000pt) and Tallarn to make into Tallarn.  Maybe not tallarn because i've got valhallans?  so tallarn to make into everything but guard.  The could make good tau even.

Offline Tobab816

« Reply #3 on: October 9, 2002, 10:58:42 PM »
Personally I think that GW should concentrate on Tallarns instead of Catachans....beacus e while the catachan models suck the Tallarn models are pure gold!!!

+++Excerpt from Last Chaos/Space marine game, commentator: Inquisitor Khalheed "The Purgator" Qhor, Ex-Deathball player+++

Chaos vs Space Marine grudgematch today ended 23-19 when Brother Grazieel decimated the chaos team with a heavy bolter.

Afterwards the Chaos Coach Zhuriel the Damned stated "If we weren't ideologically in favor of cheating we'd complain about this""

Offline The False Emporor

• "We have come for you!" - Night Lords battlecry
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2002, 12:26:25 AM »
Ya tallarns are cool but do bear a resemblence to ohhh i dont know Islamic fundamentalists? And someone could be offended, and sue? And arn't SISTERS if battle sisters...NOT Brothers? I dont know cause i dont play em( all I currently am is IG) i just think there cool
Not a single body of a night lords chaos space marine was found on the planet. However, given the symbols duabed in blood and the ashen corpses lying dead in thier beds, in the streets, and in the parks, the fate of Grendels World was unmistakably thier work. It can only be hoped the sensless genocide of the populuce can furnis us with a little more infomation on how to scour this menace from the face of the imperium.

Offline Tobab816

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2002, 04:00:40 AM »
Ugh how I despise all the PC....

Offline Scars

• Warning: He bites
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Spooky! Shocking!
    • Progressive Labour Party
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2002, 05:49:18 PM »
CHRIST! paint them red with golden flames, then they look like redemptionists! I mean if you were painting them in white robes with big islamic banners- that's one things but in red with flames is totally different!
'The genius of you Americans is that you never make clear-cut stupid moves, only complicated stupid
moves'
- Abd al-Nasir
Progressive Labour Party

Offline Rliyen

• That blows righteous Mon-Keigh chunks under Heaven
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2002, 12:26:51 PM »
Ugh how I despise all the PC....

I agree.  I find it sad that someone is making a PC (Oh, I don't like that, I'm offended, I'll sue!, blah blah blah) issue out of a G-A-M-E.  Truly sad.

Next, you're going to hear how people are offended that the game mentions humans worshipping a corpse Emperor, and not the Almighty God/Allah/Buddah/Grand Pooh-bah.

Personally, I love the way the Tallarn's look.  I also take the Tallarn models in the context of the GAME and not REAL LIFE. ::)

In your next trip to fantasy land, it would be well for you to remember that.

Tobab, I think the Tallarn's will look cool as Redemptionists.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2002, 12:29:46 PM by Rliyen »
Space Marines Are For Pansies.

Real Men play Eldar

Offline Belgarion85

• CHECK OUT MY HOMEPAGE!
    • My homepage!!!
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2002, 12:36:19 PM »
GREAT!
Im thinking about using Catchans and paint them in a  "not-jungle" theme.

What do you guys think of thay?
Is it ok?
"A Traitor can never be forgiven. A Traitor will never find peace in this world or the next. There is nothing as wretched or as hated in all the world as a Traitor."

Offline Archon Xanath

• RTFM
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2002, 01:57:24 AM »
GREAT!
Im thinking about using Catchans and paint them in a  "not-jungle" theme.

What do you guys think of thay?
Is it ok?

I think they'll still look like the crappy Rambo models with 5+ save t-shirts.  Heh.

Converting the Empire Militia boxed set may not be as easy, but it's just as cost effective, and looks better, IMO.

AX

Offline Belgarion85

• CHECK OUT MY HOMEPAGE!
    • My homepage!!!
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2002, 03:36:06 PM »
I was planning on using catchans as redemptionists. there is absolutely no other modells I can get my hands on over here...  :-\

So... What do you think? Can I use Catchans? It will be easy to get those autocannons I´m planing on using too, since there are catchans with those   ;).
"A Traitor can never be forgiven. A Traitor will never find peace in this world or the next. There is nothing as wretched or as hated in all the world as a Traitor."

Offline Tobab816

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2002, 04:17:42 PM »
Personally I just despise catachans....but that is just my personal opinion.

Offline Belgarion85

• CHECK OUT MY HOMEPAGE!
    • My homepage!!!
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2002, 04:54:35 PM »
We all have our own thoughts of catchans .
I thinks the look like crap rambo-wannabies.
But I think they´ll work as redemptionists